Wor Eddie's Fuck The Draw Bastards v Eriks Schmoking the Pancake School Meal Wankers - AKA The League Cup Final + Gemmill Loves Excel

wykikitoon

Some good replies in this thread, apart from the obvious 'gutted' line I'm struggling to add anything, but then again, I'm just struggling after being on the piss all day yesterday. It's been mentioned that Wilson is clearly struggling himself with something and I think it's fairly obvious, also obvious is the fact that if we score their first it's disallowed, where there's a will, there's a way and they would've found a way to chalk it off if it was in fanny hair territory but give it to them in the same scenario. We've just got to become so good where shit like this becomes irrelevant. Very downbeat, the Liverpool game would've been forgotten if we win yesterday but now it's two costly defeats to two of the biggest cunts on the planet. 

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Rosco said:

I doubt EH will make big changes for Man City game but.........I'd like to see ASM / Isak / Gordon as a front three and give Almiron & Wilson a rest

Wilson was the worst player on the pitch. Time (if he's fit) to make Isak the main man. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s left us short in the short term to  give us much more leverage in the summer though. Thing is - who’s to say anyone would buy Wood for that sort of fee in the summer? Then you might be saddled with a forward who was just a stop gap. Shelvey had that extension clause and would be difficult to move on too if that had been triggered. 
What if Maddison or a similar type of player wasn’t available but us in the summer? Obviously that’s hypothetical but if Maddison is a target it’s unlikely Leicester would’ve sold him in January and jeopardise PL status. January isn’t the ideal time to buy. 12 months ago was different as we were absolutely desperate to get bodies in. 
Re: Gordon. That was securing a long term target who was eventually available at the price we were willing to pay. I know what you mean about certain clubs performing below what you’d expect, meaning a top 4 spot is potentially up for grabs. But the club’s only fucked up if they chose not to sign the right sort of players in the last window. Which seems unlikely.
The other thing is we’ll definitely come under more scrutiny than anyone around FFP. 

The delay in announcing a load of new sponsors is a strange one. I appreciate we are tied to the shirt sponsor, but sponsoring the stadium for £50mil a season is still on the table surely? 

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The delay in announcing a load of new sponsors is a strange one. I appreciate we are tied to the shirt sponsor, but sponsoring the stadium for £50mil a season is still on the table surely? 

Yeah. I’m sure there’s a good reason for it. We can get more if we’re a CL team and we’re still in with a shout there. Not got a clue about accounting etc but perhaps there’s a need for it to be done after the season end. Maybe they want everything to be absolutely double checked from a legal pov too. 

I don’t think we’re going to Man City on Saturday lunch time with Targett at left back tbh.  And suggesting changing what was working brilliantly before the World Cup break during the January window with the benefit of hindsight in late February is a bit bizarre. Dan Burn wasn’t a great attacking option pre WC but we weren’t letting any goals in then 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 3

I thought Burm was better second half. He pushed on more because he had to. Alright he’s not going to create a lot but we know that anyway. Also he looked nervous first half. There was one time where he had a chance to go in and win the ball, hesitated and got done by a bit of trickery. Second half the situation kind of released the pressure. He had more of a nothing to lose mentality and went thundering into challenges. That’s the way he needs to play tbh. I’m not advocating him snapping players in half because you’ll just get a straight red but he’s better getting stuck in when the ball’s there to be won. Mouth of the Tyne is a fucking gobshite tbh and he’s not saying anything anyone with half a brain and a functioning pair of eyes couldn’t suss out. All of our threat has been down the right all season. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

The reality is that we're still a club in the early stages of transition. And you get a few months a year, and only one month within the season to implement the transition plan.

So at any one time outside of transfer windows, that's what we're going to look like. A freeze frame of a club that is undergoing massive change. That'll be especially the case in the second half of the season where you gets the bits of business done in the January that you can. 

Sometimes you'll look like you've fucked up, but it's just cos you can't neatly iterate a version of what the finished article will look like.

i was speaking to a man city fan in the pub last night who reminded me it took a few years of rebuilding before they started winning things. he was comparing where we are now to their transition season when hughes was man city manager and bought in players who would bridge the gap (adabayor, bellamy, bridge, lescott etc). the only one who really was the level where they wanted to get to was kompany. - and he was signed before their takeover.

he was impressed with who we have signed so far as they bought plenty of flops during their transition period - robinho, roque santa cruz, jo - remember him? and a few others i can't recall as i was steaming, but he was surprised at how controlled our spending has been and reckons we'll go through the gears in the summer window.  reckoned we could potentially replace howe next season if we're not on track too. i had to take that up with him. i get the sense these owners are going to be controlled with the manager's position as well as with the spending. 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

i was speaking to a man city fan in the pub last night who reminded me it took a few years of rebuilding before they started winning things. he was comparing where we are now to their transition season when hughes was man city manager and bought in players who would bridge the gap (adabayor, bellamy, bridge, lescott etc). the only one who really was the level where they wanted to get to was kompany. - and he was signed before their takeover.

he was impressed with who we have signed so far as they bought plenty of flops during their transition period - robinho, roque santa cruz, jo - remember him? and a few others i can't recall as i was steaming, but he was surprised at how controlled our spending has been and reckons we'll go through the gears in the summer window.  reckoned we could potentially replace howe next season if we're not on track too. i had to take that up with him. i get the sense these owners are going to be controlled with the manager's position as well as with the spending. 

Kompany was key to them, I wan't aware he was pre-takeover. I like to think Botman will be our Kompany. He's doing a fantastic job at Burnley btw.  

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Kompany was key to them, I wan't aware he was pre-takeover. I like to think Botman will be our Kompany. He's doing a fantastic job at Burnley btw.  

Not Bruno?

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Not Bruno?

Just more the fact he was a CB. Would think Bruno would be more like someone like Viera, Keane, or maybe Silva (although not siuggesting he is on their level yet). 

Finally home. What a tit :lol: 

Luckily the ticket lady found it very funny. Had to stand the 3 hour journey home though.

Nelson’s column was roped off and being cleansed of Northerness as I left this morning.

AA06A1D3-2487-4922-8753-17DDA686087D.png.978ab4a996c8a5577a9e7c9b91aed4b1.png

However one scarf remains :lol: 

C0ECFDCC-ABEF-49E8-AE64-374BAE469DE2.jpeg.32d89789a16a3e2d08e76e49d984d451.jpeg

Also discovered new breakfast cuisine. Fry up on pancakes!

52C87D50-BB3C-416D-9665-1FF61FCF6F29.jpeg.7305edf8b15271051ddf7c28a1516be6.jpeg

Edited by Christmas Tree
  • Jaysus... 1

22 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Finally home. What a tit :lol: 

Luckily the ticket lady found it very funny. Had to stand the 3 hour journey home though.

Nelson’s column was roped off and being cleansed of Northerness as I left this morning.

AA06A1D3-2487-4922-8753-17DDA686087D.png.978ab4a996c8a5577a9e7c9b91aed4b1.png

However one scarf remains :lol: 

C0ECFDCC-ABEF-49E8-AE64-374BAE469DE2.jpeg.32d89789a16a3e2d08e76e49d984d451.jpeg

Also discovered new breakfast cuisine. Fry up on pancakes!

52C87D50-BB3C-416D-9665-1FF61FCF6F29.jpeg.7305edf8b15271051ddf7c28a1516be6.jpeg

Fucking Hell man. 

Just... Fucking Hell. 

Give Up Conan GIF by Team Coco

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Just more the fact he was a CB. Would think Bruno would be more like someone like Viera, Keane, or maybe Silva (although not siuggesting he is on their level yet). 

Yeah. Kompany was more of 5 (or a 4) whereas Bruno’s more of a 6 (or an 8 ). And a 10

Luckily I’ve missed all the analysis of this sort apart from on here.

All that mentality stuff will come in time.

We’ve had a great season so far which has fell a bit flat due to other teams sussing out our right wing threat and us not having any real other answers or a squad depth to do much about it. Rome in a day and all that.

And I don’t mind how anyone decides to “comfort” themselves during this process.

Ive comforted myself by telling myself I’ve been to a massive rave in London and there happened to be a match on.

Mind, if I have to wait this long again for a final I’ll be fucking 80 :( 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Good retort Tbf. Does anyone actually take any notice of True Faith any more? We didn’t lose that match because of a losing mentality. 

• Like 3