2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

:good: Class but I'm struggling to make out a couple on there, the one between Burn and Terry Mac and the two to the left of Rob Lee. I think the one closest to Lee might be Derek Fazackerly? A few looking pretty old tbh, especially Bracewell who I suppose was a senior pro in that side. 

My favourite season that one and the following season. Hard to separate them. Great age to watch it and getting to the games home and away whilst having a few pints. :ok:

That’s definitely Fazackerly. I think Killer’s lurking in the back with Howey and Micky Quinn. The lad to left of Bez might be Matty Appleby? With Scott Sellars at the end. The one you’re on about next to Terry Mac looks vaguely familiar, but like you say there’s a fair bit of water passed under the bridge since then :lol: 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

That’s definitely Fazackerly. I think Killer’s lurking in the back with Howey and Micky Quinn. The lad to left of Bez might be Matty Appleby? With Scott Sellars at the end. The one you’re on about next to Terry Mac looks vaguely familiar, but like you say there’s a fair bit of water passed under the bridge since then :lol: 

He might not be ex-NUFC, could be a host or something?

R - L Back Row.

Sellers, Kelly, Bez, Clark, Quinn, Howey, Darren Peacock? (hard to tell, he's hiding plus wasn't in this side, probably Killer actually), No idea, Faz, Rob Lee, Watson and Bracewell.

Front R - L

KK, Burn, no idea, Terry Mac.

I was going to post the clip with the slapper, owld geezer, crackhead and dwarf, but it’s the first reply in that thread, so … aye. 

(Whereabouts on Wallsend High St. is this- asking for a friend ? )

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I was going to post the clip with the slapper, owld geezer, crackhead and dwarf, but it’s the first reply in that thread, so … aye. 

(Whereabouts on Wallsend High St. is this- asking for a friend ? ) 

Yeah not sure. It could be in mackem land, but it might also be in Newcastle in fairness. One of the replies to the video was this 😂

Edited by Monkeys Fist
  • Haha 5

:lol:

Definitely not sunderland - there’s a vegetable and table cloth on the buffet. 

Also, when Anton du Crack makes his moves as Fatty heads off for a kebab, there’s not enough delerium tremens on show for this to be an SR1 postcode. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Yeah not sure. It could be in mackem land, but it might also be in Newcastle in fairness. One of the replies to the video was this 😂

BOBFOC :lol: 

I actually remember that tune and a mate having it on vinyl. I think it would’ve come out late 90s / early 2000s. Proper Gouda-laden euro trance shite 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Alex said:

BOBFOC :lol: 

I actually remember that tune and a mate having it on vinyl. I think it would’ve come out late 90s / early 2000s. Proper Gouda-laden euro trance shite 

in fairness I didn't actually mind watching marsha and her 2 minxy mates bopping about to it on totp.... :)

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Robert was a better player for us that Ginola ever was. Ginola probably proved himself to be a level above Robert, but only once he left for Spuds. 

b6eebj.gif

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

b6eebj.gif

😂 Look at the stats mate, it's not even close. Ginola was moping more often than scoring or assisting for us regardless of the admittedly spectacular goals he did score. I honestly believe anyone who thinks Ginola was better for us has got the nostalgia glasses on because he was in the entertainers side. Having said all that obviously Ginola was incredible for Spuds, again much better than he ever was for us. 

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

Robert was a better player for us that Ginola ever was. Ginola probably proved himself to be a level above Robert, but only once he left for Spuds. 

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

😂 Look at the stats mate, it's not even close. Ginola was moping more often than scoring or assisting for us regardless of the admittedly spectacular goals he did score. I honestly believe anyone who thinks Ginola was better for us has got the nostalgia glasses on because he was in the entertainers side. Having said all that obviously Ginola was incredible for Spuds, again much better than he ever was for us. 

I stand with my countryman on this one. Come for him and you better come through me.

image.gif.7c805423f6f07e803c3585a0d5d1ee48.gif

Okay, that was too easy.

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I stand with my countryman on this one. Come for him and you better come through me.

image.gif.7c805423f6f07e803c3585a0d5d1ee48.gif

Okay, that was too easy.

Am with my celtic cousins on this one. Loved Ginola but Robert in a way had more tools although without DG’s ability to beat a man. DG’s level dropped when KK stopped him going to Barca, Robert’s dropped when Souness rolled in like a 1970s gangster and expected everyone to treat him like Tony fuckin Montana :cuppa:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

They were both supremely talented, stroppy fuckers. 

Robert scored some fucking screamers, and was fond of a mazy run past 5-6 opponents. 

Ginola scored some fucking screamers, and was fond of a mazy run past 5-6 opponents. 

Only one was good enough for L’Oreal. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

They were both supremely talented, stroppy fuckers. 

Robert scored some fucking screamers, and was fond of a mazy run past 5-6 opponents. 

Ginola scored some fucking screamers, and was fond of a mazy run past 5-6 opponents. 

Only one was good enough for L’Oreal. 

:nufc:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Polarboy said:

david ginola GIF by David

• Haha 1

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat