Newcastle United vs Nottingham Forest

LongTimeAdmirer

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

If we get drubbed off Liverpool (which is pretty much nailed on), then get beat off the mackems then I think Howe will be under pressure.

I'd like to think he's earned himself a poor season with what he's done here previously, but dropping out of the LC, CL, FAC and tanking in the league in the space of 4 weeks would get the manager sacked at a lot of other clubs 

There should be no chance that anyone involved in our club seriously considers that Howe could even be considered for sacking. Take away a few errors from players (namely Trippier) and the results we'd have recorded of late will have been more than reasonable for the players at our disposal.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Nah gota stop blaming that now. Not saying it's not a factor but this is an embarrassing performance. 

Physical and mental tiredness leads to poor decisions. This side were twatting Chelsea and Man United a month ago. Short memories. Changes need to be made like but the manager doesn’t appear keen….

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

The problem here is fitness. That’s both exhaustion and players carrying injuries. 

It’s becoming more obvious with every game that we have to play more technically in the future.

I’m worried they’ve over done it in training early on in the season, we looked very tired early on and have racked up soft tissue injuries like mad. 

Howe had more than earned a poor season so for me he’s under no pressure of the sack but he has to start moving away from this loyalty of certain players and be a bit more ruthless at times, the Burn selection the last two games over Livramento stands out. We also really need to step up our recruitment, whatever any of us thought during summer the window has been really poor with hindsight, my real worry is your last sentence - we bought Barnes who suits a counter style rather than a more technical one and I agree we really need more technical players as part of our struggle this season is teams sitting off us rather than being open to our counter. Hopefully there’s some positives that come out of this half season as there’s been a lot to learn from. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

The problem here is fitness. That’s both exhaustion and players carrying injuries. 

It’s becoming more obvious with every game that we have to play more technically in the future.

I don’t think it's exhaustion here, we're now low on confidence and have lost some of that grit that allowed us to control games. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OTF said:

I don’t think it's exhaustion here, we're now low on confidence and have lost some of that grit that allowed us to control games. 

The midfield aren’t tracking back. The players arent in the right positions. There is no pressure on the ball. That’s 💯 fitness.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Physical and mental tiredness leads to poor decisions. This side were twatting Chelsea and Man United a month ago. Short memories. Changes need to be made like but the manager doesn’t appear keen….

Aye. Just have to put down this season to the learning curve. Key is we learn from it though. 

Need to stop the rot here mind. Anfield seems like a bygone conclusion but a cup run could give everyone a lift and leave us something to play for. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

The midfield aren’t tracking back. The players arent in the right positions. There is no pressure on the ball. That’s 💯 fitness.

confidence is also shot though. No surprise after the recent results 

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

I’m worried they’ve over done it in training early on in the season, we looked very tired early on and have racked up soft tissue injuries like mad. 

Howe had more than earned a poor season so for me he’s under no pressure of the sack but he has to start moving away from this loyalty of certain players and be a bit more ruthless at times, the Burn selection the last two games over Livramento stands out. We also really need to step up our recruitment, whatever any of us thought during summer the window has been really poor with hindsight, my real worry is your last sentence - we bought Barnes who suits a counter style rather than a more technical one and I agree we really need more technical players as part of our struggle this season is teams sitting off us rather than being open to our counter. Hopefully there’s some positives that come out of this half season as there’s been a lot to learn from. 

Agreed on the transfer business especially. Benefit of hindsight and rotten luck with injuries and the Tonali thing but we did know full well what we were getting into this season and signed 4 players which included two bairns. 

• Like 1