Sandro Tonali

wykikitoon

You can dress it up in terms of needing help with addiction etc etc but is that claim actually true? Seeing as Toenail and his agent walked through the front doors of SJP and lied to the owners ,managers & coaches, players and supporters of NUFC am thinking he can fuck right off. It’s a cunts trick. 

What do people think his manager’s attitude will be towards him now? And his teammates? 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

You can dress it up in terms of needing help with addiction etc etc but is that claim actually true? Seeing as Toenail and his agent walked through the front doors of SJP and lied to the owners ,managers & coaches, players and supporters of NUFC am thinking he can fuck right off. It’s a cunts trick. 

What do people think his manager’s attitude will be towards him now? And his teammates? 

Oof, Toenail, there is no going back now.  IF things coming out now are true I think we need to bite the bullet and sack him and do whatever possible legally against Milan. I'm guessing I hope if we sack him he might be written off the books for FFP purposes? It's arnly money.

Money.gif.46dc343b0e9063d5b39bbdf97a649449.gif

• Like 2

It might come down to how Tripps,Jermaine, Fab etc feel. Senior pros can carry a lot of weight. Then you’ll have a faction in the changing room completely against what they say ie it’ll be like any other fuckin workplace (the ones against it will normally be the smokers, huddled together under their bus stop of death, plotting…) 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Oof, Toenail, there is no going back now.  IF things coming out now are true I think we need to bite the bullet and sack him and do whatever possible legally against Milan. I'm guessing I hope if we sack him he might be written off the books for FFP purposes? It's arnly money.

Money.gif.46dc343b0e9063d5b39bbdf97a649449.gif

In relation to FFP and "crimes" that were committed prior to him being a Newcastle player, surely that would allow us to effectively remove a portion of his transfer fee and wages from our FFP balance sheet? E.g. He's signed a five year contract so we've amortised his transfer fee and wages across that. Let's assume wages are 100k/week and his transfer fee was £55m. Across five years that's £16.2m (£5.2 + £11m) for each year of his contract. If he's suspended from playing for the rest of the season that equates to about 80% of the games that he could have been otherwise available for that he's missing. Therefore, having committed no crime themselves Newcastle should have "freed up" £12.9m pounds for this season. Next season assuming he's able to play again the amortisation resumes at the original rate. If you consider that we should be continually increasing our revenue substantially for a few years as our new commercial deals come into play it should mean that we can sign a player of similar value a year earlier than we otherwise would have.

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

It might come down to how Tripps,Jermaine, Fab etc feel. Senior pros can carry a lot of weight. Then you’ll have a faction in the changing room completely against what they say ie it’ll be like any other fuckin workplace (the ones against it will normally be the smokers, huddled together under their bus stop of death, plotting…) 

Jermaine. The racism just OOZES out of this one, doesn't it. DISGUSTING.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, OTF said:

In relation to FFP and "crimes" that were committed prior to him being a Newcastle player, surely that would allow us to effectively remove a portion of his transfer fee and wages from our FFP balance sheet? E.g. He's signed a five year contract so we've amortised his transfer fee and wages across that. Let's assume wages are 100k/week and his transfer fee was £55m. Across five years that's £16.2m (£5.2 + £11m) for each year of his contract. If he's suspended from playing for the rest of the season that equates to about 80% of the games that he could have been otherwise available for that he's missing. Therefore, having committed no crime themselves Newcastle should have "freed up" £12.9m pounds for this season. Next season assuming he's able to play again the amortisation resumes at the original rate. If you consider that we should be continually increasing our revenue substantially for a few years as our new commercial deals come into play it should mean that we can sign a player of similar value a year earlier than we otherwise would have.

so it's GOOD NEWS. :nufc:

1280358882_goodnews.gif.855853c641d567ab281a196526b92050.gif

• Haha 1

I don’t like to be knee jerk and I know foreign players can take a while to settle. But I’m not sure why we signed him / what he brings. We’re better when Longstaff plays and I suspect the same applies to a fit again Willock. I know we might look to play a different way in terms of formation. But Howe hasn’t shown much indication of wanting to do that 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

Tonali might not play for us again, Barnes out for the forseeable, a LB who currently seems fairly redundant, ditto our RB. Still light in central defence, midfield, and don't have a third striker. Been a bit of a shir transfer window really hasn't it. 

42 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

It’s all speculation though at this stage innit. We don’t know if Tonali or Milan knew this investigation was coming when he signed 

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don’t like to be knee jerk and I know foreign players can take a while to settle. But I’m not sure why we signed him / what he brings. We’re better when Longstaff plays and I suspect the same applies to a fit again Willock. I know we might look to play a different way in terms of formation. But Howe hasn’t shown much indication of wanting to do that 

I honestly think it was an effort to recreate the threat we had on the right through Almiron, Trippier and Bruno, but on the left. By that I mean Bruno would post up just outside the left corner of the box and play interlinking passes with Gordon and Burn/Hall, while Tonali develops that understanding on the right. 

I think we haven't done that because we've not had a settled run of games with Tonali, Bruno and Joelinton all fit. Joelinton being required to do the physical legwork while Bruno and Tonali are freed up to do more attacking work.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Tonali might not play for us again, Barnes out for the forseeable, a LB who currently seems fairly redundant, ditto our RB. Still light in central defence, midfield, and don't have a third striker. Been a bit of a shir transfer window really hasn't it. 

Hall isn't just a left back, he can play centrally and further forward. Hall and Livramento haven't been bought for the here and now, but are being gently introduced into the side. They're both young and very highly rated, so I'd expect them to get more and more game time as their contracts progress. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Hall isn't just a left back, he can play centrally and further forward. Hall and Livramento haven't been bought for the here and now, but are being gently introduced into the side. They're both young and very highly rated, so I'd expect them to get more and more game time as their contracts progress. 

I know. I still have faith, but this Toenail saga is fucking me right off. Thoughts drift again to what could have been. It's a pretty massive blow, still Howe has shown his resilence before.  

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

I think Hall is being trained in the ways of Howe.

Barnes will be back in a couple of months.

Livramento will be really be needed if Trippier gets injured

I get your point though. None of the starting eleven has  been improved.

Tonali could well get a 1 year + here if the info coming out is accurate.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

I think its more around whether he made a shady deal with Milan to come to us knowing he could face a lengthy ban. Of course we'll never know.

No doubt Fagioli will let us know. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, OTF said:

It’s a nice thought but 100% wrong.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's a tough one because unseating Dan Burn from the left back position would be a tough ask. Like Livramento, Hall seems more like a signing for next season than this. Livramento is more developed as far as his career goes, but is behind the first name on our team sheet. So the success of this transfer window really does come down to Barnes and Tonali, both of whom are seemingly set to miss big chunks of the season.

You'd have to think a squad this this spread so far will catch up with us at some point this season.