Other Games 23/24

Ayatollah Hermione

7 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Southampton might buy  Fraser now they're back in the Premier league ? 

He played well for them today. 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Get bids in for Gray and Summerville

neither would get in the team and would cost a small fortune.

Summerville is not better than Barnes and Gordon. They’d absolutely destroy the championship so no point in going for him.

I’ve seen Gray 3 times this season and I don’t think he is good enough to get close to our XI yet. We could buy and loan him back of course. 

• Like 1

I live in a Leeds catchment area, the local fans are saying Leeds chucked it away in the last 6-8 games, too many losses and draws.  They were going like a train in Jan/Feb, 9 wins on the trot. 

On 26/05/2024 at 02:32, Polarboy said:

Yeah the commercial end is probably the biggest downside of not getting the conference. Then again we could have played in the conference next season, it would probably have affected our league form, and we could have missed out on Europe. It's swings and roundabouts to a certain extent. In the long run it may be better to finish higher in the league next season than go on a conference run.

Also denies us the chance to improve our UEFA club coefficient which would improve our future income from European football. That said as far as our league and domestic cup this is a far better result than stretching our squad (and keeping on deadwood to help) for the lowest ranking and lowest prizemoney European competition which I couldn't imagine on its own would have any sway on any player signing for us.

I wonder if there are any implications for player's bonuses and wages next season? That could be more telling. I feel like Bruno will stay as he has his buddy Joelinton here for the long term whereas Isak is much harder to get a read on.

• Like 3

I am a little sad Leeds didn't get promoted.  It's better to have another Northern team in the league rather than that cunt of a journey.  Plus Rishi is a supafan of em.  Plus as its my home city it's good for the city.  But also, not that sad as Leeds fans are fucking unbearable at times :lol: 

• Haha 3

sorry about that fellas. bad as it was for you, i reckon it was worse for me.

my missus is a man united fan as is my youngest. and my youngest hasn't learnt to lose gracefully yet. me and the eldest just had to take it.

when the wife says "don't be upset, at least you won the league", it doesn't help (well maybe a little bit).

the only consolation is that leeds lost, cos i hate leeds.

• Like 1

Just now, LondonBlue said:

my missus is a man united fan as is my youngest. and my youngest hasn't learnt to lose gracefully yet. me and the eldest just had to take it.

when the wife says "don't be upset, at least you won the league", it doesn't help (well maybe a little bit).

You piece of shit. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Jaysus... 3

12 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

TBF losing a cup final to your rivals might be a bit more upsetting than missing out an a conference spot. I literally can't imagine it happening as, well, if it's hard for us to get to a cup final what's Sunderland's chances and both getting there in the same season? 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

You piece of shit. 

Eh? 

Wtf is the point of this post?

LondonBlue has been a member here for a good few years, they’ve always been thoroughly respectful and provide a viewpoint of a neutral on so many things. 

You, however, can get fucked, Thompers. 

You’re a waste of breath. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

TBF losing a cup final to your rivals might be a bit more upsetting than missing out an a conference spot. I literally can't imagine it happening as, well, if it's hard for us to get to a cup final what's Sunderland's chances and both getting there in the same season? 

yep, newcastle losing a cup final to sunderland AND being married to a sunderland fan. that's the pain i went through.

we have a rule in our house. on derby day you only get until midnight to take the piss. without that rule our marriage might not have lasted 20 years!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Eh? 

LondonBlue has been a member here for a good few years, they’ve always been thoroughly respectful and provide a viewpoint of a neutral on so many things. 

i assumed he was joking, from your reply i guess he wasn't lol 

i have thicker skin than that, but thanks

• Like 1

Oh well London.  My gaffer watched it abroad in a boozer full of Man Utd fans, that didn't go down well.

Too many of your lads had an off day. Far too much ale in em.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

i assumed he was joking, from your reply i guess he wasn't lol 

i have thicker skin than that, but thanks

No I was definitely joking. :lol:

Edited by MrRaspberryJam
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Eh? 

errrrmmmm….. I was just joking… Jeeze. 

• Like 1

The majority of the posts I’ve read on here (at the least in the way I interpreted them) have all been made in jest and there’s a lot of piss taking on here. Why my post above was taken so seriously I’ve no idea. I was just (sarcastically) calling him a piece of shit for City ruining our season. 

nevermind. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

The majority of the posts I’ve read on here (at the least in the way I interpreted them) have all been made in jest and there’s a lot of piss taking on here. Why my post above was taken so seriously I’ve no idea. I was just (sarcastically) calling him a piece of shit for City ruining our season. 

nevermind. 

This happened to me once when I said that Howe didn't play Bruno when he first came to Newcastle because he didn't want him. I guess it is hard, at times, to judge humour when it is written down. Most of your posts do have a clear tone of humour to them and you also appear to love to sail close to the wind.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

This happened to me once when I said that Howe didn't play Bruno when he first came to Newcastle because he didn't want him. I guess it is hard, at times, to judge humour when it is written down. Most of your posts do have a clear tone of humour to them and you also appear to love to sail close to the wind.

I thought the talk about shitting on coffee tables and staging dirty protests were welcomed by all?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I thought the talk about shitting on coffee tables and staging dirty protests were welcomed by all?

You mean, you don't actually do this?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

No I was definitely joking. :lol:

I thought you were chatting him up

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

You mean, you don't actually do this?

Classic smokescreen. I joke about doing it but as I type my iPad is actually caked in another man’s faeces. 

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Oh well London.  My gaffer watched it abroad in a boozer full of Man Utd fans, that didn't go down well.

Too many of your lads had an off day. Far too much ale in em.

I suspect you're right. most of them partied until 5am when we won the league. I don't really begrudge them that. They're not machines and the title race was pretty monumental this season. 3 teams until the dippers had an almighty wobble. Since the draw with Arsenal we had to win our last 9 games, no meant feat. Not having that Pep got his tactics wrong, he was just covering for his players. I so need a break from football now. i'm exhausted watching it lol.

Our top targets are rumored to be Savio, Paqueta and Bruno. Paqueta's a non starter now. Bruno seen as someone to play alongside and instead of Rodri. He needs help at its clearly not KP. It's bluemoon transfer forum chat so may be nothing in it.

• Like 1