Eddies Injury Ravaged European Trailblazers v Gary O’Neils Black Country Wimpy Wolves

Holden McGroin

Decent away point. Disappointing not to take all three and to throw away a lead twice with the difficult run of fixtures coming up. Would have been all three if not for Pope’s ridiculous decision to punch when he could have caught. 

Howe had one of his worst games for a while. Surely you make more subs given the amount of games they’ve played recently. I guess he’s putting out the kids and reserves against Man U on Wednesday 

Edited by Dr Gloom

We can be happy with this point even though leading two times. Those are no mugs and will probably see this rather as two points lost.

For us it’s probably a mental thing with our run of games and players being out injured. Most of our players know that they are almost guaranteed to play so probably trying to save some energy. A lot of our players looked well off their best. Joelinton, Schär and Bruno being the exception.

As much as Howe is doing an excellent job I do not understand his reluctance to make substitutions or give players like Livramento and Hall a game.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Decent away point. Disappointing not to take all three and to throw away a lead twice with the difficult run of fixtures coming up. Would have been all three if not for Pope’s ridiculous decision to punch when he could have caught. 

Howe had one of his worst games for a while. Surely you make more subs given the amount of games they’ve played recently. I guess he’s putting out the kids and reserves against Man U on Wednesday 

Howay. There was nowt he could do. Maybe livramento and Hall, but doubt they would have won us it. And infact there was only one team winning that after Neto was injured anyway. 

We haven't got enough depth. That is why we are winning fuck all, as per. 

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Trippier’s worst game?

Probably.

4 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

We can be happy with this point even though leading two times. Those are no mugs and will probably see this rather as two points lost.

For us it’s probably a mental thing with our run of games and players being out injured. Most of our players know that they are almost guaranteed to play so probably trying to save some energy. A lot of our players looked well off their best. Joelinton, Schär and Bruno being the exception.

As much as Howe is doing an excellent job I do not understand his reluctance to make substitutions or give players like Livramento and Hall a game.

Bruno had a good game but it's frustrating how often he gives the ball away thinking he can protect and it leads to a dangerous counter. Twice today again, at least. 

Edited by aimaad22

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Howay. There was nowt he could do. Maybe livramento and Hall, but doubt they would have won us it. And infact there was only one team winning that after Neto was injured anyway. 

It could be argued we’ve spent too much on marquee signings and not enough on the squad.  Easily said once injuries and gambling suspensions mount up, I guess. 

Decent point all things considered but we’re drifting way off the pace now at the top of the table.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Bruno have a great game for us soon…

No idea why Livramento didn’t get half an hour today…

If Wilson gets injured we’re fucked

6 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Probably.

Bruno had a good game but it's frustrating how often he gives the ball away thinking he can protect and it leads to a dangerous counter. Twice today again, at least. 

I agree about Bruno. He quite often does keep hold of the ball for too long looking for the perfect option. He is quite shy off passing to certain players around the box too. Burn almost never gets the ball even when he is the only viable option and totally unmarked with space on the wing.

Edited by Isegrim

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

you’ve got £60m+ of attacking full back talent on the bench - why not use them? Half the side understandably looked out on their feet.

Hall can play in a number of positions. Why spunk £30m+ on him if you don’t trust him for a 20 minute cameo?

Livramento could have surely come on for trippier, who looked goosed in what was surely his worst game for us. Understandable given the amount of games he’s played lately - he’s 33. 

Even Targett for burn would have given us fresh legs and a full back who can overlap and whip a ball in  

I’d give Howe 5/10 at best today. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 2

Pope needs to sort out when to punch and when to catch. Credit to the wolves lad for the finish but that was a classic fuck up that gave him the chance. Should've probably got a third at the end but we were on our feet. Unnecessarily giving the ball away probably coming from fatigue in another downpour game in three days. An away win would've been a superb result in the circumstances which I said pre-game. Painful listening to the two chumps on the mic, Goodman is such a fucking cock.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aimaad22 said:

Its been obvious many times already this season that Burn is a weak link. Either Hall just isn't upto the fitness levels yet or Eddie wants him to play another position. 

Howe is on record saying that he doesn’t like to fiddle with successful formations. But his lack of squad rotation look like a weak point at the moment. He should have a look at keeping players fresh. Apart from Isak and Wilson up front and Almiron he just sticks with the same starting players baring injuries and suspensions.

2 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Its been obvious many times already this season that Burn is a weak link. Either Hall just isn't upto the fitness levels yet or Eddie wants him to play another position. 

I thought Burn did well today personally. 

I mean, there's a reason Howe is manager of a side exceeding all expectations and we're sat here pontificating putting Hall on would win us the game. We don't have the critical ability or inside knowledge Howe has. 

Not saying we can't discuss it though obviously or what's the point. But criticism directly of Howe is a bit much imo @Dr Gloom79422991_giphy(4).thumb.gif.8e4f4535a7795cfe312554f740974256.gif). 

• Haha 2

Either way it’s not some you can really criticise Howe for because there is a good argument for both options.

Fair play to Howe for not resorting to moaning about the schedule but to cherish the challenge.

We might as well just enjoy this season. It’s been amazing so far.  

Top 4 is already nailed on for me. We’ll have to battle with Villa/Brighton/Man Utd for 5th and hope that gets us back in CL. 

Edited by Holden McGroin

6 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

We might as well just enjoy this season. It’s been amazing so far.  

Top 4 is already nailed on for me. We’ll have to battle with Villa/Brighton/Man Utd for 5th and hope that gets us back in CL. 

Probably right. I'm more bothered with cups than the league tbh. Get third in the CL and go all out for the Europa league, our best chance of silverware.