Chelsea v Newcastle United

Gemmill

1 minute ago, Zathras said:

Trippier needs dropping.  He's not right in the head.   

He was trying to get it back to Dubs and didn't get enough on it. 

It that happens in the first half would a fresh Lascelles / Botman get on it? Who knows.

He's on fucking fumes like the rest of the team.

Has on a bad run but let's not forget what he's done for this club in such a short time man

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It was just a mistake. No one is infallible. He just keeps getting the maximum punishment for this rate run of mistakes. 

I don't know why everyone is desperate to look for extra reasons. 

It's just such a sudden change from the last several years.  People hoping there is a simple solution

1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

It’s not just this game though. He has been terrible for a couple of weeks now making a series of crucial mistakes.

I know, but what preceded that? Near perfection. He's been other worldly and a massive part of all the mint times and results since the takeover.

I think we can cut the bloke some slack and not be calling his marriage and his time at NUFC over for a couple of mistakes. 

The speed with which people have turned on him is genuinely weird. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Have you read the last 10 pages :lol: 

Yeah. Lots of old women wanging on because we don’t beat a team that spent £800 million in the summer.

It’s boring, you’re boring.

The lads we had (most of them from the Ashley era) did us proud. We lost. On pens which happens. Mistakes were made, which happens.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

He was trying to get it back to Dubs and didn't get enough on it. 

It that happens in the first half would a fresh Lascelles / Botman get on it? Who knows.

He's on fucking fumes like the rest of the team.

Has on a bad run but let's not forget what he's done for this club in such a short time man

I don't mean that it's necessarily his fault; these are concentration mistakes, but those happen when you're fatigued.  I think there's something distracting him because it has been such a sudden drop in form

Just now, strawb said:

Yeah. Lots of old women wanging on because we don’t beat a team that spent £800 million in the summer.

It’s boring, you’re boring.

The lads we had (most of them from the Ashley era) did us proud. We lost. On pens which happens. Mistakes were made, which happens.

Get a grip man. We've just chucked away a cup game in the last minute with a mistake, and the fans aren't allowed to be pissed off? No-one is calling for the managers head.  Well done for being Mr Zen 👍

1 minute ago, thebrokendoll said:

@strawb

what the fuck are you jesusing about?

he's having a fucking mare man, are you actually watching the fucking games??

open your FUCKING eyes.

No argument that he isn’t playing well. But that’s where my complaints stop.

You might need to calm down a little and realise where we are to where we were.

• Jaysus... 1

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Jesus Christ some of the patter on this page. 

It's Arsenal TV. :lol:

Blokes that couldn't run a 5k asking just how fatigued can these lads REALLY be?! 

One of our best players since the takeover needs dropped and is probably leaving in the summer cos he's made a few mistakes during a pressurised period. 

Christ. 

I think it's just to recognise he's fucked up and not put him on a pedestal which some people tend to. 

And yeah, I'm canny gutted. Honestly, feels like the season is effectively over before Christmas. We've no fucking chance in the FA cup, and our away form is so poor I can't see us getting top 4 in the league with the improvements in other teams. Not that I've ever cared that much about top 4. Qualify for the CL, and people start twisting about it affecting our league form! What's the point in all this if we never win anything? 

• Like 1

Just now, Renton said:

I think it's just to recognise he's fucked up and not put him on a pedestal which some people tend to. 

And yeah, I'm canny gutted. Honestly, feels like the season is effectively over before Christmas. We've no fucking chance in the FA cup, and our away form is so poor I can't see us getting top 4 in the league with the improvements in other teams. Not that I've ever cared that much about top 4. Qualify for the CL, and people start twisting about it affecting our league form! What's the point in all this if we never win anything? 

:lol:

Get the next match thread started man, you fucking DIVA. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Get a grip man. We've just chucked away a cup game in the last minute with a mistake, and the fans aren't allowed to be pissed off? No-one is calling for the managers head.  Well done for being Mr Zen 👍

Yeh we did, after 65 minutes of defending like hero’s, and working our socks off. 

I cannot believe you don’t understand that the we were under the cosh for the entire game and that kind of defending takes it out of you. 

I am not saying you can’t be annoyed but calling these lads out is harsh, we are down to the bare bones and they are giving everything.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Trippier has been immense but he's having a mare lately with some some shocking fuck ups, a lot is down to fatigue I totally get it and wouldn't crucify the lad but it's cost us greatly again. The closer it got towards the end, the more they were running out of ideas the more likely I thought they'd score, I loathe playing these cunts away over the years, it's a fucking cursed ground even when we do alright. Ref was the definition of homer for the run of the mill but redeemed himself spotting the dives, should've booked them earlier though. Can't wait to bolster the squad then swat these away in our away games in the future. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, strawb said:

Yeh we did, after 65 minutes of defending like hero’s, and working our socks off. 

I cannot believe you don’t understand that the we were under the cosh for the entire game and that kind of defending takes it out of you. 

I am not saying you can’t be annoyed but calling these lads out is harsh, we are down to the bare bones and they are giving everything.

We will have to agree to disagree. I was calling Almiron out when we were winning because he's fucking hopeless.

Trippier has dropped 3 clangers and missed a penalty in 1.5 games. It doesn't undo how mint he's been since he signed, but he's not infallible. 

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

He came back from England duty due to personal problems. I wonder if that’s playing a part.

very possibly mate.

he's clearly having a mare though at the moment. I'd take him out the firing line. he's been fucking tremendous since we signed him but looks shot at the minute.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I know, but what preceded that? Near perfection. He's been other worldly and a massive part of all the mint times and results since the takeover.

I think we can cut the bloke some slack and not be calling his marriage and his time at NUFC over for a couple of mistakes. 

The speed with which people have turned on him is genuinely weird. 

I am not criticising Trippier, just wondering.

Trippier has been absolutely fantastic on and off the pitch. He has an incredible football brain and his leadership has been amazing. The way how he used to instruct other players what to do was a joy to watch.

That’s why his recent performances and mistakes have been totally out of character. It looks to me like there is more in it than just tiredness.

He has done do much to improve the club that I am not bothered that it were his mistakes that contributed to us losing the game . There have been other factors like players missing and a really awful referee as well. We did also play a team that spent a billion on new players.

But we really do need to get Trippier back on track because he is a fantastic player for the reasons I mentioned.

• Like 2

I was in southern Spain when it went to pens with England vs Colombia. A pissed up daft English cunt tried to [foolishly] claim England were the worst side in the world at penalty shoot-outs. Thankfully I was in earshot and he's probably talking about me now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1