happy howe's masters of the early goal, wembley bound warriors v misery moyesy's relegation haunted , olympic stadium squatters

thebrokendoll

Bellamy produced..............

The thing with ASM is our fans have been crying out for him to start.  The same fans that are saying 'trust eddie' but then moan when ASM isn't starting.  He showed yesterday why he isn't starting. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

widely thought coventry had our eyes out when robson brought him in for £6.5m

was impressed with gordon when he came on yesterday, looked anything but a headless chook. excited to see how he develops, would certainly be starting before your mate asm next weekend..... :)

Yeah, but we missed out on Francis Jeffers iirc. I guess that piece of Robson serendipity was more than  evened out by us ending up with fucking Hugo Viana rather than Ronaldo. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, Rosco said:

As already mentiond some players are looking jaded/knackered plus all teams go through a sticky patch during a season......next game start Gordon & Isak and give Bourmouth a good hiding ,biggest problem yesterday was midfield lost posseion so many times nobody stamped their authority on the gameNewcastle United Sport GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

Stamping his authority was the problem :smile:

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, Renton said:

Yeah, but we missed out on Francis Jeffers iirc. I guess that piece of Robson serendipity was more than  evened out by us ending up with fucking Hugo Viana rather than Ronaldo. 

Zenden was meant to be the first choice ahead of Robert too iirc 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Renton said:

We signed Viana the year before Ronaldo went to Man Utd but yeah..both from Sporting Lisbon… I’d never connected that before :lol: 

I love a moody French Winger, I think my record on that is manifest.. however, for this manager, in this team, with our current situation, we need to be starting Gordon in the next game.

The way we're set up, the way we savage opponents with our intelligent pressing, it just doesn't work if the left side is not 100% on it. Saint-Maximin needs confidence, a run of games and to see a lot of the ball in those games and without Bruno on form and on fire in the middle, we don't create the right kind of possession to get the most out of ASM. Way better as an impact sub right now. But, when he is introduced as an impact sub, we have to actually use him to make an impact. Last few games he's come on with 25 minutes to go and not really impacted the game because we're not releasing the balls to the flank quickly enough. We're still looking to play it through the centre first then out wide, or trying to hit through balls for the central striker. Neither get the most out of him. He needs to receive the ball closer to the half way line, so he can commit defenders, drag them out of their shape and create opportunities with a pass, or for himself. 

Instead he's receiving the ball high up the pitch when the opponents are entrenched in their area. 

Honestly think we've been unfortunate that we've never really had a run of games with ASM, Bruno, Isak and Wilson all fit and available at the same time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I love a moody French Winger, I think my record on that is manifest.. however, for this manager, in this team, with our current situation, we need to be starting Gordon in the next game.

The way we're set up, the way we savage opponents with our intelligent pressing, it just doesn't work if the left side is not 100% on it. Saint-Maximin needs confidence, a run of games and to see a lot of the ball in those games and without Bruno on form and on fire in the middle, we don't create the right kind of possession to get the most out of ASM. Way better as an impact sub right now. But, when he is introduced as an impact sub, we have to actually use him to make an impact. Last few games he's come on with 25 minutes to go and not really impacted the game because we're not releasing the balls to the flank quickly enough. We're still looking to play it through the centre first then out wide, or trying to hit through balls for the central striker. Neither get the most out of him. He needs to receive the ball closer to the half way line, so he can commit defenders, drag them out of their shape and create opportunities with a pass, or for himself. 

Instead he's receiving the ball high up the pitch when the opponents are entrenched in their area. 

Honestly think we've been unfortunate that we've never really had a run of games with ASM, Bruno, Isak and Wilson all fit and available at the same time. 

agreed. there were signs that he was linking up well with isak when they played together. i also think he would look better with targett behind him than burn, who doesn't overlap in the same way. 

it doesn't defend his performance on saturday, which was piss poor. 

• Like 1