Chelsea v Newcastle United

Gemmill

14 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

As someone pointed out earlier, Trippier played 5 & 1/2 PL games for us before breaking his foot in early February. He didn't save us from relegation.

He's been cracking for us, but let's judge him on his actual achievements rather than made up ones 

In those 5 1/2 games Newcastle picked up 4 wins, a draw and a loss (to Man City), his performances were excellent in all of them and he was, without a doubt, key in turning around the fortunes of the club at the time. 

• Like 1

On 20/12/2023 at 07:57, wykikitoon said:

Aye. He almost single handedly stop us being relegated. But nah let's forget that. 

I don't think that accurate but you could say that about us getting in the Champions League. 

He is without doubt our best ever RB, even if he plays shit until he retires.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I don't think that accurate but you could say that about us getting in the Champions League. 

He is without doubt our best ever RB, even if he plays shit until he retires.

58 minutes ago, The Fish said:

In those 5 1/2 games Newcastle picked up 4 wins, a draw and a loss (to Man City), his performances were excellent in all of them and he was, without a doubt, key in turning around the fortunes of the club at the time. 

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Not saying he wasn’t instrumental, I’m just saying he didn’t single handedly save us. 

it’s probably semantics though as I think we are agreeing that he so influential. 

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

Not saying he wasn’t instrumental, I’m just saying he didn’t single handily save us. 

it’s probably semantics though as I think we are agreeing that he so influential. 

Aye

I think his influence off the pitch was probably a bigger contribution than anything.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Filth. Does your wife who definitely exists know about this?

She bloody does exist, you've met her, several times.

Edit: And you were at the Wedding! 

Edited by The Fish
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

She bloody does exist, you've met her, several times.

Edit: And you were at the Wedding! 

I said she definitely exists. I don't know what your problem is :dunno: 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

It was her with the big tits.

Yeah. She’d sent then deleted a tweet telling Trippier to fuck off. Then lots of people piled in on her, including ex players :lol: 

This wanting to be famous and popular is on SM is completely uncontrollable. People are just waiting to give you a kicking and the more simple minded appear to be the most needy and the most sensitive at the same time…

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

He missed the last 15 PL games man :lol: 

First Place Reaction GIF by Timothy Winchester

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He missed the last 15 PL games man :lol: 

First Place Reaction GIF by Timothy Winchester

Our form before he joined was appalling, he turned us around and if you don't agree that's fine. We can agree to disagree. 

Just now, The Fish said:

Our form before he joined was appalling, he turned us around and if you don't agree that's fine. We can agree to disagree. 

We can agree that you're wrong. He played well for 5 games. Bruno and Joelinton saved us from relegation 

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

We can agree that you're wrong. He played well for 5 games. Bruno and Joelinton saved us from relegation 

This hill you've chosen to die on is cold, the hill is lonely and the hill is wrong. But that's ok.

Chill Leopard GIF

• Haha 2

trippier is a transformative signing for many reasons - not just what he has done on the pitch, which has been almost flawless up until his recent run of mistakes.

does bruno join, if tripper hadn't already signed, for example? he opened the door for others to follow, sending a message that we were serious proposition. he's also a leader on and off the field. he was still in all the team victory photos even after picking up that injury and de facto captain until lascelles had his recent resurgence. 

and you can't overstate what he's done on the pitch either. he's practically been our playmaker - from right back no less! insane when you think about how much of our best play has come through him down the right side, linking up with bruno, longstaff and miggy. he's always been defensively sound and great at organising the back four. 

i'd say he's the best right back i've ever seen at the club. one of the greatest leaders i've ever seen at the club and possibly one of our greatest and most important signings.

anyone on his back because of the recent mistakes is a clueless gimp. 

• Like 5