Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

i hope we can all just enjoy the ride. have to say i was proud again to watch our away end signing songs about europe at the end of the brighton game despite the result and performance. other fans may have have given them stick or left early but ours all stayed on to applaud them and sing. the players must be inspired by that rather than worrying about what dickhead are saying on twitter. 

Aye. 

3 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

Are guys still breathing a huge sigh of relief at the 40 point mark? took me years!

It wasn't until around 2020 that I started to worry about the 40 point mark as I still hadn't accepted what Ashley turned us into so it isn't hardwired and I should be ok on that score. :good:

;)

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

It wasn't until around 2020 that I started to worry about the 40 point mark as I still hadn't accepted what Ashley turned us into so it isn't hardwired and I should be ok on that score. :good:

;)

It was definitely a feeling of will 32-36 points be enough?

Fuck will the cabbage get us to that many points?

Fuck, FUck. FUCk, FUCK!

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If this continues, I will knock your topknot clean off. Like a hipster slaying William Tell.

I wish I could grow a topknot these days but even if I could, it would be more right and less embarrassing than your Everton predictions will ever be,

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

yeah, that's where i'm at, particularly with all the extra games we've got this season. the stars aligned last year, with spurs, liverpool and chelsea all underperforming, and we got pretty lucky with injuries - we were lucky enough to be able to field the same back four pretty much all season. we managed three games before one of them picked up an injury this time. 

any sort of european qualification will still be an achievement. we still don't have the squad depth to think we'll definitely repeat or better last year's position. that's not to say we can't do it again but we have to be realistic. we came a long way very quickly, and the teams around us have all improved too. spurs, liverpool, villa and west ham have all bought well. 

Definitely the case, we built on our strong defensive fortitude in the first half of the season in particular based on the consistency of oir back five. This season we've already had an injury to our most important defender and Pope has looked very shaky. We're going to concede a lot more than we did last season, and teams will set up against us in a very different way. I'm not reading too much into these games because that run of three games is by all measures incredibly difficult. The only one of them that I'm truly disappointed by (and that's putting it mildly) is the Liverpool game. If that ends differently even with the other results we're not having this conversation. No other team has had as tough of a scheduling  start to the season. Whilst we have some easier league games coming up they're balanced against a super busy schedule where there will be some very tough team selections to make. We'll have to see more game time for our new players through this period, there's just no way around it, but I feel it will also mean that we'll not see Wilson and Isak start together but instead they’re be alternated up top.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sammynb said:

It was definitely a feeling of will 32-36 points be enough?

Fuck will the cabbage get us to that many points?

Fuck, FUck. FUCk, FUCK!

As a city fan i've pretty much grown up doing the 40 point maths every week. it was ingrained in me. no more though.

the worst year was when we thought we were safe as long as we didn't concede. so we knocked the ball around at the back in the final minutes of the season. not realising that we needed to score to stay up!!

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season