2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

a quick scan of the comments here suggests CT is closer to fan consensus than the rest of us. have we all been listening to gemmill and fish too much? 

16 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

a quick scan of the comments here suggests CT is closer to fan consensus than the rest of us. have we all been listening to gemmill and fish too much? 

:lol: 

Aye a lot of our fans are being absurd about it. They’re acting like a chance of something happening means it will, of course Liverpool winning every game while we lose all our games can happen but the chances are fucking tiny. 

My brother in law has been doing my fucking head in about it, anytime Liverpool, Brighton, whoever win he messages saying they’re fucking flying ignoring that we’ve won 8 out of 9, I think we’ve bettered Liverpool by 7 points over the last 9 games man :lol:. We’ve just won 6-1, 4-1, and 3-1 in a week why are people acting like we’re about to stumble?

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I think Rishi Sunak might be right about the maths thing. People don't understand probability and instead prefer to believe that if it's possible, it WILL happen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

We're there but there's an element of 'hoping' for failure prevalent in older fans, almost like it's a comfort zone. Not that I'm young myself but I seem more capable of being objective. It's done man.

It’s going to take a couple of seasons of success to shed the collective sense of dread we became accustomed to during the Ashley years. I actually prefer it in some ways. We’re probably more likeable while we still fear the worst. We’ll become some of the most insufferable, entitled supporters in the league once the trophies start rolling in. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Steady on, who listens to Gemmill or Fish FFS 🙄

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Ummm …. weird tbh. 

Yeah, absolute dills who carry on and troll a player after they leave their club.

Also, that fuckstick Jose 'jaja' Enrique is dead to me, and James Milner is a boring prick.

• Haha 3

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat