Lewis Hall

LongTimeAdmirer

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Arentoft?  What position did he play? 🤔

My first ever favourite player, mainly because I’d got a NUFC subbuteo team and one of the players heads/hair wasn’t painted so he became Bene (more blonde than ginger IMO that earlier pic is poorly colourised)

and midfield 

Edited by Toonpack

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

:lol:
I’ve just imagined a sitcom of Dutch Schteve McLaren selling discount carpets in Boro, sketched out a few plot lines, and then decided that, mainly due to the main character being utterly bereft of a sense of humour, it was the worst thing on telly that never was on telly. 

I’m no Bob Mortimer. :lol:

• Haha 6

17 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Plowing new lows, could have forewarned the kid that he'd ask him about his favourite Newcastle players etc. Have to remember he's 18, born in London and has been at Chelsea since he was 15. Not like you'd expect him to be watching Jose Enrique lighting up the league as a 5 year old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye it was painful. Poor lads probably had fuck all media training too.

He did well considering.

They really should try to make them more fun and personal as every footballer is going to give the same cookie cutter answers to the same cookie cutter questions. Honestly, I'd rather know what his favourite pizza toppings are, and what music the kids these days are into.

11 minutes ago, OTF said:

He did well considering.

They really should try to make them more fun and personal as every footballer is going to give the same cookie cutter answers to the same cookie cutter questions. Honestly, I'd rather know what his favourite pizza toppings are, and what music the kids these days are into.

Based on the neighbours son, absolute shite that even Baldrick and Blackadder could sing to

guns baldrick GIF

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, OTF said:

He did well considering.

and what he thought of Leighton Baines brief stint with Fridays?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

No one knows whether there is a get out clause in the loan deal. If there isn't, it seems daft not to give him more game time when we are going to potentially drop £35mil on him 

According to the official club site (in the piece when we signed him) it’s based on ‘performance related criteria’ https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/newcastle-united-sign-lewis-hall/

Eddie said a while ago it wasn't based on appearances but other performance criteria - no clue what it could be that you could measure 

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

Can only imagine we are making sure he doesn't hit the required minutes then 

Yeah. They either fancy him, and are hoping by not doing that, they get him cheaper or they don’t fancy him at all. With a third possibility he costs way too much as far as impacting FFP / spending ability is concerned (which ties in with the first one). But you’d have to think he’d have been used more even just to bring on fresh legs given the problems we’ve had with injuries. 

2 minutes ago, NJS said:

Eddie said a while ago it wasn't based on appearances but other performance criteria - no clue what it could be that you could measure 

Only thing quantifiable would be minutes as opposed to number of appearances you’d think? Bit of an odd clause if so though 

• Like 1