2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

I don't really have any interested in fan run podcasts myself, most of the time it's like overhearing a few blokes down the pub.

The difference with here is that this isn't one way. There's interaction and the opportunity to call people cunts at will.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

34 minutes ago, strawb said:

Some of you are funny.

Has anything anyone said on a football podcast or radio show or even on here changed your own opinion on football? 

Aye, loads. Not about Newcastle United though.

19 hours ago, Chaser said:

Twitter is a cesspit of opinions. There's a few nuggets of quality in there but by and large it's just arseholes making themselves and everyone else miserable. Be better if Musk just grenaded it. 

'It's so difficult supporting this club'.

Manchester City debuts Treble trophies at Community event

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

13 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, no? Fans of every club have a hissy fit when their team loses. The players should know better than to bite and cause a pile on

Thing is, whenever we have a go at a player, or a manager, or the owner, it's for for content, it's not to drive engagement or whatever. It's because I didn't rate Shelvey that highly, or one of the lads thought it was weird how deified Benitez was, or we think the majority owners are terrible people who shouldn't own part of UK culture to obfuscate their crimes.

It's not the same. 

Should Bruno have replied? Viewed through the professional lens, probably not, but I absolutely think that shouldn't be the case. Someone has a dig at you so publicly, you should have the right of reply.

• Like 3

Maybe I’m getting jaded/falling out of love with football, but I’m happy watching the game and leaving it at that.

Like I go to a lower league games down here and enjoy those, but all the ancillary football “products” don’t interest me in the slightest. Usually shills and know knowts trying to monetise their rubbish/biased opinions. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, strawb said:

Maybe I’m getting jaded/falling out of love with football, but I’m happy watching the game and leaving it at that.

Like I go to a lower league games down here and enjoy those, but all the ancillary football “products” don’t interest me in the slightest. Usually shills and know knowts trying to monetise their rubbish/biased opinions. 

I've taken my lad to Stockport a couple of times and Altrincham once. Even been to watch West Didsbury and Chorlton to get my fix. I don't listen to any podcasts about them to be fair. Just take the game for what it is. 

I listen to a few football podcasts, the Football Ramble, Totally Football Show and The Rest is Football. But I totally understand that I've an unusual appetite for the opinions of others. I find the majority of the Newcastle podcasts to be a bit shit, and yes I include mine in that.

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I've taken my lad to Stockport a couple of times and Altrincham once. Even been to watch West Didsbury and Chorlton to get my fix. I don't listen to any podcasts about them to be fair. Just take the game for what it is. 

I listen to a few football podcasts, the Football Ramble, Totally Football Show and The Rest is Football. But I totally understand that I've an unusual appetite for the opinions of others. I find the majority of the Newcastle podcasts to be a bit shit, and yes I include mine in that.

I’ve probably seen you, I’ve been to all of those. Been going to Stalybridge Celtic a bit recently though it’s a good day out but the football is woeful

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I've always valued charlotte robson's concise and insightful musings.

• Haha 6

46 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I've always valued charlotte robson's concise and insightful musings.

I marvelled at her commentary when I listened to a TF podcast. Shortly before turning it off.

• Haha 5

Aquaman reckons were finishing 7th Oh Brother Facepalm GIF by reactionseditor

Edit: he's gone off-road, forgot this is a football podcast, been talking about accounting for 6 minutes straight.

Edit Edit: To scared to answer which one is more good looking, Schar or Tonali? :lol::lol: the way you dodged that

Edit Edit Edit: Done, enjoyed myself.

Edited by LongTimeAdmirer

39 minutes ago, strawb said:

I’ve probably seen you, I’ve been to all of those. Been going to Stalybridge Celtic a bit recently though it’s a good day out but the football is woeful

Something to be said for standing in the pissing rain, drinking a beer at pitchside, the only thing separating you from the 'action' is a picket fence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Jim Carrey Vomit GIFI Think you know which part im listening to right now. 

The bit where I'm praising Gordon for his performance against Villa?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

You gonna let him talk about you like that? @The Fish Ignoring Fiona Gubelmann GIF by VH1s Daytime Divas

Yeah, because I respect Alex. 

Any of you other mother fuckers try anything and we'll have words.

fight fighting GIF by Archie Comics

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Aquaman reckons were finishing 7th Oh Brother Facepalm GIF by reactionseditor

Edit: he's gone off-road, forgot this is a football podcast, been talking about accounting for 6 minutes straight.

Edit Edit: To scared to answer which one is more good looking, Schar or Tonali? :lol::lol: the way you dodged that

Edit Edit Edit: Done, enjoyed myself.

200.gif.027ab686c5c24cba5739250a200c4ebf.gif