Unai "Nee Baals" Emery's Beige Renaissance vs Eddie "Baals in a Wheelbarrow" Howe's UNSTOPPABLE Lunchtime Mags

Gemmill

Aye, I think the fallout (I imagine there is on a social media) about it will be mega as that was by far the worse performance of the season. And also something we haven't been used to in over a year now. But if you look at it in black and white I would have taken your hand off for 5 points over the past 3 games and we've achieved 6 so im overall happy.

Only worry is that we seem to shipping chances which we haven't done all season.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Aye, I think the fallout (I imagine there is on a social media) about it will be mega as that was by far the worse performance of the season. And also something we haven't been used to in over a year now. But if you look at it in black and white I would have taken your hand off for 5 points over the past 3 games and we've achieved 6 so im overall happy.

Only worry is that we seem to shipping chances which we haven't done all season.

100% agree with this. we'd all have taken a win and two draws from those three away games. we've come away with 6 points but it feels worse because of the way we lost. 

30 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

100% agree with this. we'd all have taken a win and two draws from those three away games. we've come away with 6 points but it feels worse because of the way we lost. 

Aye, it's the psychology of it. Like if Arsenal had come back from 2 goals down yesterday it might have felt like a positive, but throwing away a 2 goal lead is a psycological blow. I would have bitten your hands off for these points tbh. 

But, is there a nagging doubt after Brentford first half and Villa that sides have discovered a way of beating us, by playing us at our own game? I think maybe, but not sure many sides could pull it off. 

Looking forward to fuckling smashing spurs, ripping their head off with their spinal cord still dangling, and tossing them into oblivion. I think only Liverpool have beaten us at home since 2021, is that right? They will be shitting it and never have we got a better chance to get back on the horse. 

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

shame it's the 2pm kick off time and not an evening game under the floodlights with a raucous sjp full of beer 

I think we'll (fans) be well up for it and it'll be very loud. I don't know why, but I always associate Spurs as a "day time" game for us. 

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

I think we'll (fans) be well up for it and it'll be very loud. I don't know why, but I always associate Spurs as a "day time" game for us. 

I always associate away games at Goodison as being night games and difficult yet rare weekend afternoon games seem to be a lot more tranquil and fruitful, it's why I'm not taking anything for granted when we play them on Thursday night after Spurs. 

21 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I always associate away games at Goodison as being night games and difficult yet rare weekend afternoon games seem to be a lot more tranquil and fruitful, it's why I'm not taking anything for granted when we play them on Thursday night after Spurs. 

Let me provide you with a G-Man guarantee:

Spurs and Everton = 6 points.

image.gif.50b9ecc0674ab6bb7f3dddbb7d1c2265.gif

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Let me provide you with a G-Man guarantee:

Spurs and Everton = 6 points.

image.gif.50b9ecc0674ab6bb7f3dddbb7d1c2265.gif

That sounds a bit like my mates guarantee whenever they've done a job for me. It's called 'The Driveway Guarantee' it's only valid till they walk off my driveway. :lol:

• Haha 6

I was hoping for min 7 points from those three away games but expecting 9 whats pissed me off more is the way we bent over and got humped

18 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

shame it's the 2pm kick off time and not an evening game under the floodlights with a raucous sjp full of beer 

To be fair, if our lot is anything to go by, only a 12:30 kick off can stop us being full of beer - but I'm thankful for the 2pm as I like to remember the bloody games :D

• Haha 1