Anthony Gordon Handsome Winger Man

Ayatollah Hermione

4 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Robert man :lol: 

That goal he scored at Anfield, FA Cup I think it was? Impossible angle and range, and you can just tell he's getting ready to thump it and you think 'dont do it you stupid greedy bastid' and he absolutely hammers it into the top corner. 

that brace of wonder goals against spurs

Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals 

• Like 2

The only negative I have about Ginola, is he chose to leave us for those Spurs cunts, funny I don't have that problem with Sir Les!

Robert, HBA, Ollie Bernard, even ASM all had the decency to either be forced out by a fuckwit manager and/or fuck off to another country.

Now N'Zogbia on the other hand, never knew what he had and deserved to end up wallowing with the beige cunts.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Now N'Zogbia on the other hand, never knew what he had and deserved to end up wallowing with the beige cunts.

Meh, I’ve never lost any sleep over Insomnia… 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Meh, I’ve never lost any sleep over Insomnia… 

Says the man at midnight on a Monday evening/Tuesday morning!

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, sammynb said:

The only negative I have about Ginola, is he chose to leave us for those Spurs cunts, funny I don't have that problem with Sir Les!

Robert, HBA, Ollie Bernard, even ASM all had the decency to either be forced out by a fuckwit manager and/or fuck off to another country.

The negative I have is he, along with Ferdinand, shit himself in the business end of a title race. Spurs was a fitting move.

7 hours ago, sammynb said:

wasn’t he pretty much forced out with Sir Les? We had just become a PLC and needed to raise funds to buy Dalgliesh’s decrepit pals.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

wasn’t he pretty much forced out with Sir Les? We had just become a PLC and needed to raise funds to buy Dalgliesh’s decrepit pals.

Yep, Dalglish didn't fancy him at all. Anyone would have left under the circumstances.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Yep, Dalglish didn't fancy him at all. Anyone would have left under the circumstances.

Shearer didn’t fancy him and his fate was sealed when Dalglish replaced KK and also didn’t think he grafted enough.  

7 hours ago, MMXXVIII said:

The negative I have is he, along with Ferdinand, shit himself in the business end of a title race. Spurs was a fitting move.

There was more than those two like. Problem that team had was, until Batty was signed in the January, not s single one of them had that experience of winning the league. That said, if they’d beat Man Utd at home or maybe even just drawn, which they were desperately unlucky not to, they’d probably have gone on and won it anyway 

• Like 1

I think a lot of transfers both in and out under Dalglish and Souness are deeply fuckin suspicious. Probably the fag end of the English “brown envelope” era :cuppa: 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 2

Just now, PaddockLad said:

I think a lot of transfers both in and out under Dalglish and Souness are deeply fuck suspicious. Probably the fag end of the English “brown envelope” era :cuppa: 

Ian Rush was my fav. The bloke couldn’t even move.

• Haha 3

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

Ian Rush was my fav. The bloke couldn’t even move.

He was fucking finished at Leeds. Barnes and Pearce weren’t bad signings. 

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

Shearer didn’t fancy him and his fate was sealed when Dalglish replaced KK and also didn’t think he grafted enough.  

Shearer didn’t fancy Les Ferdinand as a strike partner?…surprised at anyone saying that. I thought  Shearer was on record as saying LF was one of his favourite strike partners?… he always wanted someone to do his donkey work iyam…Dowie, Newell,Sutton, Ferguson etc etc..,

Just now, PaddockLad said:

Shearer didn’t fancy Les Ferdinand as a strike partner?…surprised at anyone saying that. I thought  Shearer was on record as saying LF was one of his favourite strike partners?… he always wanted someone to do his donkey work iyam…Dowie, Newell,Sutton, Ferguson etc etc..,

I meant Ginola 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

There was more than those two like. Problem that team had was, until Batty was signed in the January, not s single one of them had that experience of winning the league. That said, if they’d beat Man Utd at home or maybe even just drawn, which they were desperately unlucky not to, they’d probably have gone on and won it anyway 

Beardsley and Batty but your point stands. Slight formation change didn't help when asprilla came in and Neville fucking over Gillespie at OT and put him out till the run in didn't help either.

• Like 2

Just now, Alex said:

He was fucking finished at Leeds. Barnes and Pearce weren’t bad signings. 

Aye. Barnes could at least play football, even if his best days were behind him. He was technically still good and pretty strong. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Beardsley and Batty but your point stands. Slight formation change didn't help when asprilla came in and Neville fucking over Gillespie at OT and put him out till the run in didn't help either.

Beardsley, of course. How could I forget? Think KK would’ve been more pragmatic later in his managerial career too. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

Also when we got no luck the doubts crept in, we didn't handle adversity well. Man U at home was a real blow but we had loads of games left and a lead, Blackburn away and Liverpool away, especially Blackburn when taking the lead with about ten or something minutes to go, to lose 2-1? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Also when we got no luck the doubts crept in, we didn't handle adversity well. Man U at home was a real blow but we had loads of games left and a lead, Blackburn away and Liverpool away, especially Blackburn when taking the lead with about ten or something minutes to go, to lose 2-1? 

Aye. Batty of all people scored and Fenton then got two late goals. After that it really felt like it wasn’t meant to be. They played really well too. 

• Like 1

There was also a 2-0 loss to West Ham where we battered them and Tino missed a hatful that cost us. 

I don't like picking out single moments or people as it was a combination of everything really but in hindsight I think overall it was the experience of knowing how to win it that did it. 

As Keegan said if we'd won that one, we'd probably have won more. 

• Like 3