Different Gravy

Tom

11 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

If Burnley are safe on the last day and the game is a total dead rubber, I’d be tempted to start him. No pressure on him, go and skin Billy Burnley at right back

I’d find it even more hilarious if Burnley aren’t safe and he sends them down on goal difference with us beating them 7-0.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The alternative is plainly Lucas De Bolle #kalewatermags  :cuppa:

Lucas De Bolle just sounds like he’d be good at football. Or at least impressionist painting. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Tom said:

That fuckin knacka mouth of the Tyne on twitter came up with this fuckin nonsense yesterday, it was debunked in the replies almost immediately by none other than the vice chairman of Berwick Rangers…. yet here we are :thumbup:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

NEVER MIND 

I have to correct myself.

I’d find it most hilarious if we played him, won 7-0 to send Burnley down but Burnley got awarded the win because of us fielding an ineligible player, leading to either Everton or Leeds getting relegated.

• Haha 9

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Lucas De Bolle just sounds like he’d be good at football. Or at least impressionist painting. 

Kick De Bolle, Pass De Bolle. Nominative determinism in action. 

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’ll pass that on… his folks are friends of the widow of the man who took me to my first Newcastle game 😆

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

The very same! The fucking Baconator would have ruined the kid this season by recalling him at the first sight that he was any good and pitching him in against PL sides to try and save his own skin. 

Aye, you could easily imagine that scenario happening

See Northampton Town have lodged a formal complaint abiut the team Scunthorpe fielded v Bristol Rovers cos it was full of kids. Fair enough like, I hadn't realised that. 

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

See Northampton Town have lodged a formal complaint abiut the team Scunthorpe fielded v Bristol Rovers cos it was full of kids. Fair enough like, I hadn't realised that. 

Have they?

Trying to rob the world of a feel good story like Joey 'use your eye as an ashtray' Barton managing a team of too-good-for-the-league loanees to glory?

How typical of a beige, anti-romance town like Northampton.

I don't know the details but SSN implied that Scunthorpe have had no choice but to play the kids for the last few games at least - maybe since their relegation was confirmed but they seemed to be saying it was one of the reasons they had gone down. 

Edited by NJS

37 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Have they?

Trying to rob the world of a feel good story like Joey 'use your eye as an ashtray' Barton managing a team of too-good-for-the-league loanees to glory?

How typical of a beige, anti-romance town like Northampton.

If the shoe was on the other foot they wouldn't be complaining....

On 09/05/2022 at 13:57, Gemmill said:

I think I read somewhere they’d been playing some academy kids for a while (since relegation was confirmed) and there were only two changes to the side since their previous game. I think if you’re Northampton Town it’s worth a try like

Edited by Alex

• 1 month later...