a ticket thread....

thebrokendoll

34 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

....reet!

For those purchasing home tickets and using multiple devices. 

You might get locked out the system if the system detects you are signed in on the same account on different devices. That's why it locked me out of the Chelsea sale. I got 8 in the basket and it wouldn't let me pay with either mine or my old man's debit and credit cards. It still doesn't allow me to buy a palace cup ticket - just declines the payment 

Box office suggested I come in and do a chip n pin purchase or it will reset itself in 30 days. 

So, be careful if using a few different devises. 

I think it's just CT using different devices but on different accounts. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

club's just put the dates up for the sale of home tickets v leeds and fulham.

*leeds this thursday at 10am.

*note the 2 day warning CT, no underhand tactics from us honourable cheltenham blokes.

Cheers for that :lol: 

I was all geared up for cup tickets on Friday so would definitely have missed this 👍

5 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

club's just put the dates up for the sale of home tickets v leeds and fulham.

*leeds this thursday at 10am.

*note the 2 day warning CT, no underhand tactics from us honourable cheltenham blokes.

CT's house on Thursday.....

orbm3jhuare71.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

• Haha 7

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

What is the incredible thought process behind giving season ticket holders first dibs on the remaining match tickets? 

They get first shout for cup games to keep their seats. Equal dibs for league games. 

On 17/10/2022 at 10:31, Ugly Mackems said:

....reet!

For those purchasing home tickets and using multiple devices. 

You might get locked out the system if the system detects you are signed in on the same account on different devices. That's why it locked me out of the Chelsea sale. I got 8 in the basket and it wouldn't let me pay with either mine or my old man's debit and credit cards. It still doesn't allow me to buy a palace cup ticket - just declines the payment 

Box office suggested I come in and do a chip n pin purchase or it will reset itself in 30 days. 

So, be careful if using a few different devises. 

just dragging up um's old post here as I was talking to the lad I'm linked with down here to see if he intended going to the leeds game. he mentioned the multiple device thing as he'd read somewhere that club were aware the system was being abused and had received numerous complaints. I've not heard anything like that meself (other than um's post) but then I'm not a twitterer or facebooker!

seems the queue-it system can detect this as well using different servers, ip detection...

https://queue-it.com/developers/bots-abuse-management/

all a bit meaningless to me this internet technical stuff, so at the risk of looking stupidly foolish if you had your laptop on connected to your home Internet provider, a mobile device (wifi switched off) on ee and a mobile device as above but on vodafone would you still he detected as being logged in to the nufc site 3 times?

asking for a friend!   :)

23 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

They get first shout for cup games to keep their seats. Equal dibs for league games. 

i don't think so. ST holder get first dibs on league tickets before they go to general punters 

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

just dragging up um's old post here as I was talking to the lad I'm linked with down here to see if he intended going to the leeds game. he mentioned the multiple device thing as he'd read somewhere that club were aware the system was being abused and had received numerous complaints. I've not heard anything like that meself (other than um's post) but then I'm not a twitterer or facebooker!

seems the queue-it system can detect this as well using different servers, ip detection...

all a bit meaningless to me this internet technical stuff, so at the risk of looking stupidly foolish if you had your laptop on connected to your home Internet provider, a mobile device (wifi switched off) on ee and a mobile device as above but on vodafone would you still he detected as being logged in to the nufc site 3 times?

I’m certainly going to keep doing it this way. Within a minute you know which device has the best queue position and just turn all other devices off.

If I’m sulking tomorrow, you know why :lol: 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

i don't think so. ST holder get first dibs on league tickets before they go to general punters 

ST get first dibs on cup tickets, for league games they get equal dibs with members, (they're members too). General sale is very limited availability. 

21 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

ST get first dibs on cup tickets, for league games they get equal dibs with members, (they're members too). General sale is very limited availability. 

ah right, got it. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

Pretty sure that if they're all logged into the same account that is trying to buy a ticket, that's all that she wrote. Doesn't matter if they're different devices, providers, Hell it wouldn't matter if you gave your details to a mate in Nantucket, it's the account that's the unique variable they're looking for. If there are multiple instances of that account logged in and active, it'll flag as a problem. 

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Pretty sure that if they're all logged into the same account that is trying to buy a ticket, that's all that she wrote. Doesn't matter if they're different devices, providers, Hell it wouldn't matter if you gave your details to a mate in Nantucket, it's the account that's the unique variable they're looking for. If there are multiple instances of that account logged in and active, it'll flag as a problem. 

which you'd have to say is probably fair enough, but then as we discussed, my mate is logged in on side of town, me on the other, both with the same goal of being as high up in the queue as possible to secure two tickets sat together or as close as possible and we communicate via text as to who is in the best position at 10am and proceed from there.

in another scenario, my mate is unable to get internet access at 10am so to get the same opportunity of getting 2 tickets together i use 2 devices, is it not effectively the same scenario as above? except of course one method might find you locked out of getting the 2 tickets for 2 members, the other wouldn't.

merely playing devils advocate here!

If they do a multi-factor check - account, IP gateway plus the MAC address of the device, they can theoretically restrict it so that only one device can log on using an account from a single location. 

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

5 and daughters laptop went straight in to buy, no queue number. Next best was 1600’ish.

Did you get sorted?

aye, got 2 sat together in l4 leazes, 1336 in the queue, so happy with that in the end.

checked in on the availabity for away tickets, leicester is down to the last 140 or so, arsenal is sold out other than wheelchair users.

not so bothered about leicester on boxing day but was really hoping to get to arsenal, irons in the fire are stone cold at the minute, but you never know, you live in hope....   :)

• Like 1

No ticket this time, was busy at work, got on at 10.40, 5 min wait, very limited choice and every seat I picked it just kind of froze and then eventually put me back in the queue! Got on again and the same thing happened. I'd blame the internet but everything else is working. First game this season I've not got a ticket when I've tried to buy one. 

• Sad 1