Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

25 minutes ago, strawb said:

He’s been poor recently but he’s worth more than that

How much? 

Next season we will hopefully keep Bruno. 

Hopefully have a fully fit Willock and then Tonali and Joe and hopefully an addition. 

I would rather he was sold to booster the funds for additions. 

I think he's a good squad option to have when fully fit, especially if we manage to get into Europe again and have the added game next season.

But if there's a bid of anything close to $20M, I'd sell for the FFP room of $100M it would open up for us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

How much? 

Hopefully have a fully fit Willock and then Tonali and Joe and hopefully an addition. 

I agree with all that mate.

I dunno about the price but like Bournemouth paid 23mill for a kid from Bristol in the summer who has done nowt, palace paid 21 mill for a kid from Blackburn who has done nowt. Even Ruben Loftus Cheek, went for about 19 to Milan and he is dog eggs.

Tbh I forgot about him being pure profit due to being home grown, I reckon moyes would pay 25 for him though. Spunked 30 on the free kick merchant who doesn’t even start games over a 6’8” freak

• Like 3

19 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

£20m+ for a player approaching peak years, with champions league experience and who was the cornerstone of a midfield that finished top 4.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

i agree. but £15m would be well below his market value, were he to return to last season's form. 

i wouldn't object to him staying if he were used as a squad player, which tbf i think was the plan this season

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

How do we feel about this player ? Can play out wide and up top...

Qv4YMFs.png

Why have you hidden Minteh's name?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

How do we feel about this player ? Can play out wide and up top...

Qv4YMFs.pngsaudi le

saudi is a bit of a farmer's league though

• Haha 1

On 18/03/2024 at 17:47, wykikitoon said:

How much? 

If you look at the Ashley-era players then you have Schar, Joelinton and Willock who are at the required standard for a Champions League squad. There’s a question mark against the latter because of the recurring injuries and Joelinton only has a year on his contract so I’m not saying they can’t be sold either. But, discounting those academy players who’ve recently come through the ranks for now, I think a decent bid for any other Ashley-era player and the club would be keen to let them go. It’s a shame if it’s a local lad because I think there’s a lot to be said for a core of them at any club. I’m also not saying we’re currently ‘too good’ for a player like Longstaff. But if the money is right and you can persuade him to go then you move him on, as the deal might not happen another 6 months or year down the line, for any number of reasons. That’s just the reality of the situation imo. No room for sentiment (that’s for us fans). 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

If you look at the Ashley-era players then you have Schar, Joelinton and Willock who are at the required standard for a Champions League squad. There’s a question mark against the latter because of the recurring injuries and Joelinton only has a year on his contract so I’m not saying they can’t be sold either. But, discounting those academy players who’ve recently come through the ranks for now, I think a decent bid for any other Ashley-era player and the club would be keen to let them go. It’s a shame if it’s a local lad because I think there’s a lot to be said for a core of them at any club. I’m also not saying we’re currently ‘too good’ for a player like Longstaff. But if the money is right and you can persuade him to go then you move him on, as the deal might not happen another 6 months or year down the line, for any number of reasons. That’s just the reality of the situation imo. No room for sentiment (that’s for us fans). 

Yes but on the basis we can get a significant upgrade. 

Just now, RobinRobin said:

Yes but on the basis we can get a significant upgrade. 

Of course but there’s no reason to think we wouldn’t. If you look at the prices paid and the quality of those we’ve brought in since the regime change. I do think Longstaff is a good player though. And one being harshly judged by having to do a job whilst carrying an injury because of the depleted squad. I also think Tonali is / was meant to be that upgrade 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Of course but there’s no reason to think we wouldn’t. If you look at the prices paid and the quality of those we’ve brought in since the regime change. I do think Longstaff is a good player though. And one being harshly judged by having to do a job whilst carrying an injury because of the depleted squad. I also think Tonali is / was meant to be that upgrade 

I was simply concerned at our ability to attract similar to Tonali if we can't offer European competition.

Not saying we may not still qualify for some level but clearly not CL. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

I was simply concerned at our ability to attract similar to Tonali if we can't offer European competition.

Not saying we may not still qualify for some level but clearly not CL. 

I suppose the flip side is (assuming the other midfielders stay) that we can let him go without necessarily needing that upgrade straight away without CL football next season. We’re not bad off for midfielders with the emergence of Miley and Tonali next year. We need a striker even if Wilson stays though 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

It’s not ASM

Aye, the passing and defensive stats were too impressive to be Maxi, that's why I went with Minteh.

1 hour ago, RobinRobin said:

Get yourself down your William Hills or Coral if you want a Tonali clone ;)

liane cartman randy marsh GIF by South Park