Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

I thought it was a class window at the time. Tonali hasnt really added anything new to our midfield, Barnes has flattered to deceive and Tino/Hall have barely had a kick.

Aye it's easy being captain hindsight, but that's £150mil worth of players. Surely no one would argue that 3 from Maddison, Diaby, Szoboslai, Joao Pedro and Edson Alvarez would have brought more to our starting XI?

• Like 1

I think that after the first few minutes of the Villa game we all thought Tonali was an inspired signing. As was Barnes later. 

How many of those you named actually were prepared to sign for us? 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I thought it was a class window at the time. Tonali hasnt really added anything new to our midfield, Barnes has flattered to deceive and Tino/Hall have barely had a kick.

Aye it's easy being captain hindsight, but that's £150mil worth of players. Surely no one would argue that 3 from Maddison, Diaby, Szoboslai, Joao Pedro and Edson Alvarez would have brought more to our starting XI?

Maddison didn't want to come here once Spurs came calling, Szoboslai only had eyes for Liverpool, Joao Pedro had been tied up by Brighton for a while, I believe.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Maddison didn't want to come here once Spurs came calling, Szoboslai only had eyes for Liverpool, Joao Pedro had been tied up by Brighton for a while, I believe.

Exactly 

Diaby though, we were definitely linked with him - Alvarez too. Would they have improved is more?

Don’t ask me, I don’t give a shit because I’m going to see us play in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

I think that after the first few minutes of the Villa game we all thought Tonali was an inspired signing. As was Barnes later. 

How many of those you named actually were prepared to sign for us? 

Who knows, but we were heavily linked with all of them. 

8 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Weren’t you the one vehemently backing Anthony Gordon early in the season? 

It took him about 6 months to look like a decent player here.

19 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Weren’t you the one vehemently backing Anthony Gordon early in the season? 

It took him about 6 months to look like a decent player here.

Yes. So put some respect on my footballing opinions please 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

don't give a fuck because i'm going to the BASTARD DORTMUND GAME

:lol:

Excellent news. :good:

On a similar note I saw two yanks on YouTube videoing themselves in Newcastle for the PSG game, including being in the stands, one claimed to be a PSG fan but he didn't look too arsed when the goals were going in. It's always going to happen blah, blah but honestly, fuck that part of NUFC tbh. Proper dead to me that part, if they ever need fans again they don't want to look in my direction. Obviously doesn't mean I'm not a fan anymore, I'll still celebrate when we score, still swear my head off and shout at refs and var watching on the TV but let's hope they get some decent coin from the new sponsors and new fans because they'll not get another penny from me. 

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol:

Excellent news. :good:

On a similar note I saw two yanks on YouTube videoing themselves in Newcastle for the PSG game, including being in the stands, one claimed to be a PSG fan but he didn't look too arsed when the goals were going in. It's always going to happen blah, blah but honestly, fuck that part of NUFC tbh. Proper dead to me that part, if they ever need fans again they don't want to look in my direction. Obviously doesn't mean I'm not a fan anymore, I'll still celebrate when we score, still swear my head off and shout at refs and var watching on the TV but let's hope they get some decent coin from the new sponsors and new fans because they'll not get another penny from me. 

All hope is not lost - all you’ve got to do these days is spend £200 on a tout site or spend several hours hitting refresh on the resale site for a single ticket 🤪

8 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

I want Kalvin Phillips on loan in January to get the Tonali seat. 

With a buying option.

he’d be a good fit.

would you take KP or Neves? 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season