Blackburn Rovers v Eddie's, can Loris Karius, NUFC - FA Cup 5th Round

sammynb

7 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I don't know about everyone else but I've officially forgiven Dubravka for his loan to Man U. 

Not quite - if he makes a save that wins them a medal, then, he can hang it next to his LC one from last season and we might forgive him.

• Like 1

Get Coventry, beat them, turn our form around at the right time and this night is forgotten about or laughed at. As things are going at the minute the first decent side we come up against will beat us with room to spare. 

• Like 7

Think this is our old mate isn’t it ^? 

He’s right. I can’t do this shit much longer. It’s like they’ve forgotten how to actually play the game compared with last season 🤷🏻‍♂️

Pleased that Dubs got his moment in the spotlight. But fuck me …

IMG_3876.jpeg

• Like 2

Sat on a train going back to Preston with two cunts (tbf my closest football mates) ones seen us get beat at Wembley 5 times. The other 7. 

Is there any fuckin point in this? 

Fuckin hell…am having a fuckin football breakdown 😆

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

To use a gaming analogy, it’s like Blackburn are on NG+ with full skills, and we’re on Survival permadeath settings. 

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

• Haha 4

We rarely looked like creating a decent chance whilst frequently looking like conceding against a side with very poor form in the division below us. Surely there’s different options in terms of formations. It seems like pig-headedness at this point in terms of selection and formation because that was fucking excruciating to watch. There’s problems all over the shop. Dubravka, despite his heroics, is rooted to his line. Trippier looked like he didn’t want to commit going forward. Lascelles had a mare for the goal and played like Bruce had been coaching him for the last fortnight. Burn’s confidence is shot. I’d be tempted to try Trippier at leftback with him tucking in and stepping into midfield to help out and Tino on the right. Willock isn’t match fit and looked rusty but he should bring more energy to the midfield. Longstaff looked like a very average player. When he’s not charging about all over I’m not sure what he brings. Bruno looked a class above but got dragged into that midfield battle and I still think he’s wasted as the ‘pivot’ / 6. Joelinton being out leaves a huge whole in our midfield. Murphy struggled to get into the game. Barnes was dogshit when he came on. For me, the one player irreplaceable in our squad is Isak*. Yet almost every time I see him play for us he’s too isolated and doesn’t see enough of the ball. This even goes back to last season when we were doing well. 
Could be worse like. I thought we’d lose when it went to pens. 
And I really felt for Howe. It looked like watching that shaved about 5 years off his life. 
*He’s a CL-level striker and, even if FFP let us buy a replacement of the same quality, I’m not sure we could attract one for the time being. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Get Coventry, beat them, turn our form around at the right time and this night is forgotten about or laughed at. As things are going at the minute the first decent side we come up against will beat us with room to spare. 

We're in a dip. Our form will improve. Three matches to go to win a trophy now. Pope and big Joe back for the final. :nufc:

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

We're in a dip. Our form will improve. Three matches to go to win a trophy now. Pope and big Joe back for the final. :nufc:

yeah but you know we’ll have to beat Man City away in the next round to progress 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

We rarely looked like creating a decent chance whilst frequently looking like conceding against a side with very poor form in the division below us. Surely there’s different options in terms of formations. It seems like pig-headedness at this point in terms of selection and formation because that was fucking excruciating to watch. There’s problems all over the shop. Dubravka, despite his heroics, is rooted to his line. Trippier looked like he didn’t want to commit going forward. Lascelles had a mare for the goal and played like Bruce had been coaching him for the last fortnight. Burn’s confidence is shot. I’d be tempted to try Trippier at leftback with him tucking in and stepping into midfield to help out and Tino on the right. Willock isn’t match fit and looked rusty but he should bring more energy to the midfield. Longstaff looked like a very average player. When he’s not charging about all over I’m not sure what he brings. Bruno looked a class above but got dragged into that midfield battle and I still think he’s wasted as the ‘pivot’ / 6. Joelinton being out leaves a huge whole in our midfield. Murphy struggled to get into the game. Barnes was dogshit when he came on. For me, the one player irreplaceable in our squad is Isak*. Yet almost every time I see him play for us he’s too isolated and doesn’t see enough of the ball. This even goes back to last season when we were doing well. 
And I really felt for Howe. It looked like watching that shaved about 5 years off his life. 
*He’s a CL-level striker and, even if FFP let us buy a replacement of the same quality, I’m not sure we could attract one for the time being. 

Frustratingly we looked most likely to create a chance when we got into extra time. We were playing with pace and intensity. We could and should have been doing from the off. We were slow and obvious in our build up (with Lascelles being the worst offender), which meant Blackburn had so much time to settle into their defensive shape. Against a low block you need to move the ball around the pitch at pace and we came nowhere near that. Isak and Gordon were chasing inaccurate balls on the flanks, miles away from their goal. 

Longstaff was so poor technically, as was the rest of the team, but he especially seemed to only be able to pass the ball 5yds sideways or backwards with any reliable accuracy. 

This should have been an opportunity to put 2 or 3 past the Championship's second worst defence in a thoroughly professional, morale boosting win. Instead it was a 120 minute confidence sapping slog. The only player who should feel good about themselves are Dubravka and maybe Gordon.

It'll be Liverpool at Anfield next. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

What I cannot understand is Howe's use (or lack of) use of subs.  Yes, at times this season we have had a weak bench. But last night we had options.  Longstaff should have been hooked yet for some reason stayed on.  Hall must been absolutely fucking dog shit in training or has wanked in Mad Dogs shoes not to get on the field.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

What I cannot understand is Howe's use (or lack of) use of subs.  Yes, at times this season we have had a weak bench. But last night we had options.  Longstaff should have been hooked yet for some reason stayed on.  Hall must been absolutely fucking dog shit in training or has wanked in Mad Dogs shoes not to get on the field.

The trouble with hooking Longstaff is, who for? Miley is 17yrs old and just as jaded as Longstaff. Anderson is literally just back from a back injury. Hall is apparently part of some apocalyptic prophecy that forewarns of doom and ruin if he should ever play more than 5 minutes at the end of a game.

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The trouble with hooking Longstaff is, who for? Miley is 17yrs old and just as jaded as Longstaff. Anderson is literally just back from a back injury. Hall is apparently part of some apocalyptic prophecy that forewarns of doom and ruin if he should ever play more than 5 minutes at the end of a game.

Ritchie would have been a better option. It's not his natural position but he has experience and he would have just done more.