This is the news!

Anorthernsoul

Its disgraceful.  But some of the reaction seems a little OTT.  I wonder how many kicking off at a tree like cut down, couldn't give a flying fuck about a bunch of trees on green belt being cut down for some CUNT of a housebuilder to make millions.

NIBYISM at its finest

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Its disgraceful.  But some of the reaction seems a little OTT.  I wonder how many kicking off at a tree like cut down, couldn't give a flying fuck about a bunch of trees on green belt being cut down for some CUNT of a housebuilder to make millions.

NIBYISM at its finest

But at least there is a reason for those trees to get cut down, whether you call it CUNTS MAKING PROFITS or the provision of housing for our growing population of soon to be singletons like Gemmill and PL..

This is just seemingly senseless. Also unlike 99.999999% of trees, it was massively iconic, symbolic. Not to mention the scattering place of countless ashes etc. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

But at least there is a reason for those trees to get cut down, whether you call it CUNTS MAKING PROFITS or the provision of housing for our growing population of soon to be singletons like Gemmill and PL..

This is just seemingly senseless. Also unlike 99.999999% of trees, it was massively iconic, symbolic. Not to mention the scattering place of countless ashes etc. 

Like I said I think its disgraceful.

The worse thing is.  What punishment can be given out if they ever find the cunts?

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Like I said I think its disgraceful.

The worse thing is.  What punishment can be given out if they ever find the cunts?

Think there is precedent for jail time and huge fines. Doubt anyone will be caught though. 

I can see how from the outside it could be viewed as 'just a tree' but it feels like a middle finger to the rest of the community IMO. It is well known and loved, it's part of the cultural landscape of Northumberland insofar as almost everyone in the surrounding areas have been to see it at some point.

It's just crass and self indulgent to do this - done at night by the sounds of it too so clearly whoever did it knew there'd be an outcry.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The silly cunt probably put the whole thing on Tik Tok.

I was about to say. As soon as I saw they’d arrested a 16 year old I thought they’d been caught after posting a video of it somewhere 

• Like 2

A fuck load of middle-aged 'we had way more respect than the youth of today' comments are filling my head but, principally:

1. How the fuck is a 16yo getting his hands on a chainsaw

2. How is he getting himself to what is essentially a remote spot in unsociable hours

3. Where the fuck are his parents?!

I get the point Wykiki is making, but it was more than just a tree. It was a tourist symbol of the North East, thanks in no small part to a film in the 1990s. MF called it right, the freedom of the area will be lost and whatever (if anything) takes its place it'll never be the same. 

It'd be like someone going to American and cutting down the General Sherman or one of the survivor trees for 9/11 or Oklahoma City. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Craig said:

A fuck load of middle-aged 'we had way more respect than the youth of today' comments are filling my head but, principally:

1. How the fuck is a 16yo getting his hands on a chainsaw

2. How is he getting himself to what is essentially a remote spot in unsociable hours

3. Where the fuck are his parents?!

I get the point Wykiki is making, but it was more than just a tree. It was a tourist symbol of the North East, thanks in no small part to a film in the 1990s. MF called it right, the freedom of the area will be lost and whatever (if anything) takes its place it'll never be the same. 

It'd be like someone going to American and cutting down the General Sherman or one of the survivor trees for 9/11 or Oklahoma City. 

He's got to be covering for someone. Got to be. 

Yeh it's definitely a symbol and like rents has said it's a special place for local (and non locals) people.

In a way I'm happy people give this much shit about a place like that. We need to respect what we have more