Other games 2019/2020/2021

TheGingerQuiff

9 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

:lol: Likewise. Looks like the FA have to look a bit further for their next manager.

Higher net spend than Liverpool in recent years, owned by a billionaire, play shite football, have at best a league two standard poverty stadium.

But he gets zero stick from anywhere despite being the streakiest manager in the league. Can’t stand him.

37 minutes ago, strawb said:

Higher net spend than Liverpool in recent years, owned by a billionaire, play shite football, have at best a league two standard poverty stadium.

But he gets zero stick from anywhere despite being the streakiest manager in the league. Can’t stand him.

Oi cuntychops I helped build that magnificent edifice :angry:

It was state of the art.... 18 years ago.... :cuppa:

Anyone reckon the dildo sellers would be stupid enough to give Howe a crack at West Ham? 🤔

It's a far bigger club for the media darling to fall flat on his face at. A logical stepping stone towards the Spurs/Arsenal job he seems to get touted for by those in the media keen to see English managers in the premier league's big jobs. West Ham seem to be about to appoint Moyes again though, who hasn't had a job since they sacked him in favour of appointing the man they sacked yesterday. If there's once club I'd like to see go down this season it's West fuckin Ham, purely because their owners are Ashley level Tory cunts. The fact that even these useless fuckers don't see Howe as a good appointment to build their club for the future tells you all you need to know about them and him; their short term panic appointment of a fuckin dinosour is still preferable to a manager who's never been anything other than distinctly average at the top level. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

That Wolves offside 😂 what an absolute parcel of shite 

From the benefit of the doubt handed to the striker to promote attacking football to VAR where jew err you are offside if you do have a big nose...

What's the solution for VAR offsides? 

1- Bring in a daylight rule. Either between the players on the pitch or the lines that VAR draws 

2- Use a cricket type system where, if the offside is marginal, they just go with the on field decision 

3- Scrap offsides in VAR entirely 

Offside law was created to stop strikers goal hanging and having an unfair advantage. Not to rule out goals because your armpit hair strayed 2mm offside. Apparently it's ruled out 30 goals already in half a season. 

Conversely, I think NUFC have benefitted from it. We used to always be on the wrong end of dodgy refereeing decisions. Shelveys goal against Sheffield would never have stood last season 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

1- Bring in a daylight rule. Either between the players on the pitch or the lines that VAR draws 

2- Use a cricket type system where, if the offside is marginal, they just go with the on field decision 

Offside law was created to stop strikers goal hanging and having an unfair advantage. Not to rule out goals because your armpit hair strayed 2mm offside. Apparently it's ruled out 30 goals already in half a season. 

Conversely, I think NUFC have benefitted from it. We used to always be on the wrong end of dodgy refereeing decisions. Shelveys goal against Sheffield would never have stood last season 

1. Ditch VAR altogether for offside. And get refs to start using pitchside monitors for other decisions. At the moment it's how I suggested it would be, the referee's decision isn't final, it is literally being overruled. 

2. Completely agree, most punters appear to understand this point but the half wits at the PGM or whatever theyre called have completely lost sight of this. 

3. We've had the rub of the green, no doubt about it. The penalty Spurs didn't get at their place in August wouldve undoubtedly been awarded if it had been down to the ref. 

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

1. Ditch VAR altogether for offside. And get refs to start using pitchside monitors for other decisions. At the moment it's how I suggested it would be, the referee's decision isn't final, it is literally being overruled. 

Seeing all the players are now wearing those GPS vests (trackers) for data purposes, speed/distance/etc, just use those, a ball with the same GPS tech and make the tracker the point of offside.

Easy enough to set a system up, like the goal line technology, that notifies the referee.

5 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Seeing all the players are now wearing those GPS vests (trackers) for data purposes, speed/distance/etc, just use those, a ball with the same GPS tech and make the tracker the point of offside.

Easy enough to set a system up, like the goal line technology, that notifies the referee.

No. We need less tech for offside, see KD's point 2. The current set is is completely against the spirit of the game. A different tech set up will just introduce a different set of problems. 

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

No. We need less tech for offside, see KD's point 2. The current set is is completely against the spirit of the game. A different tech set up will just introduce a different set of problems. 

PL the tech is here to stay so just make it work and take the stupid human "interpretation" element out of it.

Definitive rule, the watch buzzes it's offside, blow the whistle, move on.

None of this but his left pinky is offside shite. 

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Good post. There was surprisingly decent stuff from Ian Wright on motd about it. It’s ridiculous the way it’s being enforced st present. The tech isn’t good enough to judge the exact moment the ball was passed when it’s very marginal. I’d probably go with option 2 

The problem is that everyone is having a hissy fit every time it overturns a close call. Whether you like it or not, it's making less errors than officials used to. And more often than not we were on the receiving end of shit refs so I can't say it's bothering me.

• Like 1

Just now, Alex said:

Good post. There was surprisingly decent stuff from Ian Wright on motd about it. It’s ridiculous the way it’s being enforced st present. The tech isn’t good enough to judge the exact moment the ball was passed when it’s very marginal. I’d probably go with option 2 

But then how do you decide what's marginal? 

7 minutes ago, sammynb said:

PL the tech is here to stay so just make it work and take the stupid human "interpretation" element out of it.

Definitive rule, the watch buzzes it's offside, blow the whistle, move on.

None of this but his left pinky is offside shite. 

If it’s able to do it in real time then that’s ok. If it’s going to further disrupt play then it’s a ‘no’ from me

• Meenzer changed the title to Other games 2019/2020/2021