Official Loan watch Thread™

LongTimeAdmirer

6 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

There's a lot of piss in this thread, didn't want to waddle through all of it.

Corrected YP (for the sake of antipodean mackem hissy fit prevention)

Edited by Dougle

From .com with highlights.

Yankuba Minteh (Feyenoord):
There was a third goal in four Eredivisie games for the on-loan Magpie on Saturday, putting his side ahead at home to Go Ahead Eagles in first half injury time. It ended 3-1 to Feyenoord with Minteh taking his leave after 83 minutes.

Jeff Hendrick (Sheffield Wednesday):
The Owls suffered a 0-3 home defeat at the hands of the mackems in the Championship on Friday, with Jeff completing the entire game.

Beware the highlights include the unwashed!

Harrison Ashby (Swansea City):
More frustration for Ashby on Saturday, languishing on the bench yet again as the Jacks won 3-0 at Millwall in the Championship.

Ryan Fraser (Southampton):
Success for the Saints on Saturday but Fraser had little to do with it, coming off the bench on the hour with his side 3-1 up at home to Leeds United in the Championship. The scoreline remained unchanged.

Jamal Lewis (Watford):
There was a 90 minute shift for the defender in the Championship on Saturday as the Hornets lost 2-3 at home to Boro.

Max Thompson (Northampton Town):
Saturday saw the Cobblers triumph 2-0 at Exeter City in League One, with Max unused on the bench.

Kelland Watts (Wigan Athletic):
The defender completed the full game at the expense of a booking as the ten man Latics lost 1-2 at home to Portsmouth in League One on Saturday.

Matty Bondswell (Newport County):
A 1-2 reverse at Salford City in League Two on Saturday saw Matty arrive as a 40th minute sub.

Joe White (Crewe Alexandra):
The on-loan Magpie watched an incident-packed 3-3 draw at Wrexham in League Two on Saturday from the bench.

Jay Turner-Cooke (St Johnstone):
Jay was introduced from the bench after 68 minutes of a 1-1 home draw with Livingston on Saturday. The Saints remain bottom of the Scottish Premiership.

Cameron Ferguson (Forfar Athletic):
No sign of our man on Saturday, as 575 fans saw Forfar draw 1-1 at East Fife in Scottish League Two.

Isaac Hayden (Standard Liege):
Another victory for Liege, this time a 2-1 success at OH Leuven in the Belgian First Division on Saturday. Isaac completed the first 70 minutes.

Garang Kuol (Volendam):

A 1-3 loss at PSV Eindhoven in the Eredivisie on Saturday included a 45 minute cameo from Kuol (No.14)

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I'm surprised Ashby isn't getting a game 

I think he is third choice now.

I’m still maintaining he’ll never play for us. I suspect he was one that we could loan out then make some money on at a later date.  He is 22 in a month and we’ve bought Tino who is younger.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Cheers LTA’s Dad.

Do you do her paper round for her too? :lol::lol:

Fuck off Gazza😉, I'm too old to be having bairns at this age.

BTW I think there is a decent poster someone in LTA and she just needs to give herself a shake and stop biting everytime someone tries to wind her up over our former bandage bear (it's an Australian thing look it up).

We haven't had a chick posting on this board since Fish scared the unicyclist off and Cath got sick of having to ignore the board's over use of cunt - so I'm hoping she, LTA, takes ownership of this thread.

We all have dreams I suppose!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I think he is third choice now.

I’m still maintaining he’ll never play for us. I suspect he was one that we could loan out then make some money on at a later date.  He is 22 in a month and we’ve bought Tino who is younger.

Put Kuol in that list as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sammynb said:

BTW I think there is a decent poster someone in LTA and she just needs to give herself a shake and stop biting everytime someone tries to wind her up over our former bandage bear (it's an Australian thing look it up).

We haven't had a chick posting on this board since Fish scared the unicyclist off and Cath got sick of having to ignore the board's over use of cunt - so I'm hoping she, LTA, takes ownership of this thread.

stop being a WUM would help. To not even acknowledge Gordon has been one of our best players this season is basically pathetic.

2 hours ago, sammynb said:

Even though there’s very few female posters, the place is still full of fannies. 

I also agree, though, that we could do with a few more splitarses signing up. 

I’ve no idea why there aren’t more? 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Even though there’s very few female posters, the place is still full of fannies. 

I also agree, though, that we could do with a few more splitarses signing up. 

I’ve no idea why there aren’t more? 

Perhaps they have no wish to find themselves bound and gagged (and sore down below) in the back of a truck prior to being disposed of through a wood-chipper on some desolate moor somewhere to feed the wild pigs, perhaps.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Perhaps they have no wish to find themselves bound and gagged (and sore down below) in the back of a truck prior to being disposed of through a wood-chipper on some desolate moor somewhere to feed the wild pigs, perhaps.

I mean, as long as they’re not a Lot Lizard they’re relatively safe. 

Honestly, this woke generation of millennials … :lol:

• Haha 3

Nice to see this thread kicking on, shame about some of the trolls though. 

Special shout out to Uncle @sammynb and everyone else that wants to talk to football.

On 02/10/2023 at 20:02, sammynb said:

From .com with highlights.

Yankuba Minteh (Feyenoord):
There was a third goal in four Eredivisie games for the on-loan Magpie on Saturday, putting his side ahead at home to Go Ahead Eagles in first half injury time. It ended 3-1 to Feyenoord with Minteh taking his leave after 83 minutes.

Harrison Ashby (Swansea City):
More frustration for Ashby on Saturday, languishing on the bench yet again as the Jacks won 3-0 at Millwall in the Championship.

Garang Kuol (Volendam):
A 1-3 loss at PSV Eindhoven in the Eredivisie on Saturday included a 45 minute cameo from Kuol (No.14)

Just going to add some stats and a bigger update for this post to get us all up to date, followed by smaller updates throughout the season. 

Harrison Ashby:

8QmnYbT.png

After starting the first seven games of the season, our fella has found himself dropped, not making any appearances in the last 3 game. Personally seems a bit harsh when you look at his ratings (I dont have time to watch every game of football, get of ma back). Yes he had a rocky start to the season but seems to have picked it up and kept it steady, his replacement for those last 3 games by the way hasn't exactly done anything to continue be getting picked over him (Based on swansea forums). So hopefully this is just a blip and hopefully, as the season progresses, he'll have the opportunity to regain his place in the starting lineup and continue to contribute  :good:

Garang Kuol:

r9WNEtH.png

Garang Kuol has been a consistent presence in the lineup, featuring in all five games since joining Volendam, with four of those appearances as a starter on the left wing.

In all honesty, his time at Volendam hasn't been marked by success so far. However, important to note, the team narrowly escaped relegation last season and is currently positioned at the bottom of the league table,  indicating broader challenges within the team. It raises questions about whether this was the ideal move for him. However, on a more optimistic note, Kuol is gaining valuable playing time, which can serve as a valuable learning experience for future challenges he may face.

Yankuba Minteh:

This fella was BORN to dribble Birdman Rubbing Hands GIF

E1QWW3n.png

After picking up this wonderkid who dominated the Danish league we send him quick smart on loan to Feyenoord and its looking really really promising for him so far. Consistently getting game time and GOALS. His passing game has been decent, defensively getting stuck in and consistently getting past his man with some slick dribbling.

To top it off, he also made his international debut this season and went ahead and decided to get himself a goal while he was the there. At this rate, he shouldn't have any visa issues come next season and I cant wait to see what Eddie does with him.

RW and left footed, Murphy and Miggy are in trouble next season.

welp time to masturbate GIF

All stats obtained from sofascore.com

• Like 5

On 02/10/2023 at 10:57, sammynb said:

BTW I think there is a decent poster somewhere in LTA and she just needs to give herself a shake and stop biting everytime someone tries to wind her up over our former bandage bear (it's an Australian thing look it up).

Agree with this, not that anyone will be surprised at my bleeding heart view on it. The ASM stuff has never bothered me as much as others as he was a fun player, and while the take on Gordon is a bit mental I feel like it's only happening because she's been locked into by default rather than genuinely believes it. There'll be an eventual climbdown there IMO ;) 

• Like 3