2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

He's absolutely fucking brilliant. The management team outdid themselves when they appointed him. Thank fuck Unai Emry has tiny balls. 

Listened to Caulkin's podcast earlier and they were talking about how Eddie isn't the same character as Keegan or Robson, that larger than life, exuberant, lightning rod for change. He reminds me a lot, in specific ways, of Hughton. There was a quiet, composed affable if fairly vanilla bloke who oversaw a seismic shift at the football club. The players and fans got behind him, he executed his plan on the pitch with little fanfare. We needed a steady Eddie for that period, and hoo boy do we need one now. 

Too much ego may have unsettled the existing players and put a wrinkle in the capes of our new heroes. Would Joelinton have been reborn under Emery as he is under Howe? Would we have signed the personalities we did or gone for flashier names? Howe has professionally made us professional.

It ain't sexy but it's a fucking fillip 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Listened to Caulkin's podcast earlier and they were talking about how Eddie isn't the same character as Keegan or Robson, that larger than life, exuberant, lightning rod for change. He reminds me a lot, in specific ways, of Hughton. There was a quiet, composed affable if fairly vanilla bloke who oversaw a seismic shift at the football club. The players and fans got behind him, he executed his plan on the pitch with little fanfare. We needed a steady Eddie for that period, and hoo boy do we need one now. 

Too much ego may have unsettled the existing players and put a wrinkle in the capes of our new heroes. Would Joelinton have been reborn under Emery as he is under Howe? Would we have signed the personalities we did or gone for flashier names? Howe has professionally made us professional.

It ain't sexy but it's a fucking fillip 

The Hughton comparison is a great one. They’re both really likeable blokes, without being flashy - just football obsessed coaches across the detail.

Hughton was quietly building something special before he was needlessly sacked out of the blue and replaced with the fanny rat. That’s the difference - Howe will be given the time and the resources needed. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Gemmil would definitely try to get Adam P in on the Toontastic podcast. 

"Lets go live over our lovely, rosey cheeked hunk at Benton Park.....Adam P can you hear us?"

'Hewwo Gewmwwww, sowwwy, I meayen Gewww-Dwwwwoggg'

• Haha 4

Me and Pearson together. Genuine Internet breaking potential. My wisdom and unbelievable craic. His willingness to stand outside for hours on end and incredible strut. I'm picturing us like TJ Hooker and his little Italian partner, Romano or whatever the fuck. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Me and Pearson together. Genuine Internet breaking potential. My wisdom and unbelievable craic. His willingness to stand outside for hours on end and incredible strut. I'm picturing us like TJ Hooker and his little Italian partner, Romano or whatever the fuck. 

lol GIF by britbox

Add Fish and you can be these 3

• Haha 9

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

And btw, if you think Caulkin bullies Waugh.... FUHGEDDABOUTIT! 

• Haha 4

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat