Coronavirus

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great news lads the son in laws ex wife is home. It looks like she's going to be ok it's really brought it home how bad this is. Hopefully things can get back to some kind of normality in a couple of

My old man has days, at the most, left.    Good luck to anyone trying to stop me seeing him.    It’ll be The Rule Of Five.…   Five Knuckles.…       I’ll hit th

Probably standing in the empty Nightingale hospitals (which we can’t use without staff btw - good luck finding more nurses)   None of us have been routinely tested. Only eligible if we have

Posted Images

Fucking bone idle teachers fancying even more holidays I reckon.

Just had an email from our Trust saying not to ever self isolate if directed to by the NHS app, and in fact turn the app off completely work. Clearly getting staff into work takes precedence over their safety like. An outbreak here would not surprise me. 

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

Fucking bone idle teachers fancying even more holidays I reckon.

Just had an email from our Trust saying not to ever self isolate if directed to by the NHS app, and in fact turn the app off completely work. Clearly getting staff into work takes precedence over their safety like. An outbreak here would not surprise me. 

It's not an NHS app though is it, it's Dildo Harding's baby (Serco) isn't it

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

You need to consider psychological welfare as well. I hate agreeing with Trump but he's right in saying children, younger ones anyway, have little to fear from this virus.

Is that really true though, no-one knows yet what potential effect on young'uns is

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He can fuck off, if I can still go to the pub (which I don't) I will visit my son and D-in-law (live 5 minutes walk round the corner) he's working from home, she's a veterinary nurse and is fully PPE'd when at work (and doesn't use public transport)

People seem to be behaving in a less cautious manner than they were before the tighter restrictions were brought in up here so I can see this going down like a wet fart. Amongst the ever diminishing number of people even trying to follow whatever the fuck the restrictions are anyway 

Edited by Alex
1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

Isn't this just how it was already anyway, just framed as a law rather than as guidance? Either way, I expect it to be observed and enforced about as rigorously as it has been so far :lol: 

You go to the pub to meet your mates. We may as well just shut the pubs now as ANS says. I do think it will be enforced mind. Don't know if its true but I've heard that on 5% of infections have been linked to hospitality,.so it will do squat all. Yes Gemmill, schools and universities are the major spreaders, along with work. 

Public health officials have upped the city’s Covid-19 alert system to the highest possible level, amid a continuing spike in cases.

City council bosses say that they are now in ‘red plus’ mode, with Newcastle now having one of the highest infection rates in the country.

7 hours ago, Gemmill said:

8,000 pupils and 350 teachers self isolating in Liverpool alone. 

Keeping schools open isn't working lads. 

The bairn started secondary school a couple of weeks ago. Within 3 days we were notified that 3 6th formers had tested positive and the whole of 6th form had to isolate whilst they waited on guidance from PHE which they couldn’t get because it was the weekend. A few days later one of the kids in J’s year tested positive. The guidance was for kids that had been in his immediate contact to isolate for 2 weeks but the rest of the year could come in. Siblings of the isolating kids were still instructed to come in as normal. It’s a shitshow. 

Icing on the cake was when the bairn came back from his dad with symptoms. I was pretty convinced it was a heavy cold but also shitting myself. I also had to break the news that his/our lovely cat had died over that weekend and spent the next couple of hours consoling him while he covered me in tears and snot while I literally held my breath as much as possible. Ended up getting him a test through work which was negative. My second thought, after the relief, was the thought that if I ended up catching the fucking thing via school after intubating Covid-+ve patients for 6 months then I’d be raging. 

• Like 6

The workplace issue has been so badly handled. People perfectly capable of working from home being more or less bullied into going back with the government suggesting people could lose their jobs if they didn’t. It’s absolutely obvious spending c. 40 hours a week with people without PPE, sharing toilets, kitchens and other communal areas and so on was bound to lead to more infections. You can see the argument for schools reopening whether you agree with it or not but why people who could work from home were being encouraged not to is just another example of gross negligence. Universities too. It’s shite for students if they miss out on the social side but at the same time, it’s not like loafing about and partying whilst doing a pointless degree (which, if we’re being honest applies to fucking loads of them) is a necessity or the human right it’s almost being made out to be. It’s having an impact on a lot of middle class white kids though so it’s the end of the world. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Carl said:

What else can schools do though if they aren't allowed to shut ? 

I’m absolutely not school-bashing - they’re doing absolutely everything they can. Positive cases are inevitable and we just have to accept that. The alternative of going back to home-schooling would genuinely tip me over the edge and I’ve got a child who would get himself up in the morning and crack on with schoolwork without being hassled. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, NJS said:

They started the go back to work thing when 1. They thought it was beaten and 2. Property based donors arses started to twitch. They really are incompetent, callous scum. 

They started when there was still 1k-2k per week still getting infected. Spain, France & Germany were in the low hundreds .