Other Games 22/23

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Anyone else watching the real match tonight? (Soccer Aid)

Some of the ex pros are still in good shape (Wilshere, Nani, Evra, Karen Carney, Defoe). Others, less so! (Totti, Carlos, Neville, Scholes, Keane)

Mate if I’m Francesco Totti, I’m going all out on living my best life until I die. If that involves getting out of shape then so be it

• Like 3

10 hours ago, strawb said:

Mate if I’m Francesco Totti, I’m going all out on living my best life until I die. If that involves getting out of shape then so be it

When Steve Harper had his testimonial I found it a little bit tragic how seriously AC Milan took it and how fit they were. Costacurta played as a DM instead of the CB role he’d played most of his career. He worked his bollocks off protecting the back four. While his fitness levels were admirable it was like sucking the life out the sort of match that should end up about 5-4 with Harper scoring a last minute penalty winner. I think it ended 0-0 with Milan winning on pens :lol: 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Mamma Mia!

1765969445_giphy(8).gif.1bcda83ddff5f48f9bbc7a518ef86b63.gif

9 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Anyone else watching the real match tonight? (Soccer Aid)

Some of the ex pros are still in good shape (Wilshere, Nani, Evra, Karen Carney, Defoe). Others, less so! (Totti, Carlos, Neville, Scholes, Keane)

:lol:

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Ignoring those who plainly enjoy celebrity culture more than actual competitive football, the Caligari boss is very familiar :D 

One trip to Bari and suddenly you're driving round on a Vespa and sipping an espresso while reading La Gazzetta dello Sport.

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

One trip to Bari and suddenly you're driving round on a Vespa and sipping an espresso while reading La Gazzetta dello Sport.

IMG_8002.jpeg.f5c705d9cb5437cd3461a0339d9600f5.jpeg

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

image.gif.29bbcb8408b86993ab1659268bba127a.gif

Tbf, my brothers new wife is actually from Bari. We’ve been discussing the possibility of winter weekends where we could do Bari v Milan/Juve etc then possibly squeeze in one of Puglia’s lesser lights like Lecce or Foggia so my sudden interest is purely self interest :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

image.gif.29bbcb8408b86993ab1659268bba127a.gif

Tbf, my brothers new wife is actually from Bari. We’ve been discussing the possibility of winter weekends where we could do Bari v Milan/Juve etc then possibly squeeze in one of Puglia’s lesser lights like Lecce or Foggia so my sudden interest is purely self interest :) 

That would be great, tbh. I'd be all over that if I was you, Rob but then you'll have a few CL trips to save for as well. :good:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

@PaddockLad is your kid's wife the one in the crowd with the tremendous arse? Delizioso!

Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

:lol: 

If it was I may have introduced

this esteemed forum to her “sparkling personality” before now 😆 they’re on honeymoon in Japan at the moment … 

• Haha 4

On 10/06/2023 at 22:04, wykikitoon said:

Enjoy @LondonBlue

My internet went Friday night around 9pm. Only been back online about half an hour. No internet = no football on my telly. Did i miss anything?

Had to go down the pub and watch it. Loved it thanks.

Didn't get to watch the parade online or glory in all the news. Honestly without the internet life isn't worth diddly (not serious just in case).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

My internet went Friday night around 9pm. Only been back online about half an hour. No internet = no football on my telly. Did i miss anything?

Had to go down the pub and watch it. Loved it thanks.

Didn't get to watch the parade online or glory in all the news. Honestly without the internet life isn't worth diddly (not serious just in case).

still there's always next year  😉

On 10/06/2023 at 20:48, Ayatollah Hermione said:

It was either on here or Twitter but I said that Stones was clearly made for a midfield role about 10 years ago and it’s shocking that it’s taken a man like Pep this long to catch on. He’s supposed to be a genius and it makes you think 

He played him in midfield early on in his reign. In the holding role. It most definitely didn't work out. I think the reason it works now is because the team all now know the patterns. And because he's Johnny, Johnny Stones, Johnny, Johnny Stones. And because he gets the Blues excited and because He f#@king hates united.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Well, that’s on Pep for shooting his load too early. If he would like me on his staff in a consultancy role, I’m happy to oblige

If i see him, i'll pass it on

• Haha 3