Sandro Tonali

wykikitoon

It was a great response from the crowd and shows how United the club is, on and off the pitch.

Howe was clever to push him forwards to take the crowd’s applause like that. Yes, he let the club and supporters down. It’s also a catastrophic mistake for his career and he must be devastated. But knowing the crowd are with him will surely motivate him to come back stronger. 

• Like 3

Mackem all over this alleged Facebook Post from Tonali. Not questioning why it's a different name, a blurred adult image in the  avatar, and would have been made when he was 11 years old. Almost like they have an agenda. 

Beppe Riso:

"You saw the reaction by Newcastle fans. Sandro will pay for his mistakes, but not for things he didn’t do."

"Someone started to condemn Tonali in the media without knowing the reality. I just hope the sanction will be correct."

21 hours ago, Renton said:

Mackem all over this alleged Facebook Post from Tonali. Not questioning why it's a different name, a blurred adult image in the  avatar, and would have been made when he was 11 years old. Almost like they have an agenda. 

Saw this on RTG a while back. People jumped straight on it without questioning it, purely because he plays for us.

If it were real then he would have deleted it years ago, and wouldn't have been screenshot back when he was a youth player in Italy. Unless Adam Johnson was trawling through FB looking for material for his alone time 12 years ago and stumbled upon it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

Saw this on RTG a while back. People jumped straight on it without questioning it, purely because he plays for us.

If it were real then he would have deleted it years ago, and wouldn't have been screenshot back when he was a youth player in Italy. Unless Adam Johnson was trawling through FB looking for material for his alone time 12 years ago and stumbled upon it.

Aye. None of it makes sense. Why is the name wrong? I literally can't see him refernced as that anywhere else. How many 11 year olds has photoshop skills to do this, with 2011 IT? And Bolotelli was playing for Man city for over a year by that time, so where's the motive even? And even if it was him, he would have been a minor.

Thing is, they're attempting to use this as evidence Newcastle is a racist city. The brass neck of these insular,  backward, Brexiter, Tommy Robinson wannabe cunts is staggering. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye. None of it makes sense. Why is the name wrong? I literally can't see him refernced as that anywhere else. How many 11 year olds has photoshop skills to do this, with 2011 IT? And Bolotelli was playing for Man city for over a year by that time, so where's the motive even? And even if it was him, he would have been a minor.

Thing is, they're attempting to use this as evidence Newcastle is a racist city. The brass neck of these insular,  backward, Brexiter, Tommy Robinson wannabe cunts is staggering. 

I thought maybe adding ino to the end of a name may have been the Italian equivalent of adding Ito at the end of Spanish names. I think in Spanish it means little <insert name> to infer they are say Sandro junior. But that doesn't even seem the case, it's just a different name.

Balotelli would have been a hero to most young, Italian aspiring footy players at the time I would have guessed. Tonali was on the books of a team at that point too and despite Italy's rubbish handling of football racism I really doubt he'd have gotten away with something as abhorrent as that post.

13 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I thought maybe adding ino to the end of a name may have been the Italian equivalent of adding Ito at the end of Spanish names. I think in Spanish it means little <insert name> to infer they are say Sandro junior. But that doesn't even seem the case, it's just a different name.

Balotelli would have been a hero to most young, Italian aspiring footy players at the time I would have guessed. Tonali was on the books of a team at that point too and despite Italy's rubbish handling of football racism I really doubt he'd have gotten away with something as abhorrent as that post.

GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Like 1

Why do they keep saying “you defend his gambling addiction” as if he’s done some completely unforgivable act :lol:. I agree he should be punished as he broke the rules but it’s not some egregious act, he allegedly put some money on his team to win a game of football, it’s not like he sexually assaulted a child - that would be a weird thing to support a player through imo. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Exactly. The only reason I'm aware of that this is even an offence is because of the potential for match fixing and inside knowledge to come into play. In the absence of those two things, this is literally just engaging in an action that the rest of us do plenty of times throughout our lives.

Yes it's an offence and he should be punished, but that's because of what could end up happening if it's not curtailed quite strongly, not because it is morally wrong in and of itself.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Exactly. The only reason I'm aware of that this is even an offence is because of the potential for match fixing and inside knowledge to come into play. In the absence of those two things, this is literally just engaging in an action that the rest of us do plenty of times throughout our lives.

Yes it's an offence and he should be punished, but that's because of what could end up happening if it's not curtailed quite strongly, not because it is morally wrong in and of itself.

Could that be why someone would support a certain Mr A Johnson?

• Haha 4

:lol: Apparently the scousers are wound up about this as well. I’ll help him out a bit, Toney played for another 5 or so months while the proceedings were ongoing in the pictured game he was banned, Tonali isn’t suspended yet but soon will be and he will be in the same situation Toney was in here. 

I mean I also have read the post a couple of times and have no idea what point he’s even trying to make, so showing support for a lad that’s got a gambling addiction, has fucked up, then held his hands up when caught is a terrible thing? I suppose we could all wear t shirts to protest a player being banned after racially abusing a player, or after he bit another player?

• Like 2

Aye that is a weird one tbh. How is supporting a player with a gambling addiction and showing them they're still loved "a disgrace to people who seriously struggle with gambling addictions". Surely they should feel encouraged by this, as well as the potential knock on effect of thousands of people having a reason to find some compassion over the issue.

Seriously people are just twisting on for the absolute sake of it on this and yet again it has nothing to do with the issue in hand, and everything to do with being emotionally feeble and insecure about the rise of our club.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Thing is, they're attempting to use this as evidence Newcastle is a racist city

But, hang on, I thought we were all in love with (checks notes) “ camel humping savages”?  

SMB getting confused over another imaginary outrage…

no-surely-not.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye that is a weird one tbh. How is supporting a player with a gambling addiction and showing them they're still loved "a disgrace to people who seriously struggle with gambling addictions". Surely they should feel encouraged by this, as well as the potential knock on effect of thousands of people having a reason to find some compassion over the issue.

Seriously people are just twisting on for the absolute sake of it on this and yet again it has nothing to do with the issue in hand, and everything to do with being emotionally feeble and insecure about the rise of our club.

Yeah if I had a gambling addiction and was given the choice between getting supported and cheered by fans during a difficult time, or having to peer out from a tunnel and feel excluded, I think I know what I'd choose.

This is a Liverpool fan though, and they're never happier than when they feel persecuted, so maybe this is just how your average gambling addicted Liverpool fan would like to be treated.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

This, and not to mention that the PL is massively sponsored by gambling companies so this has a whiff of hypocrisy about it. anyway. "A disgrace to people who seriously struggle with gambling addictions" - these people should clearly be ostracised, suspended from their place of work, banned from even training with their colleagues, and left to their own (smart phone gambling) devices. 'Cos that makes sense. The fucking hypocrisy man. We know it's because you fear and hate our upcoming success, just fucking admit it. 

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Howay said:
I suppose we could all wear t shirts to protest a player being banned after racially abusing a player, or after he bit another player?

I was thinking about this the other day. Suarez got a ban of just over a month for racially abusing an opponent whereas Tonali could be looking at a 12 month ban for placing bets. Hardly seem proportionate.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I was thinking about this the other day. Suarez got a ban of just over a month for racially abusing an opponent whereas Tonali could be looking at a 12 month ban for placing bets. Hardly seem proportionate.

I suppose it's to do with gambling having possible knock on effects to the integrity of competitions that Tonali, or whomever, is playing in.  i.e. players could bet on things they could ensure happen in a match that they shouldn't.  Clearly racially abusing someone is a worse thing than putting a bet on, but it isn't going to bring match fixing into the equation.

28 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I suppose it's to do with gambling having possible knock on effects to the integrity of competitions that Tonali, or whomever, is playing in.  i.e. players could bet on things they could ensure happen in a match that they shouldn't.  Clearly racially abusing someone is a worse thing than putting a bet on, but it isn't going to bring match fixing into the equation.

I completely get that but if there's no evidence of spot fixing or that he's bet against his own side then I still think 12 months is a bit much.

This is all because some little grass still hasn't got over a childhood of bullying about his name.

• Haha 2