Wor Eddie's Fuck The Draw Bastards v Eriks Schmoking the Pancake School Meal Wankers - AKA The League Cup Final + Gemmill Loves Excel

wykikitoon

15 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Yeah, but what did your eyes tell you about the games, were they fair results? Were there many chances in each? Were Bournemouth lucky to get the 0? Howay, what do your eyes tell us about those games?

Ya Gonk.

Nowt, I didn't watch them so other than the score, what do I care. other than was it a better result for us Y/N ?

1 minute ago, trophyshy said:

This is worse than losing the final. 

Daft fucker Gemmill started it this morning, 7 day ban? 

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

No, people are saying unmitigated horsepiss, that is refuted by the stats and personal testimony. 

It used to be the case that Jimmy said X and Tyrese said Y and the two of them could argue back and forth forever. Now, Tyrese shows a stat that backs up his claim so Jimmy can stfu orrrrr Jimmy can dismiss the validity of the stat and they can have a circular argument about that instead.

It's neither bollocks, nor irrelevant. It's an integral part of the professional game now, both in coaching, scouting and punditry and yes, even arguments on messageboards.

So Dave’s stat based analysis is the only valid way of seeing things? @Andrew shut this place down, put the Patreon money on black or red :lol:

• Haha 2

Just now, Toonpack said:

Nowt, I didn't watch them so other than the score, what do I care. other than was it a better result for us Y/N ?

Ok, but thanks to the magic of not being wilfully ignorant and the wonders of xG I can see that West Ham were good value for their win (1.8) and Bournemouth deserved nothing (0.4). Whereas Southampton had some really good chances (1.9) and Brighton had fuck all (0.3), so the score didn't reflect the balance of the chances. 

Just now, The Fish said:

Ok, but thanks to the magic of not being wilfully ignorant and the wonders of xG I can see that West Ham were good value for their win (1.8) and Bournemouth deserved nothing (0.4). Whereas Southampton had some really good chances (1.9) and Brighton had fuck all (0.3), so the score didn't reflect the balance of the chances. 

and that matters to NUFC (or you for that matter) why exactly ??

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Daft fucker Gemmill started it this morning, 7 day ban? 

So Dave’s stat based analysis is the only valid way of seeing things? @Andrew shut this place down, put the Patreon money on black or red :lol:

I tell you what your eyes don't help you with, they don't help you see that throughout all of this I've been saying xG is there to provide additional context and to refute testimonies given in bad faith. Not exclusive context, additional context. 

3 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

and that matters to NUFC (or you for that matter) why exactly ??

Because knowing whether or not a team is creating/conceding chances in their other games, or games against teams with a similar set up to us gives me a better idea of what might happen in our game, how best we might get a result. If I know that Everton are giving up loads of chances but are reliant on Pickford to dig out a result I can continue my one man crusade against the ill proportioned chav.

It's more information on a subject I want to know more information about.

Also it matters to Newcastle because they'll be able to better tailor the match plan to counter the threat or capitalise on the weakness.

Edited by The Fish

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Gloom mentioned xG and the fucking Last of the Summer Wine crew turned up, is what happened, ACTUALLY. 

Au contraire, Gloom mentioned it and I simply made an observation, you challenged there was no evidence to support aforesaid observation, I produced evidence (copious amounts) and you flounced.

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

Au contraire, Gloom mentioned it and I simply made an observation, you challenged there was no evidence to support aforesaid observation, I produced evidence (copious amounts) and you flounced.

Then I produced even more information to disprove your assertion.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Because knowing whether or not a team is creating/conceding chances in their other games, or games against teams with a similar set up to us gives me a better idea of what might happen in our game, how best we might get a result. If I know that Everton are giving up loads of chances but are reliant on Pickford to dig out a result I can continue my one man crusade against the ill proportioned chav.

It's more information on a subject I want to know more information about.

And then the game happens in front of your eyes and all the variables kick in and hey presto, it means fuck all.

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Ah his fucking magic eyes can't tell him who had the better chances when he doesn't watch the game. 

Well guess what can tell you. 

FUCKING GUEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS. 

2 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Yeah Gemmill had to be punching down on someone, as per, it’s as natural as breathing to him :cuppa:

4 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

And then the game happens in front of your eyes and all the variables kick in and hey presto, it means fuck all.

If you think that in todays professional game the coaches and analysts won't use every minute detail to gain an advantage in whatever fine margin they can, you're out of your GOD DAMN MIND, sir.

Also means you make a bit of money on games you don't care about. 

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Ah his fucking magic eyes can't tell him who had the better chances when he doesn't watch the game. 

Well guess what can tell you. 

FUCKING GUEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS. 

And none of it matters except the final score.

p.s. why would anyone give a flying fuck who had the better chances in a game of zero interest to me other than what the FINAL score may mean in relation to NUFC

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

If you think that in todays professional game the coaches and analysts won't use every minute detail to gain an advantage in whatever fine margin they can, you're out of your GOD DAMN MIND, sir.

Also means you make a bit of money on games you don't care about. 

I don't doubt it but I (and the members of this board) are not professional coaches and analysts. I am a spectator, end of.

I don't bet - mugs game. (and if I did, I certainly wouldn't bet using a formula which has a 40% chance of being wrong)

Edited by Toonpack