This is the news!

Anorthernsoul

On 21/06/2023 at 15:59, Alex said:

I used to absolutely love it like. I knew it was silly even as a kid but it was all tongue firmly in cheek. I remember going to see the Michael Keaton film at the metro centre and thinking it was shite in comparison. A view which has stood the test of time tbf

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Craig said:

Debris field discovered in the search area. Inevitable I suppose but definitely game over. 

titanic-door-1.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

They’re fucked if Kate got there first- bitch needs the space. 

• Haha 2

Shows how fucking ridiculous inflation has got. Half a million quid to see Titanic … back in 1997 it cost about £4.50 to see it! :lol:

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I’ve heard loads of jokes about this submarine thing but I’m not going to sink that low.

Plumbing the depths there, mind 

• Haha 3

It seems the step son of one of the billionaires on board went to a Blink 182 concert whilst the search was going on. 

1- Who knew they were still gigging? 
2- I hope they played this …

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It seems the step son of one of the billionaires on board went to a Blink 182 concert whilst the search was going on. 

1- Who knew they were still gigging? 
2- I hope they played this …

• Haha 3

This Titan submarine was well fucking dodgy. None of the components certified. There was a bloke on C4 news last night who was due to make this trip but backed out as he was concerned by the lack of certification. Smart move. 

This thread is great for anyone interested in how to do things properly (as in Deepsea Challenger) and how fucked up this Titan sub was.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The day they find the debris is maybe a bit early for the "let me tell you how to build a REAL submersible" thread. :lol:

Never stopped you before 🙂 

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Renton said:

This Titan submarine was well fucking dodgy. None of the components certified. There was a bloke on C4 news last night who was due to make this trip but backed out as he was concerned by the lack of certification. Smart move. 

This thread is great for anyone interested in how to do things properly (as in Deepsea Challenger) and how fucked up this Titan sub was.

The thing was controlled by an off-brand gaming console controller. 

The ones that your kid is disappointed with if they get one in their Christmas stocking. :lol:

They had no voice communication with the surface because the CEO didn’t like being disturbed on dives. 

It was made of carbon fibre, based on cf pressure vessels designed to withstand internal pressure, as opposed to the massive external pressure it would be dealing with-This is mental btw, how the fuck did they ever get to the point of taking punters down in it? 

The viewing window was only rated to 1500m, not the 4000m the wreck lies at. 

The only good thing really, is that the CEO insisted on leading every dive in it, so with him now Shippam’s spread for deep sea lobsters, he’s not going to kill more people with his insanely dangerous “projects”. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Because it looks like MF has hijacked this thread for that purpose 

Not true. 

However, since we’re on the subject, check out these Pressure vessels*

* of course it’s tits, ffs, it’s me posting here. 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The day they find the debris is maybe a bit early for the "let me tell you how to build a REAL submersible" thread. :lol:

You'd be the type to say that the aftermath of a mass shooting isn't the time to talk about gun control. Disgusting.

Shame he had to kill a teenager to prove what a great rule breaking entrepreneur he was. This is a great example of why regulations and certifications are necessary. 

Anyway, these people can get fucked. Doing this purely to boast at their champagne enema parties that  they've visited the titanic. They're not explorers, they are contributing nothing to the World and doing this for pure vanity. Meanwhile hundreds of immigrants die on a fishing boat in the Med, not a single name will be remembered.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1