The new manager thread

Polarboy

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I don't know much about him but he demands hard work. Fell out with Neymar and Ozil so it'll be interesting to see what he makes of ASM.

He is very tacticall. 

I believe he tried to play here 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1

His real problem is when he plays against top teams.

4 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

He is very tacticall. 

I believe he tried to play here 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1

His real problem is when he plays against top teams.

Do you think he's a good choice to pull us out of relegation?

1 minute ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

We can worry about that when we're fighting them for the CL places. 

Absolutelly. 

With Valencia he was three consecutive years ending in fourth position. but is was 2009-2012. He was in Valencia players like Villa, Joaquin, Mata or Silva. Atletico was inn the middle of the table and Sevilla and Villarreal far.

With Sevilla, in 3 and a half years, He wasn't able to finish in Top4 never. Yes... He was 3 European League, but it was his fault. 

And with Villarreal, last year he won EL, but ended 7º. Obviously, last games were very dificult because the team were thinking in winning Europe League.

He have won 2 times Barcelona (27 matches), 3 Atletico (26 matches) and 5 Real Madrid (25 matches). 

I'm just going to put it out there, I'm happier with Emery than if we'd appointed Rafa. While I would have given anything to bring him back a year ago, I would prefer not to go back now. Rafa likes his teams to sit very deep, and I think I've had my fill of it after the last few years. 

I know Emery is not exactly a swashbuckling type, but it will be interesting to see some new ideas. 

• Like 3

I had a quick look on an Arsenal forum and there's no dislike for Emery. They seem to think he's a decent manager who'll keep us safe no problem. There was talk that his English wasn't brilliant and caused some communication issues with the players.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I had a quick look on an Arsenal forum and there's no dislike for Emery. They seem to think he's a decent manager who'll keep us safe no problem. There was talk that his English wasn't brilliant and caused some communication issues with the players.

They'll understand him better than Bruce who's mouth was always full of food.

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread