Howe's Peace Loving Mags v Potter's Wand Waving Wankers

wykikitoon

The goals were pretty, everything else was anything but. 

Fraser, Schar and the rest of our defense MOTM. Our midfield made a rod for their backs not valuing possession enough but somehow another three points showing the value of some confidence and a winning mentality.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Schar was a beast at the back and got the winner too. Get that contract sorted. 

Burn as well. Shrewd transfers in the winter and good that Howe has the balls to drop the captain.

1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

Footballing masterclass from Brighton. But another three points, so I will be happy.

Agreed, but except for one moment from a set piece our defense always had an answer. And that was not a defender who lost their man on that set piece.

Special mention to Krafth who had a very solid game, one of his best for us.

• Like 2

Huge set of results today. When Howe took over I firmly believed we had a decent chance of staying up - the time he had to work with the players and the potential to bring people in during the January window being key. Along with not being adrift even though we hadn’t won a game. But I thought it would be very tough and, if we were to eventually be safe, it would go down to the wire. There’s still work to do and we got away with one today (although I think Howe had very little luck in those early games). But what a fucking transformation, man. Already more than a point per game for the season and 7 (SEVEN!) points clear of the bottom three. And with only Everton, of teams below us, having games in hand. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 13

Howe has hinted that this formation and midfield combination is not where he wanted to land, this performance and the quick turn around gives him an opportunity to change it. If we're lucky enough to be in a position to be a little upset after a win this match is just that.

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Huge set of results today. When Howe took over I firmly believed we had a decent chance of staying up - the time he had to work with the players and the potential to bring people in firing the January window being key.Alobg with not being adrift even though we hadn’t won a game. But I thought it would be very tough and, if we were to eventually be safe, it would go down to the wire. There’s still work to do and we got away with one today (although I think Howe had very little luck in those early games). But what a fucking transformation, man. Already more than a point per game for the season and 7 SEVEN points clear of the bottom three. And with only Everton of teams below us having games in hand. 

It's unbelievable the turn around, the stuff of dreams really after such a hope sapping period prior.

• Like 3

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

We made hard work of that. ASM did my box in when he came on.

:lol:

Just fucking zero awareness or thought for the game situation.

"I WANT TO DRIBBLE AND THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT!" 

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Huge set of results today. When Howe took over I firmly believed we had a decent chance of staying up - the time he had to work with the players and the potential to bring people in during the January window being key. Along with not being adrift even though we hadn’t won a game. But I thought it would be very tough and, if we were to eventually be safe, it would go down to the wire. There’s still work to do and we got away with one today (although I think Howe had very little luck in those early games). But what a fucking transformation, man. Already more than a point per game for the season and 7 (SEVEN!) points clear of the bottom three. And with only Everton, of teams below us, having games in hand. 

It couldn't have been explained better. 👏

He is so underrated and I'm very happy with this. Even though he doesn't deserve it..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

We made hard work of that. ASM did my box in when he came on.

You'd think he was the perfect player to be in the position he was 3 or 4 times, but time and time again after a good initial move it was a poor decision.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

I do totally agree. It does also prove how much a manager can change the fortunes and do things his way right from the start. We could have easily picked up more but fir stupidity against Brentford, Norwich and Watford at home.

I did really like how BHA were playing today and I think it is actually something Howe wants to achieve as well. 
The next month will be tough but any point from those matches will be a bonus.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Howe didn’t seem impressed with Bruno for fucking about in the box at the death, mind. Bruno went over for a bit of congratulations and got a right bollocking :lol: 

Good. :lol:

At first I didn't think the ref had given a foul. 

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Howe didn’t seem impressed with Bruno for fucking about in the box at the death, mind. Bruno went over for a bit of congratulations and got a right bollocking :lol: 

Some nerve cutting back towards the goal deep in your box in injury time whilst a goal up.

It wasn't initially clear that the free kick had been called either, which made for a very nervous moment.

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Howe doesnt seem bothered with ASM fucking about like.

It's a bit different if you do it in your own box though. But fair play to Brüno he is probably overly eager to get into the team.

• Like 1

ASM will need to be managed in a particular way tbf. I trust Howe on that over the long term.

As for the rest, great result. It says a lot about how difficult it is to climb from a bad start that we've taken 16 points from 6 games and are still not caught up to mid table. But that's actually a testament to the incredible work that has been done here - we needed to be incredibly strong to pull out of it, and we have been. Just superb.

• Like 2