Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

For that price it doesn't want to.

Ya nar what it is?

I spend bloody hours searching the world in an apparantly fruitless task looking an unreleased dvd made in the same year as bloody world war 2!

my incredible detective work eventually leads me to the arse end of the planet where i find a copy of this much loved film.

And they moan aboot the fecking price! thats gratitude for ya!

:calmdown:

Whey if it's going to be on free telly I'll save myself a tenner. Your link might come in handy if I miss it though. Many thanks.

Dunno why i bother tbh. :calmdown:

http://tcmonline.co.uk/listings/movie_deta...?movieId=114987

Ya nar what it is?

I spend bloody hours searching the world in an apparantly fruitless task looking an unreleased dvd made in the same year as bloody world war 2!

my incredible detective work eventually leads me to the arse end of the planet where i find a copy of this much loved film.

Whey if it's going to be on free telly I'll save myself a tenner. Your link might come in handy if I miss it though. Many thanks.

;)

Muchos Gracias.

Not sure if I've got TCM. And I'll be at work :D

Maybe this could be the time to learn how the timer works on the DVD recorder.

Ya nar what it is?

;)

Muchos Gracias.

Not sure if I've got TCM. And I'll be at work <_<

More than welcome. :D

Ya nar what it is?

;)

Muchos Gracias.

You call yourself a film fan and you don't know if you have TCM. You get some classic (albeit often repeated) films on there for free. Adverts on most of them though (but not too often).

Ya nar what it is?

;)

Muchos Gracias.

You call yourself a film fan and you don't know if you have TCM. You get some classic (albeit often repeated) films on there for free. Adverts on most of them though (but not too often).

Telewest are crap, they can't decide if it comes for free or not and keep switching it on and off. I'm sure I watched a bit of The Hunger on there this morning though (it looked shit) so fingers crossed.

Getting back to Oliver Stone, looks like he's not quite done with his 9/11 theme, he's going to follow up WTC with the resulting attack of Afghanistan....

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111795195...yid=13&cs=1

After steering clear of political controversy with 9/11 heroism tale "World Trade Center," Oliver Stone and Paramount Pictures are venturing into edgier territory with "Jawbreaker." Pic will focus on America's response to the terrorist attacks with the invasion of Afghanistan and hunt for 9/11 mastermind Osama Bin Laden.

Cyrus Nowrasteh, whose most recent credit was the controversial ABC miniseries "The Path to 9/11," is set to write a second draft of "Jawbreaker." Script is based in part on a memoir of the same name by Gary Bernsten, the CIA's pointman during the invasion, who coordinated the efforts of the CIA and Special Operations Forces to end Taliban rule.

Stone and Par bought the book months ago and kept it hush-hush so that "World Trade Center" could open unencumbered in the U.S. and overseas. A first draft was written by Ralph Pezzullo, who co-wrote "Jawbreaker" with Bernsten.

With "World Trade Center" on track to gross upward of $125 million worldwide, Par was eager to take the subject to its next logical step.

Stone, however, cautioned that "Jawbreaker" is one of several projects he has percolating and he hasn't locked his next film.

"This will be partly about the ground war in Afghanistan, among other things," Stone said. "We've been discreet because we didn't want 'World Trade Center' to be affected unnecessarily by political bullshit about Afghanistan."

"World Trade Center" was marketed as a heroic rescue tale, but Stone recognizes it will be harder to avoid political discussions on "Jawbreaker." In a memoir heavily vetted by the CIA (there are pages of blacked-out lines), Bernsten details feeling stymied by bureaucrats in President Bill Clinton's administration who prevented operatives from engaging a growingly malicious Al Qaeda and Bin Laden presence. While Bernsten describes how he and his cohorts were stunningly told to stand down when they had Bin Laden cornered in Tora Bora, he writes approvingly of President George W. Bush's handling of the invasion.

But Stone, an outspoken critic of Bush's decision to invade Iraq, said Bernstein's tome does look skeptically at the situation, too. "Gary might be a defender of the administration, but he certainly had very clear criticisms of bureaucratic snafus in Afghanistan," said Stone.

Also compelling is Stone's choice of Nowrasteh, whose "Path to 9/11" script met a volley of critical salvos for injecting fictional scenes. The mini, which was nearly pulled by ABC in September, was pointedly criticized by Clinton for unfairly painting his administration as indifferent to Bin Laden. Nowrasteh wrote and directed 2001 telepic "The Day President Reagan Was Shot," which Stone exec produced.

Stone just returned from a whirlwind nine-country, 22-day tour to launch "World Trade Center" and said he felt high levels of skepticism and scrutiny on a film he felt was devoid of political context.

"They were watching every nuance of the film, trying to decide if I was being pro-Bush, anti-Bush, too patriotic," Stone said. "It's the least political film I've made, and looking at it politically blinds one to the heart of the movie."

Stone said the intention in "Jawbreaker" will be to create compelling drama, not a polemic.

"It has the potential to be very exciting. There's a lot of action and a thriller element that we're still trying to bring out," Stone said. "I'm not looking to make a political movie, but it always seems to come down to that with me."

Watched 'O Brother Where Art Thou?' by the Coen Brothers. Enjoyed it even if it isn't one of their very best. Having a passing knowledge of The Odyssey came in handy like.

V for Vendetta

Solid action film that (unlike than the standard no brainers) gives it's audience at least a few ideas to ponder, no matter how ordinary they might be. Most of the people I know that have seen it said it was really bad, a lot of them turned it off before the end, I can't see where they're coming from.

V for Vendetta

Solid action film that (unlike than the standard no brainers) gives it's audience at least a few ideas to ponder, no matter how ordinary they might be. Most of the people I know that have seen it said it was really bad, a lot of them turned it off before the end, I can't see where they're coming from.

I thought it was very good, couple of cringe-tastic moments in typical Wachowski brothers style, but top quality popcorn.

Watched 'O Brother Where Art Thou?' by the Coen Brothers. Enjoyed it even if it isn't one of their very best. Having a passing knowledge of The Odyssey came in handy like.

Agreed, I saw it a couple of years ago, not life changing but a good movie.

Agreed, I saw it a couple of years ago, not life changing but a good movie.

Not the Coens best, but still a cut above 95% of films at the pictures. Soundtrack is champion too.

Not many films have this many class lines

George Nelson: Cows! I hate cows worse than coppers!

[fires his Tommy gun at them]

Delmar O'Donnell: Oh, George... not the livestock. :calmdown:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ulysses Everett McGill: You ever been with a woman?

Delmar O'Donnell: I gotta get the family farm back before I start worrying about that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ulysses Everett McGill: You two are just dumber than a bag of hammers.

Pete: The Preacher said it absolved us.

Ulysses Everett McGill: For him, not for the law. I'm surprised at you, Pete, I gave you credit for more brains than Delmar.

Delmar O'Donnell: But they was witnesses that seen us redeemed.

Ulysses Everett McGill: That's not the issue Delmar. Even if that did put you square with the Lord, the State of Mississippi's a little more hard-nosed.

[Repeated line]

Ulysses Everett McGill: Damn! We're in a tight spot! :calmdown:

Ulysses Everett McGill: Me an' the old lady are gonna pick up the pieces and retie the knot, mixaphorically speaking.

Ulysses Everett McGill: I'll tell you what I am - I'm the damn paterfamilias! You can't marry him!

Pete: Wait a minute. Who elected you leader of this outfit?

Ulysses Everett McGill: Well Pete, I figured it should be the one with the capacity for abstract thought. But if that ain't the consensus view, then hell, let's put it to a vote.

Pete: Suits me. I'm voting for yours truly.

Ulysses Everett McGill: Well I'm voting for yours truly too.

[Everett and Pete look at Delmar for the deciding vote]

Delmar O'Donnell: Okay... I'm with you fellas.

Pete: I've always wondered, what's the devil look like?

Ulysses Everett McGill: Well, there are all manner of lesser imps and demons, Pete, but the great Satan hisself is red and scaly with a bifurcated tail, and he carries a hay fork.

Tommy Johnson: Oh, no. No, sir. He's white, as white as you folks, with empty eyes and a big hollow voice. He likes to travel around with a mean old hound. That's right.

Tommy Johnson: I had to be up at that there crossroads last midnight, to sell my soul to the devil.

Ulysses Everett McGill: Well, ain't it a small world, spiritually speaking. Pete and Delmar just been baptized and saved. I guess I'm the only one that remains unaffiliated. ;)

Ulysses Everett McGill: Why are you telling our gals that I was hit by a train?

Penny Wharvey McGill: Lots of respectable people have been hit by trains. Judge Hobbie over in Cookville was hit by a train. What was I gonna tell them, that you got sent to the penal farm and I divorced you from shame?

Ulysses Everett McGill: Uh, I take your point. But it does put me in a damn awkward position, vis-a-vis my progeny.

[first lines]

Ulysses Everett McGill: Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'? :D

Pete: You miserable little snake! You stole from my kin!

Ulysses Everett McGill: Who was fixin' to betray us.

Pete: You didn't know that at the time.

Ulysses Everett McGill: So I borrowed it until I did know.

Pete: That don't make no sense!

Ulysses Everett McGill: Pete, it's a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart.

Penny Wharvey McGill: Vernon here's got a job. Vernon's got prospects. He's bona fide. What are you?

Delmar O'Donnell: Them syreens did this to Pete. They loved him up and turned him into a horny toad.

Pete: Since we been followin' your lead, we ain't got nothing but trouble.

Pete: Well hell, it ain't square one! Ain't nobody gonna pick up three filthy, unshaved hitch-hikers, and one of them a know-it-all that can't keep his trap shut.

Ulysses Everett McGill: Pete, the personal rancor reflected in that remark I don't intend to dignify with comment. But I would like to address your general attitude of hopeless negativism. Consider the lilies of the goddamn field or... hell! Take at look at Delmar here as your paradigm of hope.

Delmar O'Donnell: Yeah, look at me.

Pomade Vendor: I can get the part from Bristol. It'll take two weeks, here's your pomade.

Ulysses Everett McGill: Two weeks? That don't do me no good.

Pomade Vendor: Nearest Ford auto man's Bristol.

Ulysses Everett McGill: Hold on, I don't want this pomade. I want Dapper Dan.

Pomade Vendor: I don't carry Dapper Dan, I carry Fop.

Ulysses Everett McGill: Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

Pomade Vendor: Watch your language, young feller, this is a public market. Now if you want Dapper Dan, I can order it for you, have it in a couple of weeks.

Ulysses Everett McGill: Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!

Ulysses Everett McGill: I don't want FOP Damn it, I'm a Dapper Dan Man! <_<

Ulysses Everett McGill: Well, it didn't look like a two-horse town, but try finding a decent hair jelly.

Delmar O'Donnell: Friend? Some of your foldin' money is come unstowed.

Delmar O'Donnell: I'm gonna visit those foreclosing son-of-a-guns at the Indianola Savings & Loan, slap that money on the barrelhead and buy back the family farm. You ain't no kind of man if you ain't got land.

George Nelson: Jesus saves, George Nelson withdraws!

Delmar O'Donnell: You work for the railroad, Grampa?

Blind Seer: I work for no man.

Delmar O'Donnell: Got a name, do you?

Blind Seer: I have no name.

Ulysses Everett McGill: Well, that right there may be the reason you've had difficulty findin' gainful employment. You see, in the mart of competitive commerce... <_<

Delmar O'Donnell: We thought you was a toad!

Pete: What?

Delmar O'Donnell: [leaning in, speaking slower] We thought you was a toad!

Lund: Now, what can I do you for Mr. French?

French: How can I lay a hold of them Soggy Bottom Boys?

Lund: Soggy Bottom? I don't recitely recollect them.

French: They cut a record in here a few days ago, was an old-timey harmony thing with a guitar accom... accomp...

Lund: Oh myeah myeah myeah myeah I remember them. They was colored fellas I believe.

French: Uh huh.

Lund: Yessah, they're a fine bunch a boys. They sang in the yonder can and skeedadled.

French: Well that record is goin' through the goddamned roof. They playin' it as far away as Mobile.

Lund: Naw?

French: Whole damn state's goin' apey.

Lund: Well it was a powerful air.

French: Hot damn, we gotta find them boys and sign 'em to a big fat contract. Hells Bells, Mr. Lund, if we don't the goddamned competition will.

Lund: Ohhhh mercy yes we got to beat that competition.

Ulysses Everett McGill: The treasure is still there boys, believe me.

Delmar O'Donnell: But how'd he know about the treasure?

Ulysses Everett McGill: I don't know Delmar. The blind are reputed to possess sensitivities compensating for their lack of sight, even to the point of developing paranormal psychic powers. Now, clearly seeing into the future would fall into neatly into that category; its not so surprising then that an organism deprived of its earthly vision...

Pete: He said we wouldn't get get it. He said we wouldn't get the treasure we seek on account of our ob-stac-les.

Ulysses Everett McGill: Well what the hell does he know, he's just an ignorant old man?

Pete: Do not seek the treasure! :blush::lol::lol:

Blind Seer: You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek. But first... first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril. Mm-hmm. You shall see thangs, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... a cow... on the roof of a cotton house, ha. And, oh, so many startlements. I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the obstacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward. Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation.

Homer Stokes: The color guard is colored!

Washington Hogwallop: Mrs. Hogwallop up and R-U-N-N-O-F-T.

Ulysses Everett McGill: I was not hit by a train. Damnit, I am the paterfamilias!

Delmar O'Donnell: Gopher, Everett?

Pappy O'Daniel: Shake a leg Junior! Thank God your mammy died givin' birth. If she'd have seen you, she'd have died o' shame.

Delmar O'Donnell: They... left... his... heart!

Ulysses Everett McGill: [upon being startled awake] Mmmm. How's my hair?

Ulysses Everett McGill: I detect, like me, you're endowed with the gift of gab.

Big Dan Teague: Thank you boys for throwin' in that fricassee. I'm a man of large appetite, and even with lunch under my belt, I was feelin' a mite peckish.

Ulysses Everett McGill: It's our pleasure, Big Dan.

Big Dan Teague: You don't say much my friend, but when you do it's to the point, and I salute you for it.

Ulysses Everett McGill: I am the only daddy you got! I'm the damn paterfamilias!

Wharvey Gal: But you ain't bona fide!

Ulysses Everett McGill: A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man. :lol:

Ulysses Everett McGill: Tommy, what you ridin' there?

Tommy Johnson: Uh... Roll top desk!

Delmar O'Donnell: where's the happy little tire swing?

Washington Hogwallop: I slaughtered this horse last Tuesday. I think it's startin' to turn.

Penny Wharvey McGill: The only good thing you ever did for the gals was get hit by that train!

Ulysses Everett McGill: Well, you lying... unconstant... succubus!

Vernon T. Waldrip: Whoa, whoa, whoa! You can't swear at my fiancé!

Ulysses Everett McGill: Oh, yeah? Well, you can't marry my wife!

Ulysses Everett McGill: I'm not sure that's Pete.

Delmar O'Donnell: Of course it's Pete! Look at him!... We gotta find some kind of wizard to change him back.

Delmar O'Donnell: Care for some gopher?

Ulysses Everett McGill: No thank you, Delmar. One third of a gopher would only arouse my appetite without bedding it down.

Delmar O'Donnell: Oh, you can have the whole thing. Me and Pete already had one apiece. We ran across a whole... gopher village.

Pete: My pa always said "Never trust a Hogwallop!"

Pappy's Staff: The reason he's pullin' our pants down.

Pappy's Staff: Gonna paddle a little behind.

Pappy's Staff: Ain't gonna paddle it - gonna kick it, real hard.

Pappy's Staff: No, I believe he's gonna paddle it.

Pappy's Staff: I don't believe that's a proper characterization.

Pappy's Staff: Well, that's how I'd characterize it.

Pappy's Staff: I believe it's more of a kickin' sitcheyation.

Pappy O'Daniel: I'll press your flesh, you dimwitted sumbitch! You don't tell your pappy how to court the electorate. We ain't one-at-a-timin' here. We're MASS communicating!

[Discussing how to counter Homer Stokes' campaign for governor]

Junior O'Daniel: We could hire our own midget, even shorter than his.

Pappy O'Daniel: Wouldn't we look like a bunch of Johnny-come-latelies, bragging on our own midget, doesn't matter how stumpy. :lol::lol::lol:

Pappy O'Daniel: Moral fibre? I invented moral fibre! Pappy O'Daniel was displaying rectitude and high-mindedness when that egghead you work for was still messing his drawers!

Homer Stokes: These boys is not white! These boys is not white! Hell, they ain't even old timey!

Homer Stokes: This band of miscreants, this very evening, interfered with a lynch mob in the performance of its duty.

Ulysses Everett McGill: Well, I guess hard times flush the chump. Everybody's lookin' for answers... Where the hell's he goin'?

[as Delmar runs out to be baptized]

Pete: Well, I'll be a son of a bitch. Delmar's been saved!

Ulysses Everett McGill: You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!

Delmar O'Donnell: I just don't think it's right keeping him under wraps like we's ashamed of him.

Ulysses Everett McGill: Well, if it is Pete, I am ashamed of him! Way I see it, he got what he deserved, fornicating with some whore of Babylon. These things don't happen for no reason, Delmar. It's obviously some kinda judgment on his character.

Delmar O'Donnell: Well, the two of us was fixin' to fornicate!

Ulysses Everett McGill: Say, uh, Cousin Wash, I suppose it'd be the acme of foolishness to inquire if you had a hair net.

Man with Bullhorn: All right, boys! It's the authorities! We got you surrounded! Just come on out and grabbin' air! And don't try nothing fancy! Your sityeachin is purty nigh hopeless!

Ulysses Everett McGill: Pete's cousin turned us in for the bounty.

Pete: The hell you say! Wash is kin!

Washington Hogwallop: Sorry, Pete, I know we're kin, but they got this depression on. I got to do for me and mine.

Pete: I'm gonna kill you, Judas Iscariot Hogwallop!

Ulysses Everett McGill: The old tactician has got a plan. For the transportation that is, I don't know how I'm gonna keep my coiffure in order.

Pete: How's this a plan? How we gonna get a car?

Ulysses Everett McGill: Sell that. I figure it can only have painful association for Wash.

Pete: [reading] "To Washington Bartholomew Hogwallop, from his loving Cora. Amor Fidel... is."

Ulysses Everett McGill: It was in his bureau. I figure it'll fetch us enough cash for a good used auto-voiture, and a little left over besides.

[after the *FOUR* soggy bottom boys finish recording "I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow"]

Ulysses Everett McGill: Woo! Hot Damn, son I believe you did sell your soul to the devil.

Lund: Woooooooo-wee. Boy, that was a miiiighty fine a-pickin' and a-singin'. I'll tell you what, you come on in here and sign these papers here and I'm a gonna you ten dollars a piece.

Ulysses Everett McGill: Uh, okay sir. But Murt and Aloysius will have to sign Xes as only four of us can write.

[as a noose is flung over Pete]

Sheriff Cooley: Stairway to heaven. We shall all meet by and by.

[about to be hung]

Ulysses Everett McGill: It ain't the law!

Sheriff Cooley: The law? The law is a human institution.

Pappy O'Daniel: Holey moley! These boys are a hit!

Junior O'Daniel: But Pappy, they's integrated!

Homer Stokes: Is you is, or is you ain't, my constituency?

George Nelson: I'm George Nelson, and I'm feeling ten feet tall!

Ulysses Everett McGill: So you're against me now too? Is that how it is boys? The whole world, God almighty, and now you.

Ulysses Everett McGill: What'd the devil give you for your soul, Tommy?

Tommy Johnson: Well, he taught me to play this here guitar real good.

Delmar O'Donnell: Oh son, for that you sold your everlasting soul?

Tommy Johnson: Well, I wasn't usin' it.

Pete: Well I'll be a sonofabitch. Delmar's been saved.

Delmar O'Donnell: Well that's it, boys. I've been redeemed. The preacher's done warshed away all my sins and transgressions. It's the straight and narrow from here on out, and heaven everlasting's my reward.

Ulysses Everett McGill: Delmar, what are you talking about? We've got bigger fish to fry.

Delmar O'Donnell: The preacher says all my sins is warshed away, including that Piggly Wiggly I knocked over in Yazoo.

Ulysses Everett McGill: I thought you said you was innocent of those charges?

Delmar O'Donnell: Well I was lyin'. And the preacher says that that sin's been warshed away too. Neither God nor man's got nothin' on me now. C'mon in boys, the water is fine.

Soggy Bottom Customer: Do you have the Soggy Bottom Boys performing "Man of Constant Sorrow"?

Record Store Clerk: No ma'am. We got a new shipment in yesterday. Sorry, but we just can't keep 'em on our shelves.

Ulysses Everett McGill: Ain't you gonna introduce us, Pete?

Pete: I don't know their names. I seen 'em first!

Big Dan Teague: So long boys. See you in the funny papers.

Penny Wharvey McGill: I've spoken my piece and counted to three.

Ulysses Everett McGill: She counted to three. Goddamit! She counted to three. Sonofabitch!

Pappy O'Daniel: Furthermore, in the second Pappy O'Daniel administration, these boys is gonna be my *brain* trust.

Delmar O'Donnell: What's that mean, Everett?

Ulysses Everett McGill: I like the smell of my hair treatment; the pleasing odor is half the point.

Ulysses Everett McGill: Well, as soon as we get ourselves cleaned up and we get a little smellum in our hair, why, we're gonna feel 100% better about ourselves and about life in general.

Homer Stokes: Those boys desecrated a burning cross! :lol:

Delmar O'Donnell: Hey mister! I don't mean to be tellin' tales out of school, but there's a feller in there that'll pay you ten dollars if you sing into his can.

Big Dan Teague: I'm gonna propose you a proposition!

Pete: You ruined my life!

[while being choked]

Ulysses Everett McGill: I do apologize about that Pete.

Homer Stokes: [as Grand Kleagle at a KKK rally] Brothers! Oh, brothers! We have all gathered here, to preserve our hallowed culture and heritage! We aim to pull evil up by the root, before it chokes out the flower of our culture and heritage! And our women, let's not forget those ladies, y'all. Looking to us for protection! From darkies, from Jews, from papists, and from all those smart-ass folks say we come descended from monkeys!

Homer Stokes: And so, we gonna hang us a negro!

[last lines]

Penny Wharvey McGill: Well, we need that ring.

Ulysses Everett McGill: Well that ring is at the bottom of a pretty durn big lake.

Penny Wharvey McGill: Uh-uh.

Ulysses Everett McGill: A 9,000 hectare lake.

Penny Wharvey McGill: I don't care if it's 90,000...

Ulysses Everett McGill: But honey...

Penny Wharvey McGill: that lake was not my doing.

Ulysses Everett McGill: Of course not honey...

Penny Wharvey McGill: I counted to three, honey.

Ulysses Everett McGill: No, wait, honey! Finding one little ring in the middle of all that water is one hell of a heroic task!

'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest' - Weak plot. Depp was ok, Knightley and Bloom was annoying to say the least. 2/10. *inserts angry pirate*. Grrrr

They tried to pack too much into one movie tbh. I liked it but was expecting better. Hopefully they can redeem themselves with the final one.