Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Ok, tactfully now.. Eriksen is a good player - but aren't we forgetting something? 

We are newcastle united.

If we sign eriksen it is nailed on he will die within the first 4 games, or have a massive heart attack that renders him in a coma for a decade... 

That is the Newcastle way.

• Haha 3

Imagine the scenes if Eriksen signs for Newcastle having turned down Man United with them convinced they ONLY reason he said no is because it wasn’t London :lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, scoobos said:

Ok, tactfully now.. Eriksen is a good player - but aren't we forgetting something? 

We are newcastle united.

If we sign eriksen it is nailed on he will die within the first 4 games, or have a massive heart attack that renders him in a coma for a decade... 

That is the Newcastle way.

He's got a defibrillator implanted in his tits. Even if he goes down he'll be resurrected like Tyson Fury within a ten second count. 

• Haha 7

I think you underestimate Eddie Howe's motivational ability. He got Shelvey to run - imagine what he'll do with someone athletic with a heart condition.

(Btw, does anyone have a link to the video of shelvey puking outside his Land Rover after the beep test day? - no one believes it happened and I cant find a link , perhaps I was tripping?)

as much as i'd love to beat man u and spurs to his signature - what an announcement of our arrival that would be - i can't help but think this is just internet gossip.  hard to imagine we are in a place yet where we can attract players ahead of those two. 

and yet bruno snubbed arsenal, so who the fuck knows? 

Pope

Trippier Botman Burn Targett 

Guimaraes Eriksen Joelinton

Raphina   Wilson   Ekitike

I'd take that😀I do think that Pope is overall a better keeper than Dubravka, and his numbers seem to bear that out, but to have two keeper's of that quality keeping each other on their toes will be great. 

Fabrizio Romano has said that Leeds value Raphina at 65m. If that's the case I think we should just let somebody like Arsenal waste their budget. He's a very good player, but he's not that good. I think 40m would be more than fair. Or at the very least I think a player who hasn't done it at a bigger club, and with all the extra pressures that entails, shouldn't go for over 50m. Very good players at elite clubs should for between 50 and 70m, and then the elite players at elite clubs should go for more than 70m. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Fabrizio Romano has said that Leeds value Raphina at 65m. If that's the case I think we should just let somebody like Arsenal waste their budget. He's a very good player, but he's not that good. I think 40m would be more than fair. Or at the very least I think a player who hasn't done it at a bigger club, and with all the extra pressures that entails, shouldn't go for over 50m. Very good players at elite clubs should for between 50 and 70m, and then the elite players at elite clubs should go for more than 70m. 

So the Heron Foods > Lidl > Sainsbury's shopping tree of football players?

Raphinha is class tbf, Leeds are wank and from 60 starts over the last two seasons he’s hit 17 goals and 12 assists in the league from the wing, while playing with Patrick Bamford, and Jack Harrison. He’s just starting to peak at 25 and is becoming a somewhat regular starter/squad member for Brazil.

£65m is a lot of money but the market in general is mad with figures, they have him with a decent length of time on his deal iirc. Compare him to someone like Buendia who cost nearly £40m with a single PL goal for Norwich. As mad as it is I personally see Raphinha as being in that £65m range nowadays, Arsenals offer was £40m or so? Compare that to the £72m they paid for Pepe and it’s a shite offer tbh. I’d love us to sign Raphinha as I think he’s absolute quality but I don’t think we will go to that price tag. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Howay said:

Raphinha is class tbf, Leeds are wank and from 60 starts over the last two seasons he’s hit 17 goals and 12 assists in the league from the wing, while playing with Patrick Bamford, and Jack Harrison. He’s just starting to peak at 25 and is becoming a somewhat regular starter/squad member for Brazil.

£65m is a lot of money but the market in general is mad with figures, they have him with a decent length of time on his deal iirc. Compare him to someone like Buendia who cost nearly £40m with a single PL goal for Norwich. As mad as it is I personally see Raphinha as being in that £65m range nowadays, Arsenals offer was £40m or so? Compare that to the £72m they paid for Pepe and it’s a shite offer tbh. I’d love us to sign Raphinha as I think he’s absolute quality but I don’t think we will go to that price tag. 

Defense will hate us if we have Raphinha, ASM, Bruno coming at them with Joelinton enforcing. You've got to pay for the quality attacking spark that someone like Raphinha brings. He'd be a fantastic signing but personally can't see it. Can you imagine if we got him and Paqueta, four Brazilians aged 24-25. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Give them Almiron and £30 million for him. This is definitely how transfers work

I concur and have signed off on the deal, expect him in the next few days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Howay said:

He carried them last season with Bamford out for much of it. He's worth what they're asking imo

• Like 1

Just now, RobinRobin said:

Agreed, but can we afford it?

Probably but I doubt we spend in Jan then if required. That's our budget done for the season. Probably him pope and Targett and that's it. 

Is that wise now? I don't think so. I think we are weak in a couple of areas, most notably up front that we upgrade. If that means missing out so be it. Got to see the bigger picture. I.e comfortable into 8th or so position and then build on that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Probably but I doubt we spend in Jan then if required. That's our budget done for the season. Probably him pope and Targett and that's it. 

Is that wise now? I don't think so. I think we are weak in a couple of areas, most notably up front that we upgrade. If that means missing out so be it. Got to see the bigger picture. I.e comfortable into 8th or so position and then build on that. 

fuck Ekitike and Bottman off and instead spunk £60m on Raphina and £50m on Jesus. 

• Haha 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season