Players Who Are Worse Than Joelinton?

Ugly Mackems

22 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Milton Nunez was special. 

Looks like he was still playing last year, at the tender age of 47. Played a Honduras second division match in the same team as his son, even. :lol: 

• Haha 1

Btw, Fumaca has to be about the most out of his depth player I’ve seen here, albeit briefly. But, like some others have said, we’ve had worse players in the last couple of seasons. And Shelvey’s about  as effective as Joe 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kitman said:

Stephane Guivarche sticks in my memory because he came to us as a world cup winning striker. I think we might have finished his career because I never heard about him after he left

I never heard about him during his time with us either tbf

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Alex said:

He went to Rangers then I think he went back to France and did quite well. He even looked shit at the World Cup though 

I don’t know why but I thought he would be mint for us. Back in the day when I used to get excited about transfers...and back in the day when there were transfers :lol:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, sammynb said:

What was the name of the South American Dennis Wise signed for us because it would be good for the club's future?

There have been some right dodgy dealings in Ashley's time.

Nacho González. We were supposed to be getting first dibs on a load of top South Americans if we signed him. Tbh, I could see it being a dodgy deal by Wise but, equally, I could see Wise being stupid enough to be conned by his agent

So pound for pound Joelinton is obviously worse than Owen but I'd say Owen was a worse player for us.

There are at least moment where big Joel looks like he is trying, Owen did not give a fuck and made it obvious how much he didn't want to be here.

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

I could see Wise being stupid enough to be conned by his agent

There must have been someone else at the club smart enough to see the ruse?!??

4 hours ago, Alex said:

He went to Rangers then I think he went back to France and did quite well. He even looked shit at the World Cup though 

me and a mate went over to france in 98 for a few weeks on our motorbikes, did a bit of a whirlwind tour, soaking up the atmosphere amongst supporters, mostly in cities england weren't playing in!

anyway.....

wandering our way back up the country from the south coast we stopped in auxerre and i had a fruit de mer pizza from a little takeaway place by the canal  in the old part of town. apart from being the best pizza I've ever eaten (far superior to any ive ever had in italy) the bloke in the pizzeria had a team poster of auxerre on his wall and we were chatting (in english!) about guivarc'h and his imminent move to newcastle. he rated him very, very highly.

mind you, auxerre was absoluyely stunning. I reckon if I lived there I'd be very happy with me lot, even really, really shit footballers!   :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

me and a mate went over to france in 98 for a few weeks on our motorbikes, did a bit of a whirlwind tour, soaking up the atmosphere amongst supporters, mostly in cities england weren't playing in!

anyway.....

wandering our way back up the country from the south coast we stopped in auxerre and i had a fruit de mer pizza from a little takeaway place by the canal  in the old part of town. apart from being the best pizza I've ever eaten (far superior to any ive ever had in italy) the bloke in the pizzeria had a team poster of auxerre on his wall and we were chatting (in english!) about guivarc'h and his imminent move to newcastle. he rated him very, very highly.

mind you, auxerre was absoluyely stunning. I reckon if I lived there I'd be very happy with me lot, even really, really shit footballers!   :)

That makes two places I’ve never bothered with because I thought their name sounded a bit “meh” turn out to be amazing. 
The other one being Utrecht.