Wor Eddie's One Step at a Time Wankers v Media Darling South Coast Cunts

wykikitoon

Just now, Howay said:

Agreed, I’d rather try Tonali at 6 or play Longstaff there. Joelinton isn’t positionally strong enough to play 6 (since he’s pretty new to CM play), so I wouldn’t play him there. I’d like to see Barnes start, with Gordon on the right and I’m really hoping we see Hall start LB after the break otherwise signing him was a bit of a waste in the short term. 

you could say the same about livramento. £70m on two players who haven’t featured in the first four games 

• Like 1

The problem is I thought Joe was at his best on the left wing for us :lol:. Yet we're having to fit him in the middle. Interesting to see what happens once Willock is fit.

But yeah, putting Gordon on the right and Barnes on the left seems to need to happen. 

Eddie will sort it out, hopefully before we're cut adrift of the top 4.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Oh I thought you meant the squad rather than Bruno. At the moment even Longstaff might be a good shout, balance the midfield, everyone knows he's not technically better than Bruno.

Anwyay, not saying Bruno should be dropped long term, he's a key player. But he's been off it for a long time now. 

Longy also got the assist for Wilson's goal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

The problem is I thought Joe was at his best on the left wing for us :lol:. Yet we're having to fit him in the middle. Interesting to see what happens once Willock is fit.

But yeah, putting Gordon on the right and Barnes on the left seems to need to happen. 

Eddie will sort it out, hopefully before we're cut adrift of the top 4.

It’s a long season and we’ve plenty time to make up ground, I think Man U started last season with as few points and finished third. My worry is we’re not performing like we have under Howe up until this season, and the new signings haven’t really had much impact yet. 

Definitely agree that the Joelinton - Willock connection on the left was really good at times last season. 

I like the Livramento signing as I rate him but it’s unfortunately a long term signing that will cost us in the short term, if we’d have got Alvarez or Sangare instead of him I think we’d look more solid. Time will tell I suppose. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Aye the manner of the defeat was most worrying today. 

In Eddie we trust to sort it out. 

Let's hope.

You have to also worry about things like what will happen with Tonali confidence/attitude, Milan's former captain, being the first choice to be subbed, regardless of everyone around him's performance.

Miggy, Isak, Bruno, always being starters, regardless of the previous match perfomances.

Also our defence is going to suffer badly if our midfield cannot keep posession.

Time for Eddie to prove his worth.

7 hours ago, Gemmill said:

As we've seen this summer, there isn't a club in the PL that would turn its nose up at PIF's cash when it comes in for their players from the Pro League.

That's the exact same cash they bought our club with, and that we're using to buy players with.

Yeah I understand we're owned by them, but "blood money" is "blood money". What do Brighton think Chelsea bought Caicedo with? They'd be taking it themselves if any of their players would stay at their club long enough for the Saudis to bid for them.

Aye. It’s also ‘blood money’ if the Saudis want to buy a player that a club wants to hang onto eg Salah but its fine if it’s a player surplus to requirements (like Henderson). 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Good afternoon all, I'm back and not here to gloat. A great win for us (I had it down for a draw or a Howe-inspired Smash 'n Grab but was very pleased with the way we went about our business after a shaky early start when Dunk had a brain fog a couple of times. What surprised me the most was how little pressure we got put under and - please accept this in the spirit it is meant - the seeming lack of desire from most of your players. We battered West Ham last week and lost but in truth there was not even the threat of a  real counter from Newcastle to concern us once our defence got it's act in gear. If Pedro had managed to drag the ball out from under his feet it could have been 4 or 5. Howe has to address that, the signs were there against Liverpool. As you may be aware I'm a firm admirer of all things NUFC, your supporters are usually the best we get at the Amex, and by a comfortable margin. But your team gave you nothing to hold onto. Fair play to getting a party atmosphere going at the end - I'm only just a few seats across in the corner. But through all that I wish you all the best for the coming season especially in Europe. See you in May at SJP, as usual I can't wait

• Like 6

There wasn’t much in it first half and the first goal was super important. We didn’t come out the second half. Very flat from us.

I was also a bit disappointed with our setup from your goal kicks. Brighton set the trap and we fell into it every time. So easy for Gilmour to get on the ball. 

We don’t have a constant goal scorer on our wings either so goals will be sparse until Howe trusts Barnes to play.

although Isak is a superior player Wilson is more of a goal threat. I don’t think Howe will go for it but I’d be tempted to play Bruno and Tonali as 6s with Isak in 10. 

1 hour ago, ShorehamSeagull said:

Good afternoon all, I'm back and not here to gloat. A great win for us (I had it down for a draw or a Howe-inspired Smash 'n Grab but was very pleased with the way we went about our business after a shaky early start when Dunk had a brain fog a couple of times. What surprised me the most was how little pressure we got put under and - please accept this in the spirit it is meant - the seeming lack of desire from most of your players. We battered West Ham last week and lost but in truth there was not even the threat of a  real counter from Newcastle to concern us once our defence got it's act in gear. If Pedro had managed to drag the ball out from under his feet it could have been 4 or 5. Howe has to address that, the signs were there against Liverpool. As you may be aware I'm a firm admirer of all things NUFC, your supporters are usually the best we get at the Amex, and by a comfortable margin. But your team gave you nothing to hold onto. Fair play to getting a party atmosphere going at the end - I'm only just a few seats across in the corner. But through all that I wish you all the best for the coming season especially in Europe. See you in May at SJP, as usual I can't wait

the performance in our first game against villa seems like a long and distant memory.

the warning signs were there before the liverpool game, we failed particularly in the 1st half against man city to pose anything like a meaningful threat, only marginally more so in the 2nd half and this at time when we were expected (hoping) to give the blue mancs their most difficult game against us in living memory.

against the red dippers it was nothing short of fucking scandalous that we failed to capitalise on having a man advantage, we spent what felt like an eternity at times passing backwards and forwards midway between our penalty area and the halfway line or even back to pope. it was fucking embarrassing.

surprised you only had it down as a draw, I thought it was home banker, you've got a very good team, but by god we did little to give you much to worry about overall.

29 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

the performance in our first game against villa seems like a long and distant memory.

the warning signs were there before the liverpool game, we failed particularly in the 1st half against man city to pose anything like a meaningful threat, only marginally more so in the 2nd half and this at time when we were expected (hoping) to give the blue mancs their most difficult game against us in living memory.

against the red dippers it was nothing short of fucking scandalous that we failed to capitalise on having a man advantage, we spent what felt like an eternity at times passing backwards and forwards midway between our penalty area and the halfway line or even back to pope. it was fucking embarrassing.

surprised you only had it down as a draw, I thought it was home banker, you've got a very good team, but by god we did little to give you much to worry about overall.

To be honest the bookies seem to have it at something like 5/4 for a win to either side. I just thought Eddie would have hatched a plan to get a result like West Ham did, especially as a loss would mean only 3pts from 12 at the International Break. I have no doubt that Eddie will sort this, you've got the players and, like us, just enough bodies to give it a go on all 4 fronts. City apart I've not seen anything really outstanding as yet as to title challengers. You'll be up there, back on it in no time, I'm convinced of it

59 minutes ago, ShorehamSeagull said:

Cheers. You’re the best run club in Britain but most of you seem completely unaffected by it, not like our bunch of teeth grinding anger merchants who combust at the first sign of a misplaced pass 😆

You’re right about our inability to put you under pressure, we did for the first 10 mins and should’ve scored, then basically retreated for the rest of the game . We couldn’t get near your midfield . It’s like we lose faith in what is working if it doesn’t produce a goal after 15 mins or so . Am familiar with Billy Gilmour, I watched him take the piss out if Rodri when Scotland played Spain earlier this year. Yesterday he was up against Gumaries and utterly dominated the game. It was a bit like the 1966 World Cup when Geoff Hurst got a hat trick but Alan Ball was man of the match 👍

Your Europa league group is banging too..Ajax , Marseillle and AEK Athens 😆 two former European cup winners 👍 If you go to one I’d say Marseille, Velodrome is unreal. Good luck mate . 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Cheers. You’re the best run club in Britain but most of you seem completely unaffected by it, not like our bunch of teeth grinding anger merchants who combust at the first sign of a misplaced pass 😆

You’re right about our inability to put you under pressure, we did for the first 10 mins and should’ve scored, then basically retreated for the rest of the game . We couldn’t get near your midfield . It’s like we lose faith in what is working if it doesn’t produce a goal after 15 mins or so . Am familiar with Billy Gilmour, I watched him take the piss out if Rodri when Scotland played Spain earlier this year. Yesterday he was up against Gumaries and utterly dominated the game. It was a bit like the 1966 World Cup when Geoff Hurst got a hat trick but Alan Ball was man of the match 👍

Your Europa league group is banging too..Ajax , Marseillle and AEK Athens 😆 two former European cup winners 👍 If you go to one I’d say Marseille, Velodrome is unreal. Good luck mate . 

the velodrome was an incredible experience in '04 even as a then open bowl, the chant the home support did which was started from one end behind the goal and then mirrored from the opposite end was incredible, was like listening to quality stereo, reminded me of being a kid and listening to shine on you crazy diamond with me head between the speakers after a few spliffs of squidgy black!  :lol:

must be awesome now it's got a roof on. loved marseille too, proper edgy city and their support were fantastic after the match.  :)

• Like 3