Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

They can do what they want with offices and pavements  and introduce all the tracing in the world but am I fuck getting on a packed train anytime soon. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Went for our usual walk on Saturday, but earlier/later than normal, about midday. Lots of people out, fair dos, they were just doing the same as us. Two lads in their twenties approached, we stopped but couldn’t go into road because of traffic. They continued to get closer when one of them gobbed on to the pavement about six feet away from us, before they walked past within a couple of feet of us :glare:

This comes after I was wandering down towards my gaff with headphones in a couple of weeks ago and two grey tracksuit wearing twats cycled past me on the pavement. I was listening to the most recent tome in the Trainspotting series of novels and suddenly I was giving it my best Begbie; “FUCKIN TWO METRES YOU CUNTS!” :lol: which I immediately regretted as they stopped up ahead and started staring at me... I crossed the road and carried on, still half a mile from home...they circled in the road up ahead, then disappeared over the brow of the hill...I got up there and they were stopped chatting to some other cunt, by this time I was on the lookout for bits of wood or even a fuckin traffic cone to use as weapons.. I passed them on the other side of the road again, thinking if this was where it would all end, and  I hadn’t even seen who the Saudi’s marquee signing would be....eventually they passed again, but didn’t look back, shooting through the red lights at the cross roads at the bottom of the hill... I’m never listening to a fuckin Irvine Welsh novel again...

Get tae fucking fuck 

• Haha 5

41 minutes ago, NJS said:

They can do what they want with offices and pavements  and introduce all the tracing in the world but am I fuck getting on a packed train anytime soon. 

I'm a but worried about this. At the minute I can drive to the Freeman as we've been given free spaces at the Ministry. But when this stops and my wife needs to drive into work, I'm going to be forced to use the Metro again. Going to be uncomfortable to say the least. 

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Went for our usual walk on Saturday, but earlier/later than normal, about midday. Lots of people out, fair dos, they were just doing the same as us. Two lads in their twenties approached, we stopped but couldn’t go into road because of traffic. They continued to get closer when one of them gobbed on to the pavement about six feet away from us, before they walked past within a couple of feet of us :glare:

This comes after I was wandering down towards my gaff with headphones in a couple of weeks ago and two grey tracksuit wearing twats cycled past me on the pavement. I was listening to the most recent tome in the Trainspotting series of novels and suddenly I was giving it my best Begbie; “FUCKIN TWO METRES YOU CUNTS!” :lol: which I immediately regretted as they stopped up ahead and started staring at me... I crossed the road and carried on, still half a mile from home...they circled in the road up ahead, then disappeared over the brow of the hill...I got up there and they were stopped chatting to some other cunt, by this time I was on the lookout for bits of wood or even a fuckin traffic cone to use as weapons.. I passed them on the other side of the road again, thinking if this was where it would all end, and  I hadn’t even seen who the Saudi’s marquee signing would be....eventually they passed again, but didn’t look back, shooting through the red lights at the cross roads at the bottom of the hill... I’m never listening to a fuckin Irvine Welsh novel again...

39 minutes ago, Alex said:

Get tae fucking fuck 

doss cunt 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

They hard cunts, or so-called hard cunts, obviously didnae fancy a square go with Paddock lad. They shite'in cunts, more like.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I'm a but worried about this. At the minute I can drive to the Freeman as we've been given free spaces at the Ministry. But when this stops and my wife needs to drive into work, I'm going to be forced to use the Metro again. Going to be uncomfortable to say the least. 

That's probably one of the biggest challenges.

One way of helping it, is if you are already working from home and can still continue, you do that.

31 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

They hard cunts, or so-called hard cunts, obviously didnae fancy a square go with Paddock lad. They shite'in cunts, more like.

"Hey bawbag! Are youse 2 metres away from me? Eh? Wide cunt."

The rhetorical question. The stock in trade weapon ay burds and PL.  

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

One way of helping it, is if you are already working from home and can still continue, you do that.

Yeah, despite being perfectly feasible, wfh isn't an option here. I'm not using public transport again until theres a vaccine though, so something has to give. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Our bosses are talking about a phased return which sounds reasonable but still scares me. I think they'll limit it to client facing staff and those who've either had it or can travel safely. 

I think I'll be alright to stay at home but it's still a concern  - I know that makes me a fanny compared with those unable to WFH though. 

4 minutes ago, NJS said:

Our bosses are talking about a phased return which sounds reasonable but still scares me. I think they'll limit it to client facing staff and those who've either had it or can travel safely. 

I think I'll be alright to stay at home but it's still a concern  - I know that makes me a fanny compared with those unable to WFH though. 

If you can you absolutely should and it helps those unable to work from home too in terms of decreasing the risk to them. That’s not a pop at you, btw

Edited by Alex

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

How the fuck are they not letting you work from home? 

My understanding is everybody has to be treated equally. Clinical staff obviously have to go in, so that means everybody does, regardless of role. I'm yet to talk to a clinician that has any resentment towards staff who could wfh mind. Its bizarre, I believe we're the only trust in the country with this policy. I have heard of colleagues who have no work to do because of covid, being forced to drive in and sit at a desk for 8 hours doing literally nothing. That is appalling for mental health apart from the infection risk, and it's something I experienced precovid, was horrible,  nearly had a breakdown after 2 months of it. Anyway  must not complain too much, dont want to risk a disciplinary. 

Just now, Renton said:

My understanding is everybody has to be treated equally. Clinical staff obviously have to go in, so that means everybody does, regardless of role. I'm yet to talk to a clinician that has any resentment towards staff who could wfh mind. Its bizarre, I believe we're the only trust in the country with this policy. I have heard of colleagues who have no work to do because of covid, being forced to drive in and sit at a desk for 8 hours doing literally nothing. That is appalling for mental health apart from the infection risk, and it's something I experienced precovid, was horrible,  nearly had a breakdown after 2 months of it. Anyway  must not complain too much, dont want to risk a disciplinary. 

That wants leaking to the press to be honest. The management at the Freeman seem like a right bunch of cunts like so I’m not surprised. That has to be one of the stupidest bits of reasoning I’ve ever heard. As with my reply to NJS, it’s actually increasing the risk to those who don’t have a choice. 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

That wants leaking to the press to be honest. The management at the Freeman seem like a right bunch of cunts like so I’m not surprised. That has to be one of the stupidest bits of reasoning I’ve ever heard. As with my reply to NJS, it’s actually increasing the risk to those who don’t have a choice. 

It does. They're argument is our offices are big enough to socially distance, which might be true, but it's still a risk. In my case I have to say my work set up enables me to work more efficiently than wfh, but a sensible compromise would be for us to rotate so that there is only one person per office (theres 3 in mine including me). I've argued til in blue in the face, I'm demonstrably unhappy with the situation,.and really quite close to get disciplined in all likelihood. The whole thing has made me want to leave. Of course,  there's fuck all recruitment now though. 

46 minutes ago, Renton said:

It does. They're argument is our offices are big enough to socially distance, which might be true, but it's still a risk. In my case I have to say my work set up enables me to work more efficiently than wfh, but a sensible compromise would be for us to rotate so that there is only one person per office (theres 3 in mine including me). I've argued til in blue in the face, I'm demonstrably unhappy with the situation,.and really quite close to get disciplined in all likelihood. The whole thing has made me want to leave. Of course,  there's fuck all recruitment now though. 

How the fuck are they getting away with that lame excuse?  Don't they have door handles in the office etc?

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

How the fuck are they getting away with that lame excuse?  Don't they have door handles in the office etc?

Yeah, we're making do with wedging doors open with catalogues to minimise this. But shared toilets, kitchen area, taps, fridge etc too. At least there is plenty of hand sanitizer now. I just wash or sanitise my hands about 50 times a day. 

Oh aye, one of the lasses in the office has a permanent chronic cough.  I mentioned at the time she fell acutely ill a few weeks back (very high fever, lungs fucked) , but tested negative. But all I hear all day long is her coughing and sputtering behind me! If she got a false negative result there is no way I haven't had it either. 

It's funny like. Mates Dad in his 80s has every comorbidities going. Got a mild cough, tester positive, but he's absolutely fine. Its the randomness that I find hard to cope with. 

18 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah, we're making do with wedging doors open with catalogues to minimise this. But shared toilets, kitchen area, taps, fridge etc too. At least there is plenty of hand sanitizer now. I just wash or sanitise my hands about 50 times a day. 

Oh aye, one of the lasses in the office has a permanent chronic cough.  I mentioned at the time she fell acutely ill a few weeks back (very high fever, lungs fucked) , but tested negative. But all I hear all day long is her coughing and sputtering behind me! If she got a false negative result there is no way I haven't had it either. 

It's funny like. Mates Dad in his 80s has every comorbidities going. Got a mild cough, tester positive, but he's absolutely fine. Its the randomness that I find hard to cope with. 

I saw this the other day and thought of you. Wasn’t sure whether to post it so THINK before you view.

Its an ONS link that shows you deaths by local ward.

Some people are naturally, looking at the news every day and over playing in their heads how bad it is causing a lot of needless anxiety. They forget that for 99% of people, this is survivable. (I include myself in this group).

Anyway here it is, but don’t click if it will make you worse.

https://t.co/gtcB6Fk5fN

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

I saw this the other day and thought of you. Wasn’t sure whether to post it so THINK before you view.

Its an ONS link that shows you deaths by local ward.

Some people are naturally, looking at the news every day and over playing in their heads how bad it is causing a lot of needless anxiety. They forget that for 99% of people, this is survivable. (I include myself in this group).

Anyway here it is, but don’t click if it will make you worse.

https://t.co/gtcB6Fk5fN

Naah, I admit I was a bit panicked a few weeks back but I've rationalised the risk now, am in a routine, and not anxious any more, just sensible, thanks. Fucking hate the routine mind. There's only been one death in my council ward and actually North Tyneside is very low risk in general, I never leave the area. Probably more worried about the long term economic effects and my personal finances now. Spent a lot of money at the wrong time! 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Naah, I admit I was a bit panicked a few weeks back but I've rationalised the risk now, am in a routine, and not anxious any more, just sensible, thanks. Fucking hate the routine mind. There's only been one death in my council ward and actually North Tyneside is very low risk in general, I never leave the area. Probably more worried about the long term economic effects and my personal finances now. Spent a lot of money at the wrong time! 

Yeah, I’m pretty much worried about the same stuff, however I’m also trying to get even slimmer, just in case.

Im just praying they let us start driving out for a bit of empty countryside. 

Some wife I've never seen was putting these up in the street today...Tory boy recruitment consultant across the road has already been across saying he thinks it's an absolutely fuckin wizard idea :glare:

Tbf, I do feel slightly patriotic about VE day, it means far more than any of the bullshit to do with the Royals, I just object to being forced to spend time with a plethora of Tory cunts..

IMG_20200504_164157~2.jpg

Fuck them, then. 

11am. 2 minutes silence on your back door step. 

3pm. Back scuttle the Mrs. whilst shouting “ “If one has to submit, it is wasteful not to do so with the best grace possible.”

4pm. Beer and pies

6pm. More Beer and Pies. Probably naked by now. 

9pm. Set up the decks and treat the street to some banging Blue Monkey mixes. 

:good:

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Some wife I've never seen was putting these up in the street today...Tory boy recruitment consultant across the road has already been across saying he thinks it's an absolutely fuckin wizard idea :glare:

Tbf, I do feel slightly patriotic about VE day, it means far more than any of the bullshit to do with the Royals, I just object to being forced to spend time with a plethora of Tory cunts..

IMG_20200504_164157~2.jpg

I can't actually believe that's real and not some kind of spoof.