Unai "Nee Baals" Emery's Beige Renaissance vs Eddie "Baals in a Wheelbarrow" Howe's UNSTOPPABLE Lunchtime Mags

Gemmill

Only thing worse than a Saturday lunchtime loss is a Friday night loss. Taints the whole weekend. 

Bleached hair needs to go for next match, too many blonde moments from both of them. 

37 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

More than that, they've played with an air of complacency that we never even attempted to disrupt. Once they started with the playacting we should've gone on with a proper reducer on one of the culprits - Moreno the chief diver, but Young and Buendia offering plenty in that department as well - and put them on notice that we weren't going to put up with that shite. They never looked like they knew they were in a game, they looked like they were on the training ground and we did nothing to disabuse them of that notion. 

I don't think they were complacent at all, if anyone was it was us. They turned up, and sure they conned the ref constantly, but you can get away with at home when you get to the ball first. Shit to watch and frustrating as fuck.

• Like 1

A poor game let’s hope it’s just a blip we deserved what we got and let’s be honest 3-0 did not flatter Villa at all. Need to get a big response next week v Spurs. Oh well shit happens I guess. Worst performance of the season by miles. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Missed Longstaff tbh, way too much room for them in midfield.

Also seems the inverse of what xG demonstrates is nearer the truth.

Agreed Longstaff often gets a lot of flak but he’s our most disciplined CM, as much as Bruno and Joelinton bring to the table they tend to prefer a freer role which allowed Villa so much space today especially with the overload they already had. Longstaff needs to start next game tbh. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I've not seen any of the game but sounds like we didn't deserve it. I wonder why Targett isn't getting in over Burn though. 

Targett came on on 68 mins today. Don't think it'll be long before he gets a start.

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Man some of the reaction online 😂

I've not seen it, but I'm gonna hazard a guess it's the exact opposite to the over confidence displayed by some in dismissing emery's villa as a team that's only beaten shite prior to the match?

I mean it's fair to say we were awful today, but villa were very, very good, it was never gonna be an easy game.

:lol:

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I've not seen it, but I'm gonna hazard a guess it's the exact opposite to the over confidence displayed by some in dismissing emery's villa as a team that's only beaten shite prior to the match?

I mean it's fair to say we were awful today, but villa were very, very good, it was never gonna be an easy game.

Basically Eddie Needs shooting along with Gordon 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

I've not seen any of the game but sounds like we didn't deserve it. I wonder why Targett isn't getting in over Burn though. 

He come on and immediately fucked up in the lead up to the third. Burn has been on a poor run but Targett isn’t the player people make him out to be he’s looked a liability every time he’s seen the pitch this season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Howay said:

He come on and immediately fucked up in the lead up to the third. Burn has been on a poor run but Targett isn’t the player people make him out to be he’s looked a liability every time he’s seen the pitch this season. 

I'm thinking more of giving Burn some rotation. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

Me and you could have controlled the game today against our lot, Joelinton and Bruno were fucking appalling and the less said about our full backs the better. Villa did play well but honestly we stood off them and allowed them so much time and space, it was similar to West Ham gifting us the win the other week for me. 

• Like 2

Anyone who thinks I'm giving Villa any credit can RAM IT UP THEIR SHITPIPE.

They're on a run. It will end.

And Bournemouth have just beaten Spurs, so it's as you were in the race for Top 4.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

you fucked up as thread starter, no amount of fiddling with figures will alter that.

there's a coup afoot to overthrow you.

15 points from 18, bitch! Find me anyone with a better return.

I'm the MVP.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

15 points from 18, bitch! Find me anyone with a better return.

I'm the MVP.

I went on a 7 game unbeaten run and was mercilessly cast aside.

you're fooling only yourself if you think knives aren't being sharpened.

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I went on a 7 game unbeaten run and was mercilessly cast aside.

you're fooling only yourself if you think knives aren't being sharpened.

You sound like you think I should have continued, and I AGREE. But moves have already taken place and I've been cast aside. VERY POOR.

Way I recall you departing the scene was you'd managed something pathetic like 11 from 21, and then you turned up with a tremble in your voice talking about how you didn't know if you had it in you anymore.

And from nowhere Toonpack (ACTUAL FUCKING TOONPACK!) snuck in, did two games, and it all got too much for him too.

Understandable at your ages that it all got a bit heavy. It took the sheer audacity of youth to serve up 5 wins in 6.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

You sound like you think I should have continued, and I AGREE. But moves have already taken place and I've been cast aside. VERY POOR.

Way I recall you departing the scene was you'd managed something pathetic like 11 from 21, and then you turned up with a tremble in your voice talking about how you didn't know if you had it in you anymore.

And from nowhere Toonpack (ACTUAL FUCKING TOONPACK!) snuck in, did two games, and it all got too much for him too.

Understandable at your ages that it all got a bit heavy. It took the sheer audacity of youth to serve up 5 wins in 6.

the bleatings of a condemned man.

• Haha 3