Eddie Howe’s sell out trippy mags vs Cambridge’s daft punt boat nonces

Tom

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

We are down with the current crop of players. That’s pretty obvious.

Add another 4-5 who instantly improve tne first team, like trippier, then who knows? 

Imo we need 5 at the minimum. 

Trippier, Botman, and Carlos is a very good start but it doesn’t change the fact we can’t get a hold on any fucking game or pass the ball well. We desperately need a striker with Wilson out and we are screaming out for a creative CM. Obviously we need more but I think that’s the minimum now to stay up, we just create fucking nothing and end up relying on either our full backs or ASM to figure something out. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

there isn't a hope in hell that the strikers currently on our books would score enough goals to get us out the championship let alone keep us in this league.

Joelinton 7 league goals in 3 seasons man, Wilson 18 in two, Gayle 34 in five ffs-23 of those being in a  Championship season, Saint-Maximin (is he a ‘striker’?) 10 in three seasons.

I mean what the actual fuck?

I think the size of the rebuild job has probably taken the owners by surprise. We literally can't defend, have no creativity in midfield and zero options up front. 

Joelinton, Wilson, ASM worth keeping. After that you've got the likes of Lewis, Almiron, Willock etc who have a player in them somewhere but are absolutely bereft of confidence. The rest of the squad is championship fodder 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I think the size of the rebuild job has probably taken the owners by surprise. We literally can't defend, have no creativity in midfield and zero options up front. 

Joelinton, Wilson, ASM worth keeping. After that you've got the likes of Lewis, Almiron, Willock etc who have a player in them somewhere but are absolutely bereft of confidence. The rest of the squad is championship fodder 

aye.

:(

19 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Would ASM be better with better players around him? Who knows. 

Would he pass to better players.To be fair to the lad,he was put up front to make things happen.Unfortunately,he found himself on more occasions than not,higher up the field than normal,but not quite in the central strikers position,which didn’t allow him to get himself in on goal.

10 minutes ago, 247 said:

ASM, Shelvey, Manquillo, Dubravka all went straight down the tunnel. 

I'm properly at the end of my tether with ASM. If we had someone capable of just putting a decent ball in, and nothing else, I'd take that over all of his "trickery". 

I know he's "the best player at the club" cos he's the only one who can create anything, but as soon as we work our way around to looking at options for his position, he should be out the team and eventually the club. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 2

Eddie Howe: “I thought we played OK. And that may get me a few funny looks, but we created a number of opportunities, the attitude, feeling and body language was good. The longer we went without a goal affected us.” #nufc

• Like 1

I’ve got a bit of time for him on the basis we’ve had fuck all else in terms of someone who can beat a man / create something out of nothing. But the fact he fell over himself to praise the laziest fucking manager in the game speaks volumes imo. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

We had 23 shots, 9 on target. Yeah we didn't play well but for me it feels like if we had a striker playing we would have scored one or two just from those stats. Let's not overreact.

Complacency probably was a factor too. Watford won't be the same, we haven't played this badly against other teams.

We do urgently need a striker though.

• Like 3