Jump to content

Eddie's Graft to the whistle mags v Pep's, we've won lads, lets chill last two mins BOTTLING FUCKS!


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

 

To be honest, you could field a limp Ryvita and a bag of salad at the back, and you'd still be odds-on favourites to twat the three remaining teams. 

 

I like the down-playing of expectations from the ownership/management, and I think it's the best approach, BUT I'd love to peak into an alternative universe to see which superstars we threw oil-money at.

Yeah that's the best way, we had a loudmouth that went by the name of Garry Cook. He was a bit of an embarrassment and they got rid off him pretty quick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Rayvin said:

So we lose 5-0 to City, as expected, and noises about not being mathematically safe resurface, along with the whole squad needing an urgent overhaul and Howe being shipped.

 

Let's be real lads, we're not going to be the City overnight - we're just going to start to try to compete. They'll aim for top ten next season not Europe. And tbh, we could probably get top ten with these players and Howe for a full season.

I think I’ve been one of the ones calling for a massive turnaround in terms of playing staff in the summer (not sure if you were meaning me or not Rayvin but I’d say I’m in that group - although not anything about Howe or relegation worry!) 
 

I personally think that result underlined the need for a large overhaul. Going from some posts on here and twitter I might be in the minority, but I thought that was a complete fucking embarrassment and I’m sick of us receiving humblings like that. I could see it pissed Howe, and certain players off as well - it’s not acceptable the 5th especially was pure just giving up and accepting being shown up imo. For too long we’ve carried players who have just accepted this type of hiding, and had managers who made excuses and also accepted it, we really need fucking rid of it.
 

That’s the overhaul I think we need, maybe it won’t all be big name players for large fees like Bruno, but we need a massive change in character. That’s why the Longstaff contract talks fucking annoy me, I’m hoping it is just to get money for him when we shift him because I don’t know what he brings to the side and his attitude fucking reeks. It’s constantly said about how he’s a local lad, but I watched that game yesterday and from kick off he looked defeated tbh, he wasn’t putting in a massive shift or trying to lift his game just a meek acceptance that we’d be beaten. Massive clear out of these types needed imo, get rid of Lascelles asap and bring in Tarkowski, those type of moves will be vital - not just in terms of quality of squad but in attitude. The acceptance of hidings just lingers on from Pardew and Bruce tbh. Shelvey would have been the same too, type of player that only plays well if the whole team plays well. 
 

We can’t say we want high standards and players like Bruno/Trippier, and accept absolute twattings like that and give contracts to quitters like Longstaff. For me it just doesn’t mesh, evolve the squad by all means but we need to remove these bone idle elements as soon as we can. I could visibly see how pissed off Bruno was all game at what was happening. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

where do we hope or expect to be next season? Top 8? Pushing for Europe and a cup run. You sense that is where the owners will want us to be.
 

We’re not a million miles from there now. To get there or thereabouts I think we’re going to need another 4-5 players for an outlay of I presume around 70-100m, with some funds generated through sales to offset some of that spend. not wholesale changes but we’re going to have to be shrewd again - we demonstrated in January that it’s possible to pull off fairly major surgery to the squad. 


I’d be delighted if we’re again able to blend  exciting foreign players we know little about with solid premier league pros in the Burn/Targett mould. The important thing is they improve the first team and have the right attitude. Howe and the scouting team managed it last time around. I’m optimistic they’ll do it again.  
 

I can live with the likes of Longstaff and Dummet hanging around for another season or two. Just don’t tie them down with long term deals. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am just expecting to see progress on and off the pitch. It’s fine if we do still have a mathematical chance to qualify for Europe after 30 games but stay clear of another relegation battle. I expect us to be somewhere between 8th and 12th.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

I am just expecting to see progress on and off the pitch. It’s fine if we do still have a mathematical chance to qualify for Europe after 30 games but stay clear of another relegation battle. I expect us to be somewhere between 8th and 12th.

12th next season might see Howe out of a job tbf 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s going to depend on the circumstances. Other teams can be overperforming as well with everything being very close. We could have a decent but still not breaking in the top ten.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

It’s going to depend on the circumstances. Other teams can be overperforming as well with everything being very close. We could have a decent but still not breaking in the top ten.

 

i get the sense the owners will want to see progression and a lower mid table finish may not cut it. we'll see

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know money talks but if we’d finished the season with three or four wins on the trot,players would have noticed it and it certainly would have been a good selling  point for Little Ed.It could quite possibly take us two transfer windows to get us anywhere near 6th position.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

I know money talks but if we’d finished the season with three or four wins on the trot,players would have noticed it and it certainly would have been a good selling  point for Little Ed.It could quite possibly take us two transfer windows to get us anywhere near 6th position.

Fixtures weren't kind on that front. 

 

They were kind at the start of the season which is why Bruce should be shot again retrospectively for being that shite. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Howay said:

I think I’ve been one of the ones calling for a massive turnaround in terms of playing staff in the summer (not sure if you were meaning me or not Rayvin but I’d say I’m in that group - although not anything about Howe or relegation worry!) 
 

I personally think that result underlined the need for a large overhaul. Going from some posts on here and twitter I might be in the minority, but I thought that was a complete fucking embarrassment and I’m sick of us receiving humblings like that. I could see it pissed Howe, and certain players off as well - it’s not acceptable the 5th especially was pure just giving up and accepting being shown up imo. For too long we’ve carried players who have just accepted this type of hiding, and had managers who made excuses and also accepted it, we really need fucking rid of it.
 

That’s the overhaul I think we need, maybe it won’t all be big name players for large fees like Bruno, but we need a massive change in character. That’s why the Longstaff contract talks fucking annoy me, I’m hoping it is just to get money for him when we shift him because I don’t know what he brings to the side and his attitude fucking reeks. It’s constantly said about how he’s a local lad, but I watched that game yesterday and from kick off he looked defeated tbh, he wasn’t putting in a massive shift or trying to lift his game just a meek acceptance that we’d be beaten. Massive clear out of these types needed imo, get rid of Lascelles asap and bring in Tarkowski, those type of moves will be vital - not just in terms of quality of squad but in attitude. The acceptance of hidings just lingers on from Pardew and Bruce tbh. Shelvey would have been the same too, type of player that only plays well if the whole team plays well. 
 

We can’t say we want high standards and players like Bruno/Trippier, and accept absolute twattings like that and give contracts to quitters like Longstaff. For me it just doesn’t mesh, evolve the squad by all means but we need to remove these bone idle elements as soon as we can. I could visibly see how pissed off Bruno was all game at what was happening. 

 

I would like to see go;

  • Lascelles.  Been a great servant, but has totally lost the ability to be a Prem footballer.
  • ASM. I don't buy the get better players around him.  He hasn't responded to Howe, he is a self centred heed band wearing lazy cunt.
  • Sean Longstaff.  Looks more like a site labourer than a footballer.
  • Ciaran Clark.  League One defender now.
  • Jeff Hendrick. Has he even played for QPR yet?
  • Dwight Gayle. He was mint for us in the Champ and he served us well and got us back up.  His level is the Championship.  He is the one player that stinks of Ashleys regime.  Keep him on as it's cheaper than buying new,
  • Jamal Lewis.  Just not good enough.
  • Karl Darlow. As above. 
  • Matty Longstaff. As above.

 

There are other players that it wouldn't bother me if they stayed or left.

 

  • Ritchie - His contract is up next year, but I would think he is a canny lad around the dressing room.
  • Fede - Should be ahead of Lascelles IMO.
  • Miggy.  He's looked slightly better recently, but really, he has fuck all end product.
  • Krafth.  Without a decent CB next to him he isn't stable,  He's been miles better recently and MOTM contender in some games, but surly we need better cover for Trips.
  • Gillespie.  Another Ashley turd smelling up the place

That leaves us with a lot of players to buy this summer, but i cannot see that happening at all.


 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1% possession

 

Roughly 10 minutes into the second half, a quite staggering stat emerged that Manchester City had not completely lost possession since restarting the game from the centre-circle.

Between the 45th and 55th minute, the hosts had 99% possession with Newcastle’s 1% being down to flicks and clearances as City started to pile on the pressure.

It took the Magpies until the 55th minute to finally register their first successful and intentional pass of the second half, which actually led to a rare opportunity for Howe’s side.

Bruno Guimaraes was the Newcastle player to finally register a successful pass to a teammate in the 56th minute as he found Miguel Almiron.

A decent spell of possession then followed which culminated in Guimaraes blasting well over the crossbar from 30-yards.

 

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/matt-targett-lectures-allan-saint-maximin-as-kevin-keegan-watches-on-newcastle-united-moments-missed-3685780

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

 

I would like to see go;

  • Lascelles.  Been a great servant, but has totally lost the ability to be a Prem footballer.
  • ASM. I don't buy the get better players around him.  He hasn't responded to Howe, he is a self centred heed band wearing lazy cunt.
  • Sean Longstaff.  Looks more like a site labourer than a footballer.
  • Ciaran Clark.  League One defender now.
  • Jeff Hendrick. Has he even played for QPR yet?
  • Dwight Gayle. He was mint for us in the Champ and he served us well and got us back up.  His level is the Championship.  He is the one player that stinks of Ashleys regime.  Keep him on as it's cheaper than buying new,
  • Jamal Lewis.  Just not good enough.
  • Karl Darlow. As above. 
  • Matty Longstaff. As above.

 

There are other players that it wouldn't bother me if they stayed or left.

 

  • Ritchie - His contract is up next year, but I would think he is a canny lad around the dressing room.
  • Fede - Should be ahead of Lascelles IMO.
  • Miggy.  He's looked slightly better recently, but really, he has fuck all end product.
  • Krafth.  Without a decent CB next to him he isn't stable,  He's been miles better recently and MOTM contender in some games, but surly we need better cover for Trips.
  • Gillespie.  Another Ashley turd smelling up the place

That leaves us with a lot of players to buy this summer, but i cannot see that happening at all.


 

 

i think in the mid to longer term, you're absolutely right that these are all players we should be looking to get rid of, if we want to end up in the top 6. but it's unlikely they'll all leave this summer as it's too big a turnover of players in a single window.  

 

i can see the likes of miggy, lascelles, asm and longstaff being retained for another season or two. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

that's been reported already. does seem an odd one. howe must see a player in there. 

 

or maybe it's something to do with hitting the minimum quotas of homegrown players because he's done little to suggest he deserves another four year deal. one or two years would make more sense.

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wykiki absolutely refusing to countenance the idea that he's being given the contract to allow us to bring in profit on a sale. :lol:

 

"HE'S GONNA BE PLAYING FOR THE FIRST TEAM FOR THE NEXT 4 YEARS!" 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Wykiki absolutely refusing to countenance the idea that he's being given the contract to allow us to bring in profit on a sale. :lol:

 

"HE'S GONNA BE PLAYING FOR THE FIRST TEAM FOR THE NEXT 4 YEARS!" 

2 Years, I get.  But 4 years?  Say he's put on 60km a week. Realistically, who is going to buy him?  He's a Championship level player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

2 Years, I get.  But 4 years?  Say he's put on 60km a week. Realistically, who is going to buy him?  He's a Championship level player.

 

Why would you think he's on anything like that sort of money?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

2 Years, I get.  But 4 years?  Say he's put on 60km a week. Realistically, who is going to buy him?  He's a Championship level player.

 

60km a week? is howe returning to steve bruce style laps in training?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Why would you think he wouldn't? Pondering Let Me Think GIF by Joe Gibbs Racing

Because his last contract was in 2018 so he'll currently be on peanuts. Since then he's started about 1/3 of our games and hasn't exactly set the world alight. He's one that I think the club would like to tie down but certainly won't be offering over the odds to do so.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.