The Great DOF Hunt of 2024

14 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Callum is a student with about 200 followers - I think he knows sweet fuck all tbh.

If he’s looking to get into proper sports journalism then I think making up an easily checkable direct quote from a well known figure in the game would be a bizarre move tbh… 

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

If he’s looking to get into proper sports journalism then I think making up an easily checkable direct quote from a well known figure in the game would be a bizarre move tbh… 

Isn’t that just the current standard of sports journalism? Misquote/represent a direct comment to drive up attention on their social media accounts.

4 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Isn’t that just the current standard of sports journalism? Misquote/represent a direct comment to drive up attention on their social media accounts.

Yeah possibly….hes quoting what Friedman told fans at some sort of end of season palace forum so I think the actual quote is probably accurate.  

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I’ll accept your apology now @Dazzler :cuppa:

He's still a student with 200 followers who knows sweet fuck all. Am I fuck setting a precedent apologising for this as before we know it we'll be rimming casey every time he accidentally gets something right :lol:

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

He's still a student with 200 followers who knows sweet fuck all. Am I fuck setting a precedent apologising for this as before we know it we'll be rimming casey every time he accidentally gets something right :lol:

He was plainly quoting verbatim what Friedman had said though :lol: his social media following is irrelevant to that Shirley?… I’ll apologise to the board for you getting it wrong on your behalf :D 

6 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Dougie Freedman ❤️ Mid-table. 

Strange decision at this stage during negotiations. Not that I think it is a forgone conclusion that people from ”smaller“ clubs decide to jump ship as soon as we approach them as there might be a lot of good reasons to stay. But why have a change of heart after going through the whole process.

It’s probably Ashworth sending nasty emails trying to put off other people after being exposed to be a treasonous charlatan.

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

But why have a change of heart after going through the whole process.

Because he’s used us to get a big pay rise.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Because he’s used us to get a big pay rise.

Sure, but if he just wanted used us a bargaining position then I‘d still expected it to not get as far as it allegedly did. Especially as it probably brought us back to square one. I am not convinced about this German cunt either.

The transfer window we had without Ashworth was fucking mint tbh. We're going to sign Brunos for every position on the pitch by September. 

• Like 2

We ended up with our second choice manager and that hasn't worked out too badly. We stick all their balls in a sieve, and the ones that remain after a vigorous shake are the ones that get the job. 

• Like 1

The people interviewing him will be well aware of his record. Way more than any of us are.

If it was possible to draw such easy conclusions from 777 group, he wouldn't have even made the long list, never mind the short one. 

• Like 3