Jump to content

Players Who Are Worse Than Joelinton?


Recommended Posts

On 21/12/2020 at 21:50, Monkeys Fist said:

If you look up his hometown on Wikipedia, apart from the dodgy name, he’s not even listed in the “people of note” section. 
population : 3436
:lol:

When you look up his house you get the same result.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Diana Ross

COVID passes from person to person easily. 

Harsh  

On 07/01/2021 at 13:34, canofbeans said:

strengths: haircut

weaknesses: vision, Hold up Play, passing, first touch, shooting, mobility, spatial awareness.

 

worth £40m? not quite. 

Apart from those weaknesses he is a hell of a player. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/01/2021 at 15:13, The Fish said:

 

Would you feel the same if he'd cost £40m?

Well yes because Joelinton has had the benefit of the doubt from me for a long time.  I'd been told since before he played for us that he wasn't a striker and it was painfully obvious he was being played out of position.  I also knew Bruce was fucking useless before he arrived and again that's been painfully obvious.  So I've been prepared to stand up for Joelinton but he's now not being used so much as a striker and he still looks hopelessly average at best.  I'm still holding back a little bit because Bruce has clearly fucked his confidence, but he's showing so little it's hard to believe he'll ever turn out to be a premiership standard footballer.

So on that basis I think I would have given Lewis time regardless of what he cost also.  He's been very disapointing so far though.  Mind I thought he looked very promising on his debut against West Ham so there's potentially a player there once he's deprogrammed from Bruce.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

Well yes because Joelinton has had the benefit of the doubt from me for a long time.  I'd been told since before he played for us that he wasn't a striker and it was painfully obvious he was being played out of position.  I also knew Bruce was fucking useless before he arrived and again that's been painfully obvious.  So I've been prepared to stand up for Joelinton but he's now not being used so much as a striker and he still looks hopelessly average at best.  I'm still holding back a little bit because Bruce has clearly fucked his confidence, but he's showing so little it's hard to believe he'll ever turn out to be a premiership standard footballer.

So on that basis I think I would have given Lewis time regardless of what he cost also.  He's been very disapointing so far though.  Mind I thought he looked very promising on his debut against West Ham so there's potentially a player there once he's deprogrammed from Bruce.

Lewis likes to get close to his man if it’s well up the pitch.Unfortunately when danger is coming our way he quickly( cowardly) tucks in next to the central defenders where he’s weak as piss.This also gives the opposition the option of playing it wide to the player he should be marking .He can never get across to stop the centre coming in,which I believe is his plan.A lot of cowardice needs to be eradicated from his game and pretty quickly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

On the topic of Fumaca, there's a funny article on thefalsenine, my favourite quote being: "Aside from a 4-1 FA Cup Fourth Round victory over Sheffield United - in which the Brazilian ran in the opposite direction of the ball for the sum total of four minutes"

 

big Joe has his issues but at least it's not that bad. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gman said:

On the topic of Fumaca, there's a funny article on thefalsenine, my favourite quote being: "Aside from a 4-1 FA Cup Fourth Round victory over Sheffield United - in which the Brazilian ran in the opposite direction of the ball for the sum total of four minutes"

 

big Joe has his issues but at least it's not that bad. 

Big Joe would still be working out which was the opposite direction!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that was the match when Shearer was shouting to the bench something like “get him off! He’s shite” about two minutes after Fumaca came on as sub 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alex said:

I think that was the match when Shearer was shouting to the bench something like “get him off! He’s shite” about two minutes after Fumaca came on as sub 

 

You've got to be questioning what they were watching in training to even put him on the bench. I was playing Under 10s football at the time and I reckon I'd have been a better shout.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/01/2021 at 01:23, essembeeofsunderland said:

He needs to work on all aspects of his game you could say.

 

That's a bit excessive to be honest, it's only in the final three thirds where he needs to improve.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 08/01/2021 at 13:58, The Fish said:

 

The consensus appears to be that Joelinton is written off. I think that's harsh given he's only been in the country for, what, 18 months? And he's played his entire Newcastle career under the tutelage of a sentient compost heap.

A bit late with the reply but wasn’t there one of them on Fraggle Rock? To be honest, I’d take her, Sprocket or (for that matter) Fulton McKay, over Bruce at the minute 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...