a ticket thread....

thebrokendoll

Anyone know what the allocation is? Less than the number of STs, obviously. I haven't been to a cup game but was canny enough to buy tickets for them for friends and relatives so fingers crossed. 

Edited by Renton

Even as a season ticket holder, I doubt I can buy tickets - I'm absolutely staggered by the complete inability to earn loyalty points.

Even 15 years held with a 10 year deal and not a single loyalty point on the website !

43 minutes ago, Renton said:

Anyone know what the allocation is? Less than the number of STs, obviously. I haven't been to a cup game but was canny enough to buy tickets for them for friends and relatives so fingers crossed. 

The allocation will be about 33,000

2 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

probably jumping the gun a bit here but if you're feeling confident but also concerned about getting a final ticket you can always join club wembley, prices starting from a mere two and a half grand!  :lol:

https://www.clubwembley.com/membership/inner-circle

enough of this  - get the bastard fulham thread started man 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

enough of this  - get the bastard fulham thread started man 

I've re-read the first page of the last fucker I started.... I'm not sure my young shoulders and sensitive personality can handle the vitriolic abuse and slanderous comments about me shift key again!

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I've re-read the first page of the last fucker I started.... I'm not sure my young shoulders and sensitive personality can handle the vitriolic abuse and slanderous comments about me shift key again!

You've ignored the abuse for years. 🙂 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Can anyone get me a couple of tickets for St Marys in Semi? 

I Hope Please GIF

Trying also, it's only 30 minutes down the road from me.

47 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

YOU HAVE TO DO IT!

• Haha 3

@PaddockLad

you managed to get a ticket for the bournemouth game?

appears there's only 260 left, probably won't make the point drop from 200 on monday.

crazy, crazy times.

was talking to me brother about this on the phone yesterday, his lad is 20 and is on about 30 points, accumulated mostly during the ashley era. loves the away game day out with his mates but is obviously gonna struggle more for tickets. think by the time I was about his age I'd been to well over half the grounds in the country. if things progress with the club the way you'd like to think they could over the next 5 years it could well be that kids who are 20 at that time will be very lucky to ever get a look in for an away ticket or at least nowhere near the access to matches I did at that age.

quite sad really.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

@PaddockLad

appears there's only 260 left, probably won't make the point drop from 200 on monday.

crazy, crazy times.

was talking to me brother about this on the phone yesterday, his lad is 20 and is on about 30 points, accumulated mostly during the ashley era. loves the away game day out with his mates but is obviously gonna struggle more for tickets. think by the time I was about his age I'd been to well over half the grounds in the country. if things progress with the club the way you'd like to think they could over the next 5 years it could well be that kids who are 20 at that time will be very lucky to ever get a look in for an away ticket or at least nowhere near the access to matches I did at that age.

quite sad really.

I've been thinking this for ages. A few of the twitter supafans are very happy to do with the next generation what the 'big 6' were perceived to do with everyone else and have a glass ceiling. 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

@PaddockLad

crazy, crazy times.

quite sad really.

Yeah I’ve got mine, hopefully they’ve taken the full 2k allocation . Looks like it won’t go below 100 points for a game most can’t get back home from on the same day :huh:

In the medium term the points system will only work for those who have been willing to put up with massive amounts of fuckin shit over the years (🙋🏻‍♂️) Those who made a principled stand after years of loyalty have suffered the most and kids can’t get started. I wouldn’t know where to start sorting it out tbh. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I've been thinking this for ages. A few of the twitter supafans are very happy to do with the next generation what the 'big 6' were perceived to do with everyone else and have a glass ceiling. 

pleased I don't go on there mate, but I can imagine.  :(

40 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah I’ve got mine, hopefully they’ve taken the full 2k allocation . Looks like it won’t go below 100 points for a game most can’t get back home from on the same day :huh:

In the medium term the points system will only work for those who have been willing to put up with massive amounts of fuckin shit over the years (🙋🏻‍♂️) Those who made a principled stand after years of loyalty have suffered the most and kids can’t get started. I wouldn’t know where to start sorting it out tbh. 

I mean there always been a rule of the thumb that spares will find their way in to the right hands if you look hard enough, but even that might come to an end if they started personalising tickets and id'ing people. sure its been trialled/rumoured elsewhere?

not sure what the answer is either to be honest, I'm sure folk could state a reasonably valid argument from every stand point, however there's no doubt the current system is massively flawed, especially from the perspective of the younger generation more so than for people like me, I and others like me at least had the opportunity.

I'd say there's a reasonable shout to reserve a percentage of the away allocation to a ballot for those with no or low points to at least get the chance of climbing the ladder?

and for home tickets I'd make the first batch for sale went to members only, I see no sense in giving season ticket holders an opportunity to buy an extra seat other than when they go on general online sale. the speed at which the west ham tickets sold out the other day suggests members are gonna start missing out to non members who are having tickets bought for them by others, what's the fucking point of forking out the £30? when I had my season ticket I was happy enough I'd just secured me own seat where I liked to sit!

what it probably needs is some intervention by a forward thinking fans group, shame what we have instead is a worse than useless n.u.s.t. full of self serving cunts from truefaith who are more interested in preserving their supafan status hmhm alludes to above.

bit shit really.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

not me mate, I've not got a single, solitary point. it's like I've never been to a match before!  :lol:

I know plenty who have though so it'll be a visit to the gunners pre match tomorrow's to see if I can weave some of my begging magic. fingers crossed.  :)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

not me mate, I've not got a single, solitary point. it's like I've never been to a match before!  :lol:

I know plenty who have though so it'll be a visit to the gunners pre match tomorrow's to see if I can weave some of my begging magic. fingers crossed.  :)

You’ll be ok mate, am thinking it’s going to be a right fuck on at 100 points though, must be wanting to sell out in an hour and get them sent out 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

You’ll be ok mate, am thinking it’s going to be a right fuck on at 100 points though, must be wanting to sell out in an hour and get them sent out 🤷🏻‍♂️

aye, I reckon you're right, you should probably get yourself to ct's house and get on his super rig!

bear me in mind if you hear of a spare from your end.....

the more irons in the fire the better!  :)