St James’ Park

Craig

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Any insight into how they're overcoming the challenges?

Not really, he mentions the East stand being made of glass, tbh I reckon he got that from here. I think there are plans but Edwards isn't in the know. 

• Like 1

I think Shepherd's plans had 8k at the Gallowgate so only 5k in the east stand, even by means of something spectacular, doesn't seem worth it to me - if those are the figures of course. 

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Any insight into how they're overcoming the challenges?

he reckons they’re looking into raising the east stand and gallowgate so they form a bowl using glass on the east stand so natural light isn’t blocked on leazes terrace. Fuck knows how they’re raise the east stand with the existing footprint. He also says work on the east stand would start first because the fan zone on strawberry place is due to be in place for three years 

Edited by Dr Gloom

23 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

he reckons they’re looking into raising the east stand and gallowgate so they form a bowl using glass on the east stand so natural light isn’t blocked on leazes terrace. Fuck knows how they’re raise the east stand with the existing footprint. He also says work on the east stand would start first because the fan zone on strawberry place is due to be in place for three years 

Could you have the upper tier overhanging the lower tier? 

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Why are they worrying about natural light? Is someone trying to read a book?

Think right to light is the main obstacle in getting planning permission in normal developments. Same here I imagine, not that students deserve light 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Could you have the upper tier overhanging the lower tier? 

fuck knows. It’s already super jammed getting into that part of the ground. 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I can't even begin to imagine the shit show that is going to happen in the fan base when another 13k season tickets go on sale. 

I'm going for that 100%.

Me and 100k other people :lol:

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...

All we really need is an extra 8k seats to take us to 60k and means we can host major finals etc and be a big money spinner.

I understand that Man City are doing just that to the Etihad, plus building hotels and shopping centres so imagine it will end up looking like the area around Ajaxs stadium

6 hours ago, RobElliott said:

All we really need is an extra 8k seats to take us to 60k and means we can host major finals etc and be a big money spinner.

I understand that Man City are doing just that to the Etihad, plus building hotels and shopping centres so imagine it will end up looking like the area around Ajaxs stadium

I don’t think we can host major finals due to the lack of 5 star hotels 

Option B is an optical illusion and would eat up half the pitch

Option C is what Spurs did, but they had to move to Wembley for 2 seasons to finish the ground off. We don't have that option

If we could squeeze 11,000 extra seats into option A it would give us the 2nd largest stadium in the league 😊

5 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s a nice video, but the last two options can’t happen- Leazes Terrace and Leazes Park are both listed. 

Yeah, I don’t see how option B or C work. The new expanded east stand looks great in that animation but goes almost flush against Leazes terrace. There are obvious planning and access issues stopping that from ever happening