2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

6 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Disagree with that. Earlier you buy the cheaper it is.

As a general guide…

Advance tickets

If you’ve booked with us and your train is cancelled or rescheduled, you’ll be entitled to a fee-free refund online.
Until 6pm the day before travel, you can make a fee-free change to your train if your train is still running but you choose not to travel.

Flexible tickets

If your train is unaffected by industrial action but your plans have changed, you can reschedule your journey fee-free until 6pm the day before travel, or cancel it.

Which train line did you get that from?

LNER are showing: "Non-refundable, changeable for a fee" - for their advanced tickets.

And of course they likely wouldn't be as cheap when first bought.

Edited by Holden McGroin

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

Which train line did you get that from?

LNER are showing: "Non-refundable, changeable for a fee" - for their advanced tickets.

And of course they likely wouldn't be as cheap when first bought.

All depends on the type of ticket as you're alluding to. The cheapest tickets understandably are going to have admin fees for alterations. 

Having reflected on it, you're right in the fact it's been moved twice is a piss-take. Has any explanation been offered? 

Scottish Mag, formerly of this parish, gave up his season ticket because it became increasingly unaffordable for this very reason, ie games being changed at relatively short notice. The only way he could get rail tickets to home games at an affordable price was advanced bookings. They’re available something like 12 weeks in advance. If you only get about 4 or 5 weeks notice you’re writing off the cost of the original rail tickets then having to buy additional ones at a higher cost. In this instance it’s away fans being hit. Simultaneously the most loyal and least considered of all football supporters 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Craig said:

As a general guide…

Advance tickets

If you’ve booked with us and your train is cancelled or rescheduled, you’ll be entitled to a fee-free refund online.
Until 6pm the day before travel, you can make a fee-free change to your train if your train is still running but you choose not to travel.

Flexible tickets

If your train is unaffected by industrial action but your plans have changed, you can reschedule your journey fee-free until 6pm the day before travel, or cancel it.

:lol:

RANCID. 

• Haha 3

The Premier Injuries website, which I think bases its detail on soundbites from managers or players only have Wilson out for the rest of the month. ASM & Bruno penciled for this weekend but as you say, Hope's info suggests it may be too soon for ASM. 

Is Howe's presser today or tomorrow?

I think a minute’s silence is appropriate and asking people to sing GSTK isn’t. I can see why it’s happening like. Hopefully lots of people won’t bother with the latter. Better still take the HMHM approach 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I think a minute’s silence is appropriate and asking people to sing GSTK isn’t. I can see why it’s happening like. Hopefully lots of people won’t bother with the latter. Better still take the HMHM approach 

I agree with that although I hope that people will protest by not singing it rather than boo or sing something over the top of it. You can just imagine the main stream media waiting eagerly in the wings to report on 'supporters of murdering Saudi-owned Newcastle United' disrespecting the late monarch. 

Impeccable silence throughout both is the right thing to do. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Craig said:

I agree with that although I hope that people will protest by not singing it rather than boo or sing something over the top of it. You can just imagine the main stream media waiting eagerly in the wings to report on 'supporters of murdering Saudi-owned Newcastle United' disrespecting the late monarch. 

Better yet, let's all learn the Saudi anthem and sing that instead. All together, lads:

سَارْعِي
،لِلْمَجْدِ وَالْعَلْيَاء
!مَجِّدِي لِخَالِقِ الْسَّمَاء

• Haha 5

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat