2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Doesn't she also owe the Reubens a fair chunk of money?

She said she'd see them alright when she gets her new glasses. :good:

• Haha 6

36 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Doesn't she also owe the Reubens a fair chunk of money?

I don’t know about that. But I think she repaid Ashley the buyer’s loan. Wasn’t there a story that the Reuben’s had bought some of her stake in the club? 

Companies House says that her company owes money to RB Sports which I assume is the Reubens. The charge is against shares of her company through which she owns her stake in the club.

This is precisely the sort of shite that makes you nervous knowing Nufc's luck.

I mean Staveley's troubles by themselves might not spell disaster but I wouldn't be surprised if MBS woke up tomorrow and decided to disband the PIF to buy 200 superyachts and start a floating country or something. 

Building a long term self sustaining model is absolutely key.  

i don't think there's anything to be nervous about. she's really just the face of the takeover. she's done a decent job as chairman but the real power/wealth lies elsewhere. 

• Like 1

I think she got gifted her 10% of the club for acting as the broker. I suspect her recent reduction in shares was because she needed to borrow some cash off the Reuben's. Wouldn't be surprised if the Reuben's end up with her full 10% share at some point 

• Like 3

Hard to imagine that someone will not just loan her the money. This is peanuts to these people. If PIF want her in her role then she'll stay in the role.

• Like 1

The lass who hugged her on the takeover and who was on sky with carragher, she should surely be crowdfunding Mandy by now? She could always ask the lass who sorted Alan Barnes out for advice. 

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I think she got gifted her 10% of the club for acting as the broker. 

that’s exactly what I heard 

On 24/03/2024 at 20:49, wykikitoon said:

'I beat your brother, he's shit no?' 

img_1_1711313347880.jpg

:spit:

46 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Must be true then :smile:

Didnt she borrow the money off Ashley?

Then she had to pay it back in a hurry when she criticised him in public not long after...

15 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

This is precisely the sort of shite that makes you nervous knowing Nufc's luck.

I mean Staveley's troubles by themselves might not spell disaster but I wouldn't be surprised if MBS woke up tomorrow and decided to disband the PIF to buy 200 superyachts and start a floating country or something. 

Building a long term self sustaining model is absolutely key.  

Meh.

In the space of 2 years we bought Isak, Bruno and Botman, got to a cup final, qualified for the CL and thrashed PSG.

Even if it all goes tits up we've had more fun in 2 years with PIF than 14 years under Ashley.

• Like 2

Staveley, a seasoned dealmaker, helped broker a £300m purchase of Newcastle United by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund from Mike Ashley in 2021. As part of that deal, she also acquired a 10 per cent stake in the club with the help of a £30.5m loan from the British billionaire Reuben brothers and is on the club’s board of directors.

A Companies House update earlier this year showed her stake has since been diluted to six per cent, with the Reuben brothers’ shares increasing.

The last set of club accounts, released in January this year, showed another of her companies and her main trading vehicle, Cantervale Ltd, received two separate payments of £312,500 and £625,000 from Newcastle, though the latter “will be refunded subsequent to the balance sheet date”.

She also received a £600,000 loan from the club “in respect of certain legal fees” on November 7, 2022. This came after she was granted a further loan of £659,056 from Newcastle on August 31 last year. These payments and loans were unanimously ratified by Newcastle’s board.