Eddie's, don't doubt the Dubs, NUFC v Wolverhampton Wanderers

sammynb

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

We're limping to the end of the season though. That's the point. The CL and the injury situation has completely fucked us.

Spurs have played TEN GAMES fewer than us this season, haven't had close to our injury crisis, and are only 10 points above us in the league.

Swap our games and injuries for theirs and we'd probably have more points than the.

We've had Botman, Burn, Murphy and Barnes back from injury for weeks now, Isak, Willock and Anderson more latterly. At what point does the injuries/fatigue excuse expire? No team has a fully fit squad for the whole season. If anything, we are playing worse now that when we had 11 for players. 

We've had 1 game a week for a while now. You can't just write off the rest of the season cos the players are tired. Howe isn't infallible. I go back to my original point. He has shown no plan B. We are currently playing Plan A at 50% intensity and our defence is getting ripped open by teams fighting relegation. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I think the mitigation of a) the season we had last year, b) the gargantuan efforts in and around the CL campaign, and c) the ludicrous injury crisis are way, way, way more than enough to continue with the bloke.

And I don't mean that he starts next season on borrowed time either. I understand frustration in the away end with what people are seeing in the moment.

Who on here is calling for Howe to be sacked? Everytime someone dares criticise him you go all

jonah GIF

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We've had Botman, Burn, Murphy and Barnes back from injury for weeks now, Isak, Willock and Anderson more latterly. At what point does the injuries/fatigue excuse expire? No team has a fully fit squad for the whole season. If anything, we are playing worse now that when we had 11 for players. 

We've had 1 game a week for a while now. You can't just write off the rest of the season cos the players are tired. Howe isn't infallible. I go back to my original point. He has shown no plan B. We are currently playing Plan A at 50% intensity and our defence is getting ripped open by teams fighting relegation. 

Show me the fixtures where we've had "one game a week for a while now".

That just isn't accurate.

And as has been discussed this week, you don't refill the tank during the season. Once it's empty, it's empty.

Your expectations are WILD.

More on Spurs for context.

Knocked out of the Carabao in the second round.

Knocked out of the FA Cup in the 4th round.

Not in any European competition.

Us.

Made it to QF of the Carabao despite an insane draw.

In the QF of the FA Cup.

Came within half of an hour of making it out of the group of death in the CL.

We are objectively having a better season than Spurs. And it's not even close.

No one is suggesting that Postecoglou is on borrowed time.

Honestly we need to give our fucking heads a shake.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Who on here is calling for Howe to be sacked? Everytime someone dares criticise him you go all

jonah GIF

There is talk of him being on borrowed time.

And BTW, there's only one of us thinking objectively and logically here. I'm a million miles from hysterical.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

There is talk of him being on borrowed time.

And BTW, there's only one of us thinking objectively and logically here. I'm a million miles from hysterical.

Clearly. You're devoid of emotion when it comes to NUFC, which is way more weird than fans daring to get miffed that the team they follow is playing shite

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Show me the fixtures where we've had "one game a week for a while now".

That just isn't accurate.

You mean the entire last month before the Blackburn game? 

IMG_8095.thumb.jpeg.349c70d30cc18f0c4871768ea3504ef4.jpeg

Edited by Kid Dynamite

And do you recall us picking up any more injuries during that run? Or having players just back from injuries? Or having to rush some players back? Or the players we've continued to flog looking like zombies?

Or has it just been plain sailing and inexplicable why we don't look like last year's team?

Anyway, this logical thinker is off to Bamburgh with the dog. ENJOY YOUR HYSTERICAL DAY.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

And do you recall us picking up any more injuries during that run? Or having players just back from injuries? Or having to rush some players back? Or the players we've continued to flog looking like zombies?

Or has it just been plain sailing and inexplicable why we don't look like last year's team?

Anyway, this logical thinker is off to Bamburgh with the dog. ENJOY YOUR HYSTERICAL DAY.

Point disproved = goalposts moved = I'm not replying anymore :lol: 

That's a run of THREE GAMES where we had one a week btw. The first in the list we had a game four days before it.

That's not gonna fix all that preceded it.

• Haha 1

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

Point disproved = goalposts moved = I'm not replying anymore :lol: 

As I've just noted you haven't disproved anything. You've found 3 games where we had one a week. :lol:

WHY AREN'T WE AMAZING AGAIN EDDIE, YOU'VE HAD 3 GAMES IN A ROW WITH A WEEK'S REST INBETWEEN.

DADDY I WANT AN OOMPAH LOOMPAH!

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

As I've just noted you haven't disproved anything. You've found 3 games where we had one a week. :lol:

WHY AREN'T WE AMAZING AGAIN EDDIE, YOU'VE HAD 3 GAMES IN A ROW WITH A WEEK'S REST INBETWEEN.

DADDY I WANT AN OOMPAH LOOMPAH!

That was a quick walk 

• Haha 5

Comparison is the thief of joy and all that but last season we had a miraculous run with injuries, had barely any I can remember and not any long term ones. Not the case this season.

At this point last season we were 10 points better off than we currently are. Not too bad.

Admittedly we aren’t playing well at the moment, but that’s mainly down to confidence Imo. Football is such a confidence game it makes a massive difference and you can’t get confident in your game sitting on the treatment table.

• Like 4

If we take stock of the season now we’ve had some memorable times 

Smashing Man Utd away, beartng Man City in the cup, playing Cl football,  destroying PSG, nearly winning in Paris, mackems, sheff utd away. Etc

We have been knocked out of cup v Chelsea away in the quarters of league cup, will most likely get knocked out of quarters in FA cup v Man City and still have a chance of qualifying for Europe despite an unprecedented injury crisis. 

I personally think it’s been a good season when you take a short look back. Think of where we were 2 years ago. If we qualify for Europe I think it will be an amazing season but if we don’t we’ll have learned and be better next season. 

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

If we take stock of the season now we’ve had some memorable times 

Smashing Man Utd away, beartng Man City in the cup, playing Cl football,  destroying PSG, nearly winning in Paris, mackems, sheff utd away. Etc

We have been knocked out of cup v Chelsea away in the quarters of league cup, will most likely get knocked out of quarters in FA cup v Man City and still have a chance of qualifying for Europe despite an unprecedented injury crisis. 

I personally think it’s been a good season when you take a short look back. Think of where we were 2 years ago. If we qualify for Europe I think it will be an amazing season but if we don’t we’ll have learned and be better next season. 

sam richardson GIF by Team Coco

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We have been without our 1st choice GK which has had a massive impact. This has, however, not really been addressed in the tactics. 

Botman had barely got back to match fitness and he has had a different keeper behind him which has had an impact. 

No way will Barnes be up to match fitness yet.

Murphy has barely been back and is definitely more of an impact sub rather than someone we would want to start. 

Isak and Wilson returning at intermittent times has massively impacted on the fitness of them both. 

Willock will be nowhere near match fitness.

The impact of all of the above is not just physical, there is a psychological impact that we need to learn to address. 

I am extremely disappointed that we have not appeared to try anything 'new' and that we seem to just have a Plan A. Maybe Plan B is to do Plan A with less intensity but it has not worked. 

Howe also seems to do everything to protect youth players. I think this was reflected in Miley starting on the bench last time out. 

• Like 1

i'm surprised tino ins't starting aginat neto when burn played 120 mins midweek. miggy looked much brighter than murphy too when he came on. i also would have started miley over longstaff on current form 

• Like 1

I guess it's difficult to create a plan b when plan a is what you work for for months, and then suddenly you're suffering and the team need to change. Psychology probably plays a large part in that, you're effectively creating another situation because you don't think the players can work with your best option. At the same time, you've got to play to your strengths. While we have had injuries we've seen the depths of our squad and it's fairly shallow. We've seen the limits of the bench lads and we probably got the best from them. I'm still with Howe, it's been an exceptional season, not necessarily for the good always but it's been entertaining. Be careful what you wish for..

• Like 6

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

i'm surprised tino ins't starting aginat neto when burn played 120 mins midweek. miggy looked much brighter than murphy too when he came on. i also would have started miley over longstaff on current form 

I thought Burn had a decent game.  But the legs Tino brought was great.  We need to realise, Howe isn't going to drop Burn unless he's injured.