Eddies Injury Ravaged European Trailblazers v Gary O’Neils Black Country Wimpy Wolves

Holden McGroin

Just now, aimaad22 said:

Pope was poor there but you can't put that goal just on him. The defending afterwards was very poor and tired. 

I think you can. Had Pope caught it there'd be nowt to defend. He put them in that position in the first place.

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

I think you can. Had Pope caught it there'd be nowt to defend. He put them in that position in the first place.

We had 3 players go in fully committed with tired challenges. It was poor. 

I think when you look at the squad + the injuries this kind of performance is just inevitable with the extra matches. As frustrating as it is we’re just being found out and the manager is limited in how much he can influence that. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Howay said:

Really flat poor performance by our lot today

I'll happily take a point all things considered. Playing with a bit of a depleted squad here and seemingly can't use two 70M players sat on the bench 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aimaad22 said:

I'll happily take a point all things considered. Playing with a bit of a depleted squad here and seemingly can't use two 70M players sat on the bench 

Aye I don’t understand not making subs. 

The thinness of our squad does come down to our sometimes odd recruitment, we’ve bought 5 full backs, and 2 left wingers despite other areas of the pitch screaming out for players. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I think when you look at the squad + the injuries this kind of performance is just inevitable with the extra matches. As frustrating as it is we’re just being found out and the manager is limited in how much he can influence that. 

I agree but if we’re going to be ultra critical I think Howe could utilise his bench more. The lads on the pitch have played a lot of football. A lot of them look knackered If he doesn’t trust the likes of Lewis Hall or Livramento it begs the question - why did we sign them in the first place? We couldn have even put Targett on to offer some width down the left. Burn looks shagged 

• Like 3

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

I agree but if we’re going to be ultra critical I think Howe could utilise his bench more. The lads on the pitch have played a lot of football. A lot of them look knackered If he doesn’t trust the likes of Lewis Hall or Livramento it begs the question - why did we sign them in the first place? We couldn have even put Targett on to offer some width down the left. Burn looks shagged 

Yeah. I agree and said earlier I can’t understand not putting those Hall and Livramento on with about 30 to go. It was 2-1 then as well. I guess Howe doesn’t want to disrupt things too much in defence at the point. But we’re going to have to utilise what we’ve got with the CL games.