Wor Eddie's One Step at a Time Wankers v Media Darling South Coast Cunts

wykikitoon

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well let that be a lesson ackas. This is the only place you need for Nufc social media wise. 

I dare say the comments were a bit moot after last week's twitter spat. Still a lot criticising Eddie suggesting that he's not elite level as he doesn't make subs like Pep and Klopp. The kind of ludicrous comments you'd hear from fan accounts owned by Mackems and scousers. 

• Like 1

Aye and it’s also worth noting most of Klopps subs were fucking shocking :lol:. Diaz was giving Trippier some trouble early on and he subbed him, Elliott had absolutely no impact on the game. It was subbing on the £80m striker they had on the bench that shockingly made a difference. 

• Like 1

I’d like to see Hall start ahead of Burn too but I doubt he will. He wasn’t even on the bench against Liverpool. Howe definitely prefers to give players plenty of time to get up to speed with how we play before throwing them in. Not just understanding how we execute our press and passing sequences but improving their fitness too. Gordon admitted it took him a while to get fit enough for the way we play  after he signed 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye and it’s also worth noting most of Klopps subs were fucking shocking :lol:. Diaz was giving Trippier some trouble early on and he subbed him, Elliott had absolutely no impact on the game. It was subbing on the £80m striker they had on the bench that shockingly made a difference. 

Doesnt seem to stop the narrative that Klopp tactically outclassed Eddie.

Huge amount of luck involved in that game.

Thought it had gone our way, but in reality it turned out well for them.

• Like 2

Bringing on Harvey Elliot changed the game for Liverpool iyam . After we’d missed all those chances Klopp saw his chance for 15 mins of mayhem with Nunez up top but they needed to feed him. Us missing those chances allowed it but to me Klopp was tactically very good at the end :cuppa:

Edited by PaddockLad

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Bringing on Harvey Elliot changed the game for Liverpool iyam . After we’d missed all those chances Klopp saw his chance for 15 mins of mayhem with Nunez up top but they needed to feed him. Us missing those chances allowed it but to me Klopp was tactically very good at the end :cuppa:

Big credit to them for staying in the game. But it was hardly a genius move by Klopp - throwing on some attacking players with ten to go after we failed to kill them off and started to try to protect our lead. Oldest play in the game, out of the Bog Sam playbook: Stay in the contest then gamble and try to Nick it with 10 to go. The difference being Klopp has an £80m striker on the bench 

It's fairly obvious Klopp is a top class tactician. At the moment for me and to my lay eye it looks like Howe's weakest attribute. But his coaching is par excellence and his strategic way of playing has been a revelation. Where we are now,. I wouldn't swap him for anyone, Pep included. Whilst Pep is undisputed at this level, he's never had to build a team from relegation fodder before. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Big credit to them for staying in the game. But it was hardly a genius move by Klopp - throwing on some attacking players with ten to go after we failed to kill them off and started to try to protect our lead. Oldest play in the game, out of the Bog Sam playbook: Stay in the contest then gamble and try to Nick it with 10 to go. The difference being Klopp has an £80m striker on the bench 

As has been said they had a huge dose of luck, again. Kind of hoping one of these xG nerds might have been along to help out with this, but they're nowhere to be seen when you actually want them. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

As has been said they had a huge dose of luck, again. Kind of hoping one of these xG nerds might have been along to help out with this, but they're nowhere to be seen when you actually want them. 

Much against my better judgement:

image.png.2c15afd8e589b95380eb38d76a5d898b.png

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Renton said:

Saw Dave mooching on Twitter yesterday morning but when you need the fucker he’s never around 🤷🏻‍♂️

(his apprentice has obviously bottled bringing it up when he was on earlier, probably shows that xG is just counting again :cuppa: ) 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

Much against my better judgement:

image.png.2c15afd8e589b95380eb38d76a5d898b.png

The xG data reinforces what most of us have said. We should have won. We had the chances to win, but we failed to really dominate or create the number of high value opportunities you would expect against 10 men. Credit to horse teeth for the way he set them up. But we bottled it in the end. 

I shall be in attendance for this one.  It will be a tough game and we’ll likely have much less of the ball so will need to be lethal on the break. 

I should have also started the the thread to continue my unbeaten run. 

• Like 3

I'd take a point, 3 would be fantastic. If we dont get a result it had better be because they play brilliantly and not us shooting ourselves in the foot again.

I hope Howe can find a way to start Barnes and Gordon. Bruno needs to cut out the critical errors and we need to get Isak more involved. If Willock is able to play a role that would be a big plus, we've missed his ball carrying ability and the space he can open with all the running. 

• Like 2

I've not watched it either mind so this is all going off second hand. Howe very rarely gives a thumbs up for potentially injured players the day before the game though, so it could turn out fine. 

I imagine Botman is one that's considered integral enough that you send him out if there's any chance. It's not a muscle thing so it's not gonna get any worse.