Unai "Nee Baals" Emery's Beige Renaissance vs Eddie "Baals in a Wheelbarrow" Howe's UNSTOPPABLE Lunchtime Mags

Gemmill

3 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

There's no excuse for this performance but we have had STONE NOTHING off the "officials" today. Nothing. Not a peep. One of the most one-eyed referees you'll see all season. Conned by every bit of amateur play-acting from these beige wankers. 

Shithousery at its best today from Villa........but the ref has helped them a lot

Edited by Rosco
  • Like 3

Awful today, their players have had acres of space all game, embarrassingly so. Unfortunately our defence not having a good one has coincidentally enough linked in to our midfield being totally AWOL. We're third as we play as a unit, wander from that and this is the result. Hopefully there's a lesson to be learned because this'll cost us CL without a doubt if it isn't addressed. Shocking.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

LrSZorv.png

He looks the closest we've come to one so far, but it's very early days. Get an Eddie Howe pre season under his belt and things will look different.

• Like 1

Nothing. There is no excuse. We would do very wrong to think badly of external agents. Today the game is horrible on our part.

The post saved us in minute 1 for starting asleep, but in minute 15 Aston Villa had already scored a goal, two shots at the post and Pope had saved two goals with two saves with his feet.

Very bad team game. We were able to wake up in the second half, in the first 15 minutes. And with the departure of Wilson and Almiron it seemed that a tie could come.

It has saved us and given an extra life that Watkins was a few centimeters ahead, but Villa were able to kill the game there and they didn't.

Anyway, they have achieved it minutes later.

It's time to do self-criticism.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

Awful today, their players have had acres of space all game, embarrassingly so. Unfortunately our defence not having a good one has coincidentally enough linked in to our midfield being totally AWOL. We're third as we play as a unit, wander from that and this is the result. Hopefully there's a lesson to be learned because this'll cost us CL without a doubt if it isn't addressed. Shocking.

More than that, they've played with an air of complacency that we never even attempted to disrupt. Once they started with the playacting we should've gone on with a proper reducer on one of the culprits - Moreno the chief diver, but Young and Buendia offering plenty in that department as well - and put them on notice that we weren't going to put up with that shite. They never looked like they knew they were in a game, they looked like they were on the training ground and we did nothing to disabuse them of that notion. 

• Like 5

Slight positive I guess is we didn't give up. Straw clutching I know.

I fucking hate Villa like. They're right up there for me, absolute wankers. And having Birmingham as England's second city is an absolute embarrassment. Not one redeeming feature in that boring shithole. The only decent thing to come out of the West Midlands in general is the M6.

• Like 1

Hopefully this is a wake up call for our lot. We were horrible. Truly horrible. Maybe that run of away games was one too many for us to maintain the required intensity. Back home next week for Spurs. We'll respond for sure. There's no doubt about it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, toonotl said:

Hopefully this is a wake up call for our lot. We were horrible. Truly horrible. Maybe that run of away games was one too many for us to maintain the required intensity. Back home next week for Spurs. We'll respond for sure. There's no doubt about it.

They'll have to

• Like 2

We played badly but a lot of that was down to how good Villa were. We can't have any complaints, Villa were all over us from start to finish. Emery took Howe to school with the way Villa nullified us in midfield. And obviously Watkins had an absolute stormer, which can also be linked to Emery's coaching given he's supposedly had Watkins change the runs he makes into the box. Spurs next week is literally the perfect game to make a response given our positions in the league and ambitions for top 4. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 4

Urghh, I also spunked up £30 for a BT Sports pass to watch this shit, because it covers 3 away matches. The others are teams I hate nearly as much as Villa, Everton and Leeds. If we lose them like this I'm going fucking postal. 

• Like 2