2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

The best approach is to just ignore it. I hope the club don’t engage. Don’t make a public reply to his petty nonsense. Just tell them what the fee is and let Ashworth rot on gardening leave until they pay the price. 

• Like 4

ManU's approach to this situation reveals a subconscious insecurity about themselves. If they figured they were still this massive club above us and everyone else like they suggested with the rhetoric then they would have had no trouble coming to the club and striking a deal for Ashworth. The fact that they have gone to the media to big note themselves and try to represent our completely normal and reasonable request for compensation for someone under contract as somehow unrealistic speaks to the level of concern they have about our progress and the lack of self-awareness they have for their own situation.

I can't see how this doesn't blow up in their faces. I'm not an expert by any means but I would've thought that publicly insulting the other party is probably viewed as a rather ineffectual opening negotiating tactic by at least some experts. :lol: Unfortunately for ManU I believe that things like contractual law deals with pesky items like reality and facts and not the death rattles of an old dinosaur's delusions of grandeur.

I'd be happy with 10m from this situation. And I'm sure the club would be too. But ManU's approach could result in them having to pay 20m in order to save face. They simply can't walk away from this deal now. And they equally can't go two years without a DoF. If I were Ashworth, I'd have reservations already about going over there based purely on the way they've managed the situation of his attempted hiring. You might argue that he is being sought to take up a position that would make this sort of carry on a thing of the past. But something tells me that there is a distinct lack of self-awareness permeating ManU and Dan Ashworth is seen as an ornamentation to their vanity without an appreciation for what he actually does.

• Like 12

9 hours ago, Dazzler said:

"that's not how the law works"

Aye it is mate, contractual law in fact. Although it was a pleasant surprise to hear Man City give away the players they don't want and haven't made half a billion quid doing so since Pep came in.

It always fucking staggers me how inexplicably stupid some billionaires are.

It always staggers me how they're never challenged by the cunts interviewing them. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

It always staggers me how they're never challenged by the cunts interviewing them. 

Because it generates better content to let thick cunts like Ratcliffe prattle on. They give him just enough rope to hang himself. Challenging him would have given him a chance to backtrack. It's much funnier the way it played out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The other thing in all this is that, as per fucking usual, Man Utd, its fans, media arselickers etc. are totally oblivious to how much everyone else hates them. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 5

Brailsford reminds me a bit of the whole Clive Woodward thing. Where after England won the rugby World Cup he thought he could do the same in any sport. I think it subsequently emerged that England team ran itself anyway, with the senior players like Dallaglio, Johnson and Dawson really being in charge. Woodward then took over the Lions unsuccessfully before a spell in a nebulous DoF role at Southampton FC. He’s mates with covid-cunt Rupert Lowe apparently. Where he did nothing of note because he knows sweet fanny adams about football. He’s had the odd ‘executive’ role since, but that’s it. I bet they both do an amazing PowerPoint presentation though

Edited by Alex
  • Like 5

Brailsford is a fucking bully.  An absolute cunt of a man who surrounded himself with like minded cunts at BC.  So no wonder he gets on well with Ratcliffe.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Brailsford is a fucking bully.  An absolute cunt of a man who surrounded himself with like minded cunts at BC.  So no wonder he gets on well with Ratcliffe.

Wykiki finally justified in getting rage at someone. 

Excited Wheel Of Fortune GIF by ABC Network

• Haha 7

Can we start referring to this cunt with his full name please? I have the misfortune of sharing the same surname as this arsehole. :sad:

• Haha 2

Listening to Kieran Maguire, he reckons per conversations he's had with employment lawyers, anything in excess of 12 months gardening leave becomes hard to enforce and can be challenged. Which would still keep daft lad out of commission for the next two transfer windows.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

OK fine, Wykiki Toon it is.

:lol:

I was going to do an edit to state that I meant Jim Sutcliffe and not Wykiki to avoid confusion.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Listening to Kieran Maguire, he reckons per conversations he's had with employment lawyers, anything in excess of 12 months gardening leave becomes hard to enforce and can be challenged. Which would still keep daft lad out of commission for the next two transfer windows.

PIF lawyers be like,

challenge accepted training GIF

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

From the little I remember from law school the period of gardening leave must be proportionate based on things such as the level of the role, industry and risk that they could carry commercially sensitive information. Given that Ashworth knows all the ins and out of the club and our plan for at least the next two years I think there's every chance that he could be forced out of the game for 18 months.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Let him take the club to court after that 12 months and see how that plays out

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i didn't realise we had a so-called lawyer to go with our so-called accountant 

When he says law school, what he means was his day in court for flashing in the park at a couple of old women

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

From the little I remember from law school the period of gardening leave must be proportionate based on things such as the level of the role, industry and risk that they could carry commercially sensitive information. Given that Ashworth knows all the ins and out of the club and our plan for at least the next two years I think there's every chance that he could be forced out of the game for 18 months.

And how much he is being paid. 

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Let him take the club to court after that 12 months and see how that plays out

Cue rule change to bring legal fees into FFP. 🙂 

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

If Ashworth’s signed a contract that stipulates 2 years/18 months or whatever, can’t see how it could be successfully challenged.

I strongly suspect, Ashworth’s jumped thinking Man U would just pay up to shorten any gardening leave but Man U have been told the price and gone “oops”. They’re now trying to create leverage (via naff public utterances) when actually they have absolutely zero leverage.

There will probably be a deal but at our price, for PIF this will be a “face” situation and having dealt with Arabs in business I’ll be amazed if they’ll cave/budge on valuation. They’ll also feel a sense of betrayal by the midget so if he rots for two years they won’t give a fuck.

• Like 3